New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:40 pm
In memoriam

Hi Brian - I second the request for a review. FWIW - I started this thread about the Chicago property a while back - and you might post your review there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...o+seasons+four
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:19 am

FS Chicago

Just heard that Hans Williman, who opened the FS Chicago way back when, has gone to open FS Vail. Maybe a new GM will improve things.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
In addition to the new web site for the FS Seattle (of which many of us were informed today via the company's latest mass e-mail), there's a new web site for the Macau property:

http://www.fourseasons.com/macau/

The rooms look a lot nicer than the Mandarin Oriental
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks, nice to see macau and seattle done.

also new, not linked >
http://www.fourseasons.com/seychelles/preview/

also updated, and mentions baltimore now >
http://www.fourseasons.com/newatfour...s_page_11.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 19, 2008 at 1:17 am
Old Jun 19, 2008, 6:10 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I am really looking forward to the FS Seattle opening this Fall -- we have been putting off a visit to Seattle until the property opens.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Just heard that Hans Williman, who opened the FS Chicago way back when, has gone to open FS Vail. Maybe a new GM will improve things.
From what I hear, Patrick Ghielmeti from FS BKK is now GM at FS Chicago.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:29 pm

FS Chicago management changes

Originally Posted by luxury
From what I hear, Patrick Ghielmeti from FS BKK is now GM at FS Chicago.
No, Patrick Ghielmetti is Regional VP now. He is based in Chicago but is not a GM anymore. He oversees FS Chicago, The Ritz Carlton Chicago - a Four Seasons Hotel, and Four Seasons Scottsdale at Troon North.

Michele Grosso is the new GM at The Ritz Carlton Chicago (FS), but not sure who has taken over from Hans at FS Chicago.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:06 pm

No, Patrick Ghielmetti is Regional VP now. He is based in Chicago but is not a GM anymore. He oversees FS Chicago, The Ritz Carlton Chicago - a Four Seasons Hotel, and Four Seasons Scottsdale at Troon North.

Michele Grosso is the new GM at The Ritz Carlton Chicago (FS), but not sure who has taken over from Hans at FS Chicago.
Patrick was Regional VP when as GM of FS BKK also.... the BKK property was very well run under his leadership.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:57 am

New GM for FS Chicago

Patrick was Regional VP when as GM of FS BKK also.... the BKK property was very well run under his leadership.
I agree that Patrick did a great job as Regional VP and GM of FS BK. Just heard that both Chicago hotels are having major refurbishments under Patrick, so things should improve. The new GM of FS Chicago is Denise Flanders, ex-GM of FS Atlanta.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 6:37 pm

I agree that Patrick did a great job as Regional VP and GM of FS BK. Just heard that both Chicago hotels are having major refurbishments under Patrick, so things should improve. The new GM of FS Chicago is Denise Flanders, ex-GM of FS Atlanta.
Here's the new structure in Chicago:
Chicago, IL - June 9, 2008 - Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts announces the appointment of Patrick Ghielmetti to Regional Vice President, overseeing The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel) and Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
Reporting to Ghielmetti are Ritz-Carlton Chicago General Manager (Mr.) Michele Grosso and Four Seasons Hotel Chicago General Manager Denise Flanders.

You beat me to it.....
Old Jun 27, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
inadvertent post
Old Jun 28, 2008, 6:13 am

FS Chicago etc

Here's the new structure in Chicago:
Chicago, IL - June 9, 2008 - Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts announces the appointment of Patrick Ghielmetti to Regional Vice President, overseeing The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel) and Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
Reporting to Ghielmetti are Ritz-Carlton Chicago General Manager (Mr.) Michele Grosso and Four Seasons Hotel Chicago General Manager Denise Flanders.

You beat me to it.....
It is interesting that neither hotel now has a Hotel Manager - just the GMs. Sounds as though Patrick Ghielmetti is really running the show, which is a good thing. This is the first GM job for Michele Grosso, so overseeing a major refurbishment is probably too much. I wonder if they will be able to transform this dreary hotel (R-C).
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:36 pm
In memoriam

That's interesting. I had some contact with Denise Flanders when one of our stays at the FS Atlanta got screwed up (and she fixed things up). Perhaps I will stop by and say hello in Chicago when we arrive there. Robyn
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:54 am

Hans Willimann is leaving to Vail first week in August. Denise Flanders is piloting the renovation come January.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 6:09 am

Looks like there are plans for a FS Golf Resort in Cairo and a FS for Luxor in the pipeline. The FS Sharm el Sheikh is supposed to be expanding by doubling the rooms, adding 50 villas, and a golf course so lots of activity for FS in Egypt.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...B%7D&dist=hppr

-- The Madinaty Four Seasons Golf Resort in Cairo, Egypt will include 180 rooms.
-- The Luxor Four Seasons Hotel in Luxor, Egypt will have 250 rooms and 100 villas within the ancient city and is in close proximity to the Luxor Temple. It will face the Nile River, with viewable access from the balconies.

-- The Sharm El Sheikh Four Seasons Hotel expansion in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt will double the number of hotel rooms and add 50 villas, as well as an 18-hole golf course, to this world-class hotel, which is known to many visitors of Egypt's Red Sea tourist region.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.