FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Vanilla debit
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:09 pm
pawtim

Programs: All, but no status!
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
Anybody knows how long I have to wait for TCF bank to release my funds to my card after a voided cash advance? On Sunday, a teller voided my cash advance transaction after my card was approved for $2498 (a receipt could not be printed for me to sign). Now I am out $2498 until the bank release the preauthorization on my card.
I'm not sure what you mean by "wait for TCF bank to release", but I had a similar experience with a CA on MVD card. Bank teller did a cash advance, approved by MVD, bank teller voided it.

As far as MVD is concerned, they have authorized it so they consider the money spoken for.

If you don't do anything, MVD will hold your money for one year, then make it available. If you want it sooner, you will need to have the bank branch write up a letter identifying the transaction number, date, time, and dollar amount, and state that they are releasing any claim to the funds and do not intend to collect on the approval. The bank branch needs to fax this letter into MVD. MVD will tell you it takes about a week for them to process the letter, but after a week they will have completely lost the fax. They can search for a fax based on the fax number that it was sent from, and the date and time, so find that out from your bank, and let MVD know.

This happened to me, and after getting the runaround I faxed a letter demanding the money back within one week or else I would file a complaint with the FDIC. After that, my funds were made available to me again.

Call MVD and get the fax number; if you do this three times they will tell you at least two different fax numbers. After a while, I just faxed everything repeatedly to both fax numbers.

I wish you luck.
Your problem really isn't MVD's fault, but they are the ones who will need to fix it and they will not do so smoothly.