Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:04 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by synd
My parents just came back from a stay at the Pulo and they had a wonderful time at the resort, which the exception that they were sick for most of their stay. If they were to ever go again they said they would book a 1bd villa over the beach casita having stayed in both during their trip. The in-house cook made the whole difference in their opinion which much better meals than at the restaurants and every night they would set up their dining area with different decorations, which were amazing. The bedroom portion of the villa is exactly the same as the casita: furniture, shape bathroom, but you have a separate living room, a pool ofc and a nice garden. One thing though is they prefered the beach by the casitas than next to the villa. Mom loved driving the buggy and wished her car was as simple to drive lol.
Completely agree that the One Bedroom Villa is a drastically different experience...Villa #32 is the best
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:25 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by synd
My parents just came back from a stay at the Pulo and they had a wonderful time at the resort, which the exception that they were sick for most of their stay. If they were to ever go again they said they would book a 1bd villa over the beach casita having stayed in both during their trip. The in-house cook made the whole difference in their opinion which much better meals than at the restaurants and every night they would set up their dining area with different decorations, which were amazing. The bedroom portion of the villa is exactly the same as the casita: furniture, shape bathroom, but you have a separate living room, a pool ofc and a nice garden. One thing though is they prefered the beach by the casitas than next to the villa. Mom loved driving the buggy and wished her car was as simple to drive lol.
Interesting - having stayed at the beach casita and visited the 1-bedroom villa, I felt the opposite and that the standard 1-bedroom villas were not worth the splurge. If you're lucky enough to land one of the multi bedroom villas repurposed as a one-bedroom, though, you're in for a treat.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:50 am
Aman Contributor Badge

We loved the (2 BR) villa we had at Pulo way more than the beach casita. We did, however, manage to negotiate a special price since we only needed 1 BR and since we changed to the villa more or less spontanously during our stay (a surprise for me which my husband organised). Not sure what the price difference is now. I think we were in number 33. In any case, the (few) villas at that side of the island is better since they are at the best beach. I suppose that synd`s parents were in a villa at the other side of the island since they preferred the casita beach (shared with villas 31-33).
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:32 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Agree that the casitas in general at Pulo isn't amazing and not my favorite...much prefer the newer properties/designs like Amanoi. But I do think the exterior space of the one bedroom villa #32 is great for many reasons.

We were staying in a Beach Casitas and were invited over for drinks by the guests in Villa #32 and it was an awesome space to spend time hanging out with friends and drinks during sunset. Their butler also arranged a lovely spread, we had a great time! The beach is also the best area on the island during our visit in early July. Also know of other clients and FT members who specifically request #32 when visiting/booking.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by landing
Can´t decide between Pulo or Maldives in April. Is the weather good in April?
we’re deciding to go back again for week for some r&r in late April or mid-May for our anniversary. Is the weather the same in those months? I’m also tempted to do the 1 bed villa but the RM said with our baby you wouldn’t hear in the living pavilion as it’s too far away... hmm.

Last edited by kmills84; Mar 15, 2018 at 5:47 am
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Same. Coming in on CX901. So say if we land at 1120. What would you say is the latest we need to be at the departure lounge by? If we get there by 1250 do they still put you on?
We were there last week, arrived on CX901 and took the early flight. Have done so in the past also; totally smooth. The Pulo folks will have you at the hangar in time. We have also done a night in Manila en route once and would never do again, spent almost all of the time in horrendous traffic (and were only traveling to the Peninsula in Makati so not far)

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Anyone on site at Pulo?

Have booking to visit in July but with all the ISIS activities, probably thinking of canceling the trip. Would love some feedback...and safe travels!!!
What kind of feedback were you after? We didn't see any obvious terrorists around Had a lovely stay as usual.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:21 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by Altocumulus
We were there last week, arrived on CX901 and took the early flight. Have done so in the past also; totally smooth. The Pulo folks will have you at the hangar in time. We have also done a night in Manila en route once and would never do again, spent almost all of the time in horrendous traffic (and were only traveling to the Peninsula in Makati so not far)

What kind of feedback were you after? We didn't see any obvious terrorists around Had a lovely stay as usual.
Haha, well this was during the ISIS battle that lasted a week last year and we were probably more concerned about our arrival into Manila than staying on Pulo, so it was certainly something to be mindful of...but we went anyway and had a lovely time! They did bring in extra security including the head of security for Amans. The guests would never even notice the security being onsite but rest assured they were certainly there and was on alert during that period.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:25 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by kmills84

we’re deciding to go back again for week for some r&r in late April or mid-May for our anniversary. Is the weather the same in those months? I’m also tempted to do the 1 bed villa but the RM said with our baby you wouldn’t her in the living pavilion as it’s too far away... hmm.
They should be able to arrange a baby monitor, though...I've had to asked similar for other clients before and it wasn't an issue.
The One bedroom villa will definitely make the R&R more R&R, lol. Enjoy and Happy early Anniversary!!!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by kmills84
we’re deciding to go back again for week for some r&r in late April or mid-May for our anniversary. Is the weather the same in those months? I’m also tempted to do the 1 bed villa but the RM said with our baby you wouldn’t her in the living pavilion as it’s too far away... hmm.
We've done Amanpulo villa #32 twice with our son when he was 1.5 & 3. We arranged to have a full-time nanny for both times, and we requested the same nanny the 2nd time we went. The private nanny rate is very reasonable and I though they were fantastic with all kids.

I think the living pavilions and bedrooms are far in all villas, but villa #32 does have a living pavilion at the opposite end of the ground. Villa #32 is the only true 1 bedroom villa and Amanpulo will just close off extra bedrooms to make it 1 or 2 bedroom villa unless you specifically request villa #32. On the Aman Resort website, pictures 1-3 on the Villa page are those of #32. It has an open air pavilion and outdoor BBQ and dining area, which other villas don't have. We saw 3-4 other villas but villa #32 has more palm trees, grass and vegetation.

We were given a 4 bedroom villa on our 2nd stay, and we requested to move to villa #32 because that side of the island is less windy and preferred the layout of #32. Many of the villas are slightly set back from the beach, so you might have a very short walk to the beach, but villa #31-33 are right on the beach.

We are thinking of going back in August and will be requesting villa #32 again. To us, it's a special villa.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:43 am

For all this talk of the villas, here are pictures from my stay over Christmas '16

Room upgrades mean more to me than they used to, so I would spend the extra to get a villa. I'm just not a fan of any of the casitas at Amanpulo.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:24 am

For our upcoming trip we are arriving from Singapore at 10:00AM (on JetStar unfortunately, but it is the only flight from SIN that allows you to make the early flight), so we have tons of time on the front end, but for the return is there any risk in booking CX918 that leaves at 5:45PM? We could take the next CX flight if necessary (7:55PM), as we don't leave HKG until 1:00AM, but I would really rather hang out at the Pier or the Wing at HKG as opposed to 4+ hours at MNL.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
For our upcoming trip we are arriving from Singapore at 10:00AM (on JetStar unfortunately, but it is the only flight from SIN that allows you to make the early flight), so we have tons of time on the front end, but for the return is there any risk in booking CX918 that leaves at 5:45PM? We could take the next CX flight if necessary (7:55PM), as we don't leave HKG until 1:00AM, but I would really rather hang out at the Pier or the Wing at HKG as opposed to 4+ hours at MNL.
We took CX918 on our recent trip with no problems. and have done in the past also.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
For all this talk of the villas, here are pictures from my stay over Christmas '16
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132880...57677975290196

Room upgrades mean more to me than they used to, so I would spend the extra to get a villa. I'm just not a fan of any of the casitas at Amanpulo.
Tempting so I can get the personal chef to make baby purees for the LO and Kinilaw on tap for myself. How does it work with the food...if you book the Island Escape you still get half board or is all food included with the villas?

Also has anyone been around mid-May, what's the weather like or should we opt for late April to be safe?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:09 am

We took CX918 on our recent trip with no problems. and have done in the past also.
I was actually able to get two seats in JAL F for our flight home after Amanpulo, instead of CX, but the tradeoff is that we now need to overnight in Manila (which is fine). Is The Peninsula a no-brainer, or are there any other hotels that we should consider? Priorities would be proximity to the airport (as we fly to NRT at 9:50AM the next day) and somewhere either with a great restaurant in the hotel for dinner (end of a two-week trip, so we will be exhausted) or in a neighborhood with great restaurants that are a short cab.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Peon
Suggestions about activities?

Our trip to Amanpulo is coming up in a couple months, and we’re hoping the weather gods smile upon us (our original Plan B in the event of foul weather, Amanwana, is currently out of the running; the resort says they’re fully booked. So we’d probably just spend a little more time on Bali, and hop over to Amanjiwo as well.).

We’ve been going through the activities guide and noting things to do. These especially caught our eye, and I’d love to get feedback on how these have been OR if there’s something we’re omitting that you think we should consider.

This is for 2 adults plus our daughter (9). We’d have her participate in some things, and hire a sitter for others. We’re staying for 5 nights.

• Snorkel
  • Take a SCUBA refresher course and dive
  • Have our daughter take the SCUBA intro course and dive with her (she’s really excited about this one!)
  • Picnic at the sand bar with lunch
  • Rent the Kawayan Bar for a couple hours with cocktails
  • Take the Manamoc tour (possibly with the mangrove exploration)
  • Stargaze
  • Have a few spa treatments

One thing I’m on the fence about is a private dining experience. The beach BBQ looks good, especially with lobster. But the add-on price for a 1kg lobster almost seems to border on gouging (USD $200 before tax/service charge). Earlier in this trip we’re staying at Amankila, and the beach dining experience there seems to offer more value. I’m very interested in perspectives here.

Thanks so much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.