Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
i thought the max amount of Chase cards was 6 in a rolling 365 window...unless that was actually 6 applications in a 365 window....
business and personal are separate. Plus you're assuming all 7 are 'new'.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Went to WM to turn $1600 in Chase cards into two MOs. Got a cashier who knows his stuff, but when I slid the first $500 card, it was rejected. I tried the second $500 card and got a "wrong PIN" message. I had him redo the entire transaction and tried again, with the same results.

I went home and checked the balances -- they were untouched, so I phoned in to check the PIN. After entering card # and CVV for the first one, I got the "Your card has been activated" message instead of the menu.

Now I just activated these cards yesterday evening, and there were several times where a key I pressed didn't register the first time, but I did get through the process on all 4. Somehow, though, 3 of the 4 cards were not activated and all 4 still had their original PIN #s.

I guess the system wasn't registering properly last night. It wasted my trip to WM.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by Travel22
Just to follow up, I called Chase this AM. They simply wanted to confirm my new address and that my identity had not been compromised. Very quick/painless and my cards are on the way!

Thanks.
Thanks for providing an update. I was wondering how it turned out.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kiyaj
I attempted to order an additonal $2500 in gift cards with an Ink Bold employee card with different card #, employee name, SSN, DOB, and email address, and phone # and it wouldn't allow it.

I guess there are mixed reports of whether this is actually possible.
I just did this on an Ink Bold employee card a week after I ordered on my main one. The first time it failed but turns out it was because I had set the monthly spend limit on the employee card too low.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:39 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Artemk
They track cards. You can order $2,600 on IP, another $2,600 on IB. If you add your wife as AU on both - then you can order another 2x$2,600 on your wife's cards.
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered another $2,600 on my IB card with my husband's AU card. Should be all done now for awhile, unless rates don't go up in Aug.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:44 pm

Aug 1

Do we know for sure if the Aug 1 date for eliminating the free shipping.
Does this mean we need to get all our orders in by then
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrreynolds
Do we know for sure if the Aug 1 date for eliminating the free shipping.
Does this mean we need to get all our orders in by then
As far as I know, that is just rumor. I haven't seen a source posted yet for this claim. I would like to see one, but hey, it's over when it's over, and we'll then go on to other things.

You can always pay the $4.95 per $500 GC -- it's an OK price for buying miles, better than the best promotion from UA. But free is definitely better.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Does anyone if the link is temporarily down or there is a new page to order?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Direct link https://www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Uh oh.. not working

Hopefully it's only temporary!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by Artemk
^
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Working fine for me.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
My Chase GC failed on $500 load at WM. Had to break it in 2 transactions and it worked fine.

Is this a known issue? I haven't heard of it before.

PS - Linky working now
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:50 pm

My Chase GC failed on $500 load at WM. Had to break it in 2 transactions and it worked fine.

Is this a known issue? I haven't heard of it before.

PS - Linky working now
I was musing with someone that the GC companies are intentionally culling atempts to drain their cards in one swipe. Successfully splitting the transaction into 2 swipes kinda proves this.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Link worked for me, will test split theory when I go to Wally this evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.