FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

stormy16 Nov 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 19700728)
In the past I've been able to charge my Citi Amex Business, Chase PC and BOA Cash Rewards on AP w/o a cash advance fee.

I'm getting 2 new cards in next week: Chase Hyatt & Citi Visa. Does anyone have recent info on whether those cards are subject to cash advance categorization?

I saw a post a few pages back on a fee imposed for the Citi Visa, but I thought maybe that poster selected the wrong category.

Input appreciated, thanks.

Citi Visa still works for me. I used it this month in AP without CA fee.

brooklynmatt Nov 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by stormy16 (Post 19701842)
Citi Visa still works for me. I used it this month in AP without CA fee.

I think it was misread. I never got a fee. I just got an 'advert' for balance transfer right next to it.

Which makes me think someone at Citi is thinking of it too much

lilpooh108 Nov 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks for the input.

julp Nov 18, 2012 12:02 am

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 19700728)
In the past I've been able to charge my Citi Amex Business, Chase PC and BOA Cash Rewards on AP w/o a cash advance fee.

I'm getting 2 new cards in next week: Chase Hyatt & Citi Visa. Does anyone have recent info on whether those cards are subject to cash advance categorization?

I saw a post a few pages back on a fee imposed for the Citi Visa, but I thought maybe that poster selected the wrong category.

Input appreciated, thanks.

I've been able to send AP payments using both the Citi AA Visa and Citi AA Amex this month as purchases (no fees attached).

lilpooh108 Nov 18, 2012 11:05 am

Originally Posted by julp (Post 19703954)
I've been able to send AP payments using both the Citi AA Visa and Citi AA Amex this month as purchases (no fees attached).

Perfect, thanks.

mrp20 Nov 29, 2012 4:11 am

data point: AP appears to be monitoring IP addresses now for new accounts, per below:

Greetings from Amazon Payments:

Thank you for verifying your account information. We appreciate your cooperation and use of Amazon Payments.

Please contact us as soon as possible if you did not recently sign in to your Amazon Payments account.

- The Amazon Payments Team

This email regarding your account was delivered to you by Amazon Payments.

AlohaDaveKennedy Nov 29, 2012 7:52 am

Indeed - some signs in Jungleland that the sleeper has awakened. We either adapt or perish.

Originally Posted by mrp20 (Post 19764859)
data point: AP appears to be monitoring IP addresses now for new accounts, per below:

Thank you for verifying your account information. We appreciate your cooperation and use of Amazon Payments.

Please contact us as soon as possible if you did not recently sign in to your Amazon Payments account.

elBulli Nov 29, 2012 8:24 am

Ouch. But to be fair I don't think anyone was using one IP address to create or even access multiple accounts. Each of my three accounts are completely separate aside from my name. Different CCs, different banks (where applicable), different addresses, and always use different computers to access.

shoreline Nov 29, 2012 8:33 am

Why should this email mean they are monitoring IP addy's? I think it means nothing more than a friendly notice to let you know activity on your account has occured and if it's not you (meaning fraud) you should let them know ASAP.

I received this same email for very different computers in very different locations for the spouse's account. They were simply trying to verify the primary address on the account. Why is it wrong for 2 different people within the same household to have an AP account?

echip Nov 29, 2012 8:47 am

This email does NOT proved that AP is monitoring IP addresses.

shoreline Nov 29, 2012 9:15 am

Originally Posted by echip (Post 19765936)
This email does NOT proved that AP is monitoring IP addresses.

+1^

That was exactly my point. In my case, we are in separate states at the moment, so no where near the same IP addresses.

I really think it's a friendly notice of account activity.;)

y2chen Nov 29, 2012 10:13 am

Originally Posted by elBulli (Post 19765829)
... and always use different computers to access.

That doesn't mean different IPs unless you're using a different internet connection for each of those computers. Once you get past your router, it all looks like its coming from the same IP.

elBulli Nov 29, 2012 10:17 am

Originally Posted by y2chen (Post 19766419)
That doesn't mean different IPs unless you're using a different internet connection for each of those computers. Once you get past your router, it all looks like its coming from the same IP.

Yes of course. It would be silly to use two different physical computers on the same internet connection and expect different IP addresses. I assumed that this was assumed in my post. :)

y2chen Nov 29, 2012 10:19 am

Originally Posted by elBulli (Post 19766439)
Yes of course. It would be silly to use two different physical computers on the same internet connection and expect different IP addresses. I assumed that this was assumed in my post. :)

touche. wanted to make sure others made that assumption as well.

elBulli Nov 29, 2012 10:28 am

I could have written it more clearly. Thanks for the clarification.