Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
But I would guess <10K in GC is asking for trouble. Big trouble
You should only do what you are comfortable with. People do more than 10K and feel fine, some people don't even do full $2,600 with one card and feel afraid.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: SQ
We always seem to have this discussion and there is no real way to give a definitive answer. Some charge 10k, but they also might have higher credit limits and a higher monthly spending average.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: Several dozen
The reason for no definitive answer is that fear and surprise, surprise and fear are the main weapons of The Spanish Inquisition. That, said your credit limit, percentage credit utilization, random reviews, whether what you are buying is on the latest "hot list" and the like all influence whether you will be rounded up with the usual suspects.

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
We always seem to have this discussion and there is no real way to give a definitive answer. Some charge 10k, but they also might have higher credit limits and a higher monthly spending average.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
The reason for no definitive answer is that fear and surprise, surprise and fear are the main weapons of The Spanish Inquisition. That, said your credit limit, percentage credit utilization, random reviews, whether what you are buying is on the latest "hot list" and the like all influence whether you will be rounded up with the usual suspects.
ADK...always there to strike fear in the hearts of all...
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold
this is somewhat related to Chasegiftcards

for those who use Kiosks at WM, which option do you choose to load BB? I have found the option for GoBank but none of the options seem to work for BB, so have to do it thru a human.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:52 am

It's called "Walmart MoneyCard" and I believe it's the first choice on the screen on the upper left.

Originally Posted by alik99

for those who use Kiosks at WM, which option do you choose to load BB? I have found the option for GoBank but none of the options seem to work for BB, so have to do it thru a human.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

WM Moneycard
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
If this is the case, I agree that in looks to be a routine activity challenge and not a witch hunt.
Just to follow up, I called Chase this AM. They simply wanted to confirm my new address and that my identity had not been compromised. Very quick/painless and my cards are on the way!

Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
I used these cards to buy money orders this morning. However, after I entered my pin, the transaction was declined. Do you know why?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by happy9zz
I used these cards to buy money orders this morning. However, after I entered my pin, the transaction was declined. Do you know why?
Try it again. It's always worked for me. Also, make sure the pin is right.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dprice121
It's called "Walmart MoneyCard" and I believe it's the first choice on the screen on the upper left.

WM Moneycard
thanks, will give it a try!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:35 pm

Data Point - ordered on 7/16 received on 7/22. All arrived in separate thick Chase envelopes.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Data Point - ordered on 7/16 received on 7/22. All arrived in separate thick Chase envelopes.
Oh yeah -- ordered 15 and 16 July, received 21 July. Ordered 16 and 17 July, received 22 July.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450
I have used 7 chase cards... total around 22K over a month and a half
i thought the max amount of Chase cards was 6 in a rolling 365 window...unless that was actually 6 applications in a 365 window....
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by cuebert
I picked up $2500 in Chase GCs with a Freedom. If I get MOs with these (70 cents per $k) I'll pay $2.10 for 2500 UR points, which would be 0.00084 cpp.

Edit: Thanks to dprice121 for the decimal correction :-)
Originally Posted by cuebert
Thanks for the correction, I feel much better now :-)
Yet you still didn't correct your original post. It should be 0.084 cpp, or 0.00084 dollars per point. Units are important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.