Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:05 pm

closed my MVDs two weeks ago, received my refund checks yesterday. no more hassle.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Two quick questions:

1. Is $3000 the max daily limit for debit transactions? That's what I'm reading in the T&C. I want to make sure there is no creative way to increase that.

2. I want to confirm you can have a total of three MVD under the same SSN and you obtain the second and third by buying the temp cards in the store.

I've had one MVD for a long time and just began using it. I want to ramp up my monthly churn. Thanks.
Yes, you can get three cards as you described. Things have been kinda harsh lately, read back a week or so before you start.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:53 pm

1. Is $3000 the max daily limit for debit transactions? That's what I'm reading in the T&C. I want to make sure there is no creative way to increase that.
Probably not, I paid $3500+ estimated tax as a debit transaction.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:42 pm

mvd seems to be done for me, any other cards out there for VR besides, amex bb, amex serve, and amex prepaid? Momentum is not offered in my area. Blocked from netspend. hr block did not want to give me their card.

Got a mango and univision, not sure if the mastercard repower means I can load them with VR?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by drdrew450
mvd seems to be done for me, any other cards out there for VR besides, amex bb, amex serve, and amex prepaid? Momentum is not offered in my area. Blocked from netspend. hr block did not want to give me their card.

Got a mango and univision, not sure if the mastercard repower means I can load them with VR?
Now that HRB is online Mango might be next. Only way to know is periodically trying it (didn't work for me – yet).
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by sgideons
Now that HRB is online Mango might be next. Only way to know is periodically trying it (didn't work for me – yet).
was able to load univision card with VR and reloadit.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:02 pm

I have three cards, started to load and then turn around and unload right away - so that we did not get stuck with a card full of swipes. Used to go to WM and pay a bill. This time, they shut down my card, no recourse, and will mail me a check.

I asked why? She said, you cannot turn and burn, we do not want clients like that!

I guess I will try what others here do, CA seem less problematic and leaving the money on the card is also a better plan, as long as you are OK with maybe it being locked and losing access to it, which is par for the course with ANY MS ideas.

Thanks and this was FYI.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:55 pm

Forget Watson, using MVD is like trying to hack the Gibson..

OMG I was Zero Cool!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Two quick questions:

2. I want to confirm you can have a total of three MVD under the same SSN and you obtain the second and third by buying the temp cards in the store.

I've had one MVD for a long time and just began using it. I want to ramp up my monthly churn. Thanks.
Don't go over $2K per CA and do no more than one or two per month. Load slowly, leave the $ in there for a few days at least before CAing. Be sure to do some "regular" swipes at least once or twice per month (min one per CA is my rule). I'm still going strong with several cards this way. Will see how long it lasts.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:21 am

Ok so I'm joining the list of people who were shut down on their MVD cards. My question is has anyone went out and bought a new one and started it up after your three were shut down? If so what happened?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:09 am

Error Code 43, while trying to add a single VR. CSR confirmed at least one of my cards has been flagged and put into "spend down" status. I've probably had this particular card for about 6 months and have used it very lightly (I thought).

I never loaded more than 2 VRs at a time, and usually no more than $1k - $2k total per month. Although I exclusively accessed funds via CA, which I suspect doesn't help, the phone CSR seemed to lock on to the loading more so than unloading activity.

He commented on a specific date recently where I had added multiple (two!) $500 loads, and referred to such activity as "very large deposits". Only $4 stranded. Not worth a CA or MO. Guess I can buy a pack of gum.

Not sure, yet, if this was limited to one card or across SSN.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dbond
I exclusively accessed funds via CA, which I suspect doesn't help, the phone CSR seemed to lock on to the loading more so than unloading activity.
He might have focused on the loading, but it most likely was your lack of "normal" transactions (fee-generating debit purchases) that got ya. If you have or get another MVD, start making periodic purchases and just eat the minimal fees.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by mooper
Don't go over $2K per CA and do no more than one or two per month. Load slowly, leave the $ in there for a few days at least before CAing. Be sure to do some "regular" swipes at least once or twice per month (min one per CA is my rule). I'm still going strong with several cards this way. Will see how long it lasts.
Thanks. My plan is to stay away from BP and CA completely. Only do debit transactions and load slowly.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
I'm drawing the conclusion that loading is the trigger. Multiple reports of automatic shutdown in the middle of loading multiple cards. (happened to me). I think they've drawn the simple conclusion that poor people do not load $500 at a time only MS do.

Stupidly they should simply control this, by say dropping the daily load max to say $200, rather than these mass closings.

Originally Posted by dbond
He commented on a specific date recently where I had added multiple (two!) $500 loads, and referred to such activity as "very large deposits". Only $4 stranded. Not worth a CA or MO. Guess I can buy a pack of gum.

Not sure, yet, if this was limited to one card or across SSN.
Originally Posted by mooper
He might have focused on the loading, but it most likely was your lack of "normal" transactions (fee-generating debit purchases) that got ya. If you have or get another MVD, start making periodic purchases and just eat the minimal fees.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by FatTalker
Probably not, I paid $3500+ estimated tax as a debit transaction.
I have paid estimated tax as high as $4,000. Anyone else did a higher amount per transaction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.