https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-russi...d=hp_lead_pos9
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:27 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thinking of a minor apartment upgrade?
callmedtop likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:00 am

Any truth to the rumour that the planed Aman Costa Rica is now being developed as a Six Senses instead?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:35 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
Any truth to the rumour that the planed Aman Costa Rica is now being developed as a Six Senses instead?
not sure. Not too much info out of Aman re: Costa Rica but it looks like SS is canyon development and John Heah architect...

Aman Costa Rica is Legacy and Olson-Kundig architects

fdw
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

not sure. Not too much info out of Aman re: Costa Rica but it looks like SS is canyon development and John Heah architect...

Aman Costa Rica is Legacy and Olson-Kundig architects

fdw
This is true - the resort is owned by Canyon Equity and will be designed by John Heah and managed by Six Senses.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
So I have a trip to bali and staying 6 nights in Amankila. I have now emailed their general indonesia email and emailed Amankila after my mail was forwarded to them with very specific questions and they keep sending me their guest directory without answering my questions. I have now send them a total of 5 emails and got 4 guest directory attachments and no reply to my last one for 5 days. Am I doing something wrong in terms of communication or do they suddenly have the service standards of Holiday Inn? Btw my questions are as simple as asking for which dive sites the dive master would recommend and what day trips from the directory their concierge would recommend for us to prioritize so I can arrange everything before my arrival. Anyone have gm emails or advice as to what I should do?

thanks
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:49 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tcmb99
So I have a trip to bali and staying 6 nights in Amankila. I have now emailed their general indonesia email and emailed Amankila after my mail was forwarded to them with very specific questions and they keep sending me their guest directory without answering my questions. I have now send them a total of 5 emails and got 4 guest directory attachments and no reply to my last one for 5 days. Am I doing something wrong in terms of communication or do they suddenly have the service standards of Holiday Inn? Btw my questions are as simple as asking for which dive sites the dive master would recommend and what day trips from the directory their concierge would recommend for us to prioritize so I can arrange everything before my arrival. Anyone have gm emails or advice as to what I should do?

thanks
It is indeed strange that they do not give you a more personal answer. However, I find their directory of activities very detailed with good descriptions of the many and different activities, so reading this and knowing what you like (you know that best) would give you a good idea. I normally let each family member read the activities directory and tell me what they would be most interested in (hiking, cycling, temples, swimming, villages, nature etc.) and make a choice. They also provide a list of suggested highlights, which is what I guess they would recommend since they do not know you personally. We have done most activities there (except diving), and I would be happy to give you more information if you have specific questions. Or you could ask the GM directly of course. They do not have a normal concierge, but everything is really flexible if you would like to change plans short times or take an extra stop/combine activities.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: VIRTUOSO
Originally Posted by tcmb99

thanks
I am really sorry to hear that. Normally, they are quick to answer to this type of requests. To avoid such problems, it is always better booking through an agent who will give you more accurate options ;-) Not sure Ernst, the GM, would help better than the front desk regarding this matter. I do hop you will solve it soon.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by mrtripper
I am really sorry to hear that. Normally, they are quick to answer to this type of requests. To avoid such problems, it is always better booking through an agent who will give you more accurate options ;-) Not sure Ernst, the GM, would help better than the front desk regarding this matter. I do hop you will solve it soon.
Very subtle advertising... and rarely seen from other, great agents on this forum.
Pierre&Cédric and Musken like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by scented

I heard Kila will have a renovation. Do we know when and details?

Since Ed (understandably?) refuses to touch his Aman properties post AZ, I wonder who is in charge.
Just finished a 4 night stay at Kila, and I can confirm that renovation is ongoing. In fact, the renovation was ongoing in the suite next to ours from 8am to 10pm every day. It was certainly not "peace on the hill" during our stay. As far as we could tell the construction is for adding pools to some of the suites. Not sure about any other scheduled renovation.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cheme24
Just finished a 4 night stay at Kila, and I can confirm that renovation is ongoing. In fact, the renovation was ongoing in the suite next to ours from 8am to 10pm every day. It was certainly not "peace on the hill" during our stay. As far as we could tell the construction is for adding pools to some of the suites. Not sure about any other scheduled renovation.
Heading there soon. Might I ask what suite you were in and where the construction was?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by dmjaffe
Heading there soon. Might I ask what suite you were in and where the construction was?
I was in suite 27, and the construction was right next to us. I don’t have the resort map with me, so I am not sure what the number was, but it was not suite 26.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:08 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cheme24

I was in suite 27, and the construction was right next to us. I don’t have the resort map with me, so I am not sure what the number was, but it was not suite 26.
They are adding new pools to 3 existing suites. The first one is already finished, the other 2 by August. I just stayed in 37 (towards the beach), no noise issue in that part of the hotel.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks! to cheme24 & livefromtuscany. I've requested 37 -- so fingers crossed. I do have a resort map, so I'll check where 27 is.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:49 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dmjaffe
Thanks! to cheme24 & livefromtuscany. I've requested 37 -- so fingers crossed. I do have a resort map, so I'll check where 27 is.
you’re welcome! 37 is a great choice as it has a beautiful open sea view and is very private. I was in 8 for an hour before departure to shower/change, what a terrible room - you’re exposed to people walking by on 3 sides of the building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.