Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Got my remaining $5k liquidated at Wal Mart on Thursday. Felt incredibly nervous walking out of there with $4k in money orders. Fortunately this Wal Mart finally disabled the speaker which used to always yell "$500."
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: Several dozen
If nervous, make over the blank MOs to yourself onsite and restrictively endorse, then put the MO receipts in another pocket/place than the MOs. Many have unloaded 100s of Ks without issue.

Originally Posted by XMS91
Got my remaining $5k liquidated at Wal Mart on Thursday. Felt incredibly nervous walking out of there with $4k in money orders. Fortunately this Wal Mart finally disabled the speaker which used to always yell "$500."
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
If nervous, make over the blank MOs to yourself onsite and restrictively endorse, then put the MO receipts in another pocket/place than the MOs. Many have unloaded 100s of Ks without issue.
This. I always write them out to myself before leaving, and will use mobile deposit in-store if the ink is legible enough.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

I have been going to the same dentist for the last 7 years. From his office we can see a store across the street that sells wigs. I have never ever seen a customer walk into that store. But I religiously see the Brinks truck there. Either this is money laundering or the driver is screwing the owner of the store....
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: Several dozen
Miami, like San Antonio, is in the top ten for press and fold. Since moving here I have spotted many businesses that seem to have no customer traffic.

Originally Posted by lacuadra
I have been going to the same dentist for the last 7 years. From his office we can see a store across the street that sells wigs. I have never ever seen a customer walk into that store. But I religiously see the Brinks truck there. Either this is money laundering or the driver is screwing the owner of the store....
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Italian bakery down the street. Hardly ever see anyone in there for over 18 years. Health department has shut them down, they reopen and continue.

Don't even want to know.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
Buying Bitcoin, can it be considered Money laundering?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. ^

http://bit.ly/1fZY0Ci
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:16 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Slickw
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. ^

http://bit.ly/1fZY0Ci
Classic!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: All of em...
Trying to cash out the remaining at Walmart and during Billpay the cards kept getting declined... Pin is correct, and all. Tried a few different one's. The clerk had no idea at all what she was doing, but... any ideas?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Trying to cash out the remaining at Walmart and during Billpay the cards kept getting declined... Pin is correct, and all. Tried a few different one's. The clerk had no idea at all what she was doing, but... any ideas?
If it's really not user error, my guess is that whatever's catching and declining the new Vanilla Visas (see other thread) is also catching the Chase GCs. Use another method to liquidate them.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
If it's really not user error, my guess is that whatever's catching and declining the new Vanilla Visas (see other thread) is also catching the Chase GCs. Use another method to liquidate them.
Uh oh... what thread? I'm still sitting on $8k of CGC
Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Uh oh... what thread? I'm still sitting on $8k of CGC
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...a-visa-gc.html

One of my final CGCs didn't work with PIN when I got it, but it was one in a group of several so I chalked it up to just getting a bad card and disposed of it another way. But you seem to have many so that isn't good.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...a-visa-gc.html

One of my final CGCs didn't work with PIN when I got it, but it was one in a group of several so I chalked it up to just getting a bad card and disposed of it another way. But you seem to have many so that isn't good.
Definitely not good. Anyone have more suggestions on cashing these out (still stuck w/16!) besides AP? Also, w/AP, how do I load them to my account. I honestly always only use my cc's on AP, no prepaid cards. Do I still have to add a name and address?

There's a trick to switch the exp date to not get the .01 hold right?
Appreciate the help
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Anyone have more suggestions on cashing these out (still stuck w/16!) besides AP?
I was able to use up all of my cards, but my backup plan was to use them to pay a portion of my estimated taxes:
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Pay-Taxes-by-...-or-Debit-Card
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: Cathy Pacific Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Hertz Five Star
GoBank worked for me with my last run on Chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.