Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Stoughton
This would have been the moment to tell the Barclays rep to close your account. No card is worth that sort of hassle.
I mostly agree. My only problem purchasing Vanilla was with a Barclays US card. I appreciate the extra level of security that Barclays is trying to offer, especially on these types of purchases, but you would think any financial institution, including Barclays, would have a set guideline for in-person verification that might include a passcode for exactly this circumstance. An ID check and the entry of the passcode (which would be good for one-time use and would need to be reset by logging in to your online account before the next fraud alert incident) should be sufficient to satisfy any fraud concerns while avoiding the "are you sure, are you really sure you're you?" routine.

It's really nothing more than they require when you log in to an online account. And Barclays shouldn't need anything more. The fact that they think they do probably represents an intersection of how serious the problem is with how poorly conceived their instructions on fraud prevention to front-line customer service reps are.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I notice in recent days the Bill Pay History button does not always appear underneath the Payee List on the Bill Pay screen.

Sometimes I refresh the screen it would show up but more often to no avail.

The browser used is FireFox.

While I can see the transaction history and all the bill pay transactions are listed there, I still would like to see a screen listed all the Bill Pay History by date range specified.

Does anyone have the same issue?
I had similar issue and I've tried ie and chrome and none of them worked for me. So, if I just log in and go to bill pay page, I wont be able to scroll and see the bill pay history. but after making one payment, then i will be able to see all the pages. Since i have less than 2 pages of bill pay at this point, i do the sorting of time one way or the other to get to both of the pages. however, it will be trouble for me in the long run as i am paying more bills -- maybe i need to sort on some other keywords to get more info on my payment history. it is truly painful...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Had an interesting reason for not selling VRs at local ceeveeess -

"You can't buy prepaid cards with prepaid cards... "

Technically, VRs are not prepaid cards, so I decided to teach this clerk a lesson!!! Just kidding Just said - "Strange, was always able to". And quietly left...

Anyway, stopped by a different store on the way from work and bought 2 VRs no probs.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:11 pm
Suspended

can someone help a fellow reloader on where to find some beans in the PDX area?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Artemk
Had an interesting reason for not selling VRs at local ceeveeess -

"You can't buy prepaid cards with prepaid cards... "
I've been told the exact same thing by "managers" who spoke with great certainty.

I always express mild surprise, thank them, and leave. Then I go to a more reliable outlet to complete the transaction.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackiesyu
I had similar issue and I've tried ie and chrome and none of them worked for me. So, if I just log in and go to bill pay page, I wont be able to scroll and see the bill pay history. but after making one payment, then i will be able to see all the pages. Since i have less than 2 pages of bill pay at this point, i do the sorting of time one way or the other to get to both of the pages. however, it will be trouble for me in the long run as i am paying more bills -- maybe i need to sort on some other keywords to get more info on my payment history. it is truly painful...
Oh so other browsers dont work either?

I dont know there is a "Sort" function even exists. Where is it located?

My problem is random - sometimes the Bill Pay History shows up on first time going to that function, sometimes from refreshing the screen, sometimes from doing a payment... It is TRULY ANNOYING to say the least. Some of my payees are of one-time use but I dont want to delete them so soon. I want to give it at least 3 months post payment before I delete them because I am afraid once I delete them I would also lose the trail of the payments to the deleted payees.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I've been told the exact same thing by "managers" who spoke with great certainty.

I always express mild surprise, thank them, and leave. Then I go to a more reliable outlet to complete the transaction.
Yes this is what ive been talking about... The sheer inconsistency.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
A thought came to me: "Is a reloader equivalent to a free loader". Class discuss
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by DCBob
Never will I use a Barclays card again for a VR card purchase!
Barclays is strict. common theme on this forum.

it's the only bank that asked for confirmation of my income via Form 4506. I just ignored them since i didnt want to deal with the hassle.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
A thought came to me: "Is a reloader equivalent to a free loader". Class discuss
Lol actually its a bull-sh** question... (Like in my cousin vinny) because the vanilla reload cant even BE "reloaded"

D.A. Jim Trotter: Now, uh, Ms. Vito, being an expert on general automotive knowledge, can you tell me... what would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?
Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bull-sh** question.
D.A. Jim Trotter: Does that mean that you can't answer it?
Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bull-sh** question, it's impossible to answer.
D.A. Jim Trotter: Impossible because you don't know the answer!
Mona Lisa Vito: Nobody could answer that question!
D.A. Jim Trotter: Your Honor, I move to disqualify Ms. Vito as a "expert witness"!
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Can you answer the question?
Mona Lisa Vito: No, it is a trick question!
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Why is it a trick question?
Vinny Gambini: [to Bill] Watch this.
Mona Lisa Vito: 'Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64. However, in 1964, the correct ignition timing would be four degrees before top-dead-center.
D.A. Jim Trotter: Well... um... she's acceptable, Your Honor.

Last edited by Marathon Man; Dec 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: many
MM tisk tisk, you know better.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Lol a freeloader buys vrs with gcs from bc for cb
A reloader just pays the $3.95
I'm a freeloader except when I need to meet spend on a Citi card (like now ...)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
I have never had a problem buying beans with my Chase card. The only two fraud alerts I have received with them is when I attempted to buy GCs online, and when my brother asked me to use my credit card to buy Guild Wars 2 online :P!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by augustus21
I have never had a problem buying beans with my Chase card. The only two fraud alerts I have received with them is when I attempted to buy GCs online, and when my brother asked me to use my credit card to buy Guild Wars 2 online :P!
Indeed
And the term "fraud" is now the most misused and over used term.
It's too bad
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:54 pm

It's always so tempting to say something, especially when you see a cashier who has previously allowed you to buy the bean with a cc, but I bite my tongue every time. Im trying to scout out gas stations since the drugstore game seems to be changing and/or less reliable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.