Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting spending up without the Mint

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:29 am

Hello,

It most likely has been asked before many a-time, but if I have an AmEx gift card and I use it to buy let's say $10 worth of stuff at Walmart/Target etc., can I use ask for money back with a transaction. Not a large amount, of course, but perhaps, $40
I bought a $1 K gift card and trying to think of ways to use it as quickly as possible...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Libra7474
Hello,

It most likely has been asked before many a-time, but if I have an AmEx gift card and I use it to buy let's say $10 worth of stuff at Walmart/Target etc., can I use ask for money back with a transaction. Not a large amount, of course, but perhaps, $40
I bought a $1 K gift card and trying to think of ways to use it as quickly as possible...
No
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Hello,

No but you could buy other gift cards like to Chili's or TgiFridays and then use them as presents or go eat Fajitas.

Last edited by Nottafatslob; Aug 17, 2012 at 11:17 am Reason: sp
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
No but you could buy other gift cards like to Chili's or TgiFridays and then use them as presents or go eat Fajitas.
Thank you! that's a very good idea. Perhaps, some gas cards or Walmart/Target gift cards
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:48 pm

Thank you! that's a very good idea. Perhaps, some gas cards or Walmart/Target gift cards
One trick I have used if you buy Gift Cards from the Bar/restaurants is to get cash back from your Gift card.
Let me explain first you will be better at this if you are friendly with the bartender. So lets say you hit happy hour for some $2 beers or whatever and sit at the bar and eat some half priced appetizers and get to know the bartender. Why not propose to take your $30 bill and put it on a $50 gift card and say you will leave a $10 tip if you can put down $20 for the tip and get $10 cash back. Most of them cheap on taxes on their tips anyway or pay little in taxes anyway if you find one with kids and no more income ect.

So you are thinking but that tip is double what I might leave at 33% but think of it this way next time you will be friends now and definitely get top quality drinks and next time you can scale it back to maybe a 20% tip with the same result. I think more fun than selling the Gift cards for a loss online on some website.

Secondly you may see people you know or get to know who pull out cash to pay their bill and you can use my other trick of offering to pay their tab and they give you the cash. Just say hey I need the Red Stripe points at Fridays to get enough to give someone a birthday dinner and many will do it.

I think I am addicted to this stuff now LOL ^
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
rephrased my question a bit, I am looking for ways to spend on AMX, from this thread I know there's AP and AMX PP with V reload but I don't know if there's any other way to spend on AMX.

Any comment or help here, please feel free to PM, thanks very much

Last edited by NttDocomo; Aug 17, 2012 at 10:04 pm
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:32 pm

You repeated too much dead info there. Go to Visabuxx site and look at other funding sources they are there. Maybe change the names of part of your post to flavors or colors or something to avoid the Cardinals
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Secondly you may see people you know or get to know who pull out cash to pay their bill and you can use my other trick of offering to pay their tab and they give you the cash.

my friends and I call that the "ghetto ATM"
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
my friends and I call that the "ghetto ATM"
Well maybe in some bars but I wouldn't call the chains ghetto LOL

I stopped with a group at Applebees last night and the bill was over $400 and it went on my card to make a UNNAMED bank happy. I want my cards to last forever. ^
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Well maybe in some bars but I wouldn't call the chains ghetto LOL

I stopped with a group at Applebees last night and the bill was over $400 and it went on my card to make a UNNAMED bank happy. I want my cards to last forever. ^
I find my daily *bux trips help increase my swipe count. Although one downside to this is it decreases my free certs received from my Gold status there. If there is a GSP this year, the ppd's should help the burn for those looking for the full hit count.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by UNHBuzzard
I find my daily *bux trips help increase my swipe count. Although one downside to this is it decreases my free certs received from my Gold status there. If there is a GSP this year, the ppd's should help the burn for those looking for the full hit count.
I donated a gift card at church services this morning.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:32 pm

Hmmm

DELETE

Sorry, this seems to be a false alarm.

Last edited by mkpolo76; Aug 20, 2012 at 5:56 am
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
golden tip about one state's laws: any merchant gc with a balance less than a Hamilton can be cashed out. a corpouration from our friends up in the pacific northwest allows gc balance transfers online, and many places sell these gcs in packs of hamiltons or hamiltons + lincolns.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mkpolo76
I could have sworn that about half an hour ago I read something about a certain organization being available again. Anybody confirm this? PM please.
Sure.. if you want to pay $60 extra for a box.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pkerr
Sure.. if you want to pay $60 extra for a box.
Do the box sellers take Amex?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.