Amanresorts Thread 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:41 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I would; if you absolutely need to go to Ubud; consiser other options than Amandari... while we loved our time there (our first Aman!) there are other great options thee: Chedi, Capella, RC reserve... I just don’t believe Amandari is in the same league....

However, Amankila is timeless; especially the new pool suites look great.

I would actually go Amanjiwo first (heavy cultural) and then Amankila (max relax).

fdw
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:55 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Completely agree with FDW and bhrubin...Jiwo + Kila is a fabulous combo. If you just can't do Jiwo and must do Ubud then I'd highly suggest combining RC Mandapa + Kila.
Dari is not what it once was and GM Jann actually moved over to Jiwo, recently. When Ian from Jiwo moved to Yara. But Jiwo + Kila should be great!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
We also did Jiwo + Kila for our honeymoon last July and loved the combination. We had some service issues at Jiwo which were frustrating but quickly forgotten by the time we got to Kila. I would not have changed anything about our trip. We did 4 nights Jiwo + 5 nights Kila. Note that the area around Kila is pretty quiet in terms of dining/bars/nightlife.
FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:33 am

Okay so I'll be flying from Phuket, which looks like there are no easy flights to Yogyakarta. Best one would be an overnight layover in Singapore, which we'd lose a day.

Any other ideas on how to get there? It looks like it is much easier to get to DPS (Bali) than YOG...
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:15 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m
Okay so I'll be flying from Phuket, which looks like there are no easy flights to Yogyakarta. Best one would be an overnight layover in Singapore, which we'd lose a day.

Any other ideas on how to get there? It looks like it is much easier to get to DPS (Bali) than YOG...
We had to fly from LAX to BKK to DPS...and had a day room at Amanusa (when it was the full resort) for our 5-6 hr layover before our DPS-JOG flight. It clearly was painful to get to Jiwo for the start our adventure, but it turned out absolutely to be worth that pain. I'd do it again without hesitation to get back to Jiwo.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
We had to fly from LAX to BKK to DPS...and had a day room at Amanusa (when it was the full resort) for our 5-6 hr layover before our DPS-JOG flight. It clearly was painful to get to Jiwo for the start our adventure, but it turned out absolutely to be worth that pain. I'd do it again without hesitation to get back to Jiwo.
I'm thinking about flying early into Jakarta and then booking a separate flight to JOG. With that, we probably won't get to the hotel until like 8-9pm?

Any recommendations on airlines in the region? I know they're all LCCs but any to avoid or aim for?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm thinking about flying early into Jakarta and then booking a separate flight to JOG. With that, we probably won't get to the hotel until like 8-9pm?

Any recommendations on airlines in the region? I know they're all LCCs but any to avoid or aim for?
Try to get Garuda Air. WAY better than AirAsia for not much more sometimes.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:58 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

So if the flights work better than do Amanjiwo at the end. We had originally planned to do Amanjiwo first but due to the Volcanoe eruption we finished with it. Our return though was JOG CGK BKK FRA IAD....

fdw
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
So if the flights work better than do Amanjiwo at the end. We had originally planned to do Amanjiwo first but due to the Volcanoe eruption we finished with it. Our return though was JOG CGK BKK FRA IAD....

fdw
It would but Amankila is booked on the dates of the first half of my time Bali. So in that case it would be Amandari/Amanjiwo with no Kila.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..

It would but Amankila is booked on the dates of the first half of my time Bali. So in that case it would be Amandari/Amanjiwo with no Kila.
Fly TG , SQ / MI into SIN GAPORE , then check if you do MI / SQ to JOG or SOC to get to Jiwo for your dates .

Do not miss Kila !

Go by SIN
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Completely agree with FDW and bhrubin...Jiwo + Kila is a fabulous combo. If you just can't do Jiwo and must do Ubud then I'd highly suggest combining RC Mandapa + Kila.
Dari is not what it once was and GM Jann actually moved over to Jiwo, recently. When Ian from Jiwo moved to Yara. But Jiwo + Kila should be great!
Agree completely on Kila+Mandapa. Just did this in July and it was a fantastic combination. Each property with its own style, but each had incredible service and location.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by dmjaffe
Agree completely on Kila+Mandapa. Just did this in July and it was a fantastic combination. Each property with its own style, but each had incredible service and location.
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I would; if you absolutely need to go to Ubud; consiser other options than Amandari... while we loved our time there (our first Aman!) there are other great options thee: Chedi, Capella, RC reserve... I just don’t believe Amandari is in the same league....

However, Amankila is timeless; especially the new pool suites look great.

I would actually go Amanjiwo first (heavy cultural) and then Amankila (max relax).

fdw
I requested some pricing for RC Mandapa. Hopefully they give me a similar deal and I hope that Amankila will honor their deal if I don't stay at Dari/Jiwo since I believe it's a discover Indonesia rate.

I think Jiwo this trip would be too much airport hopping and travel time and we'll probably just stick to Bali. This trip was kind of last minute since it's for a wedding and we were just in Asia in July (when we went to Amanoi). I'd want to come back and spend more time at Amanjiwo in a relaxed state.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:57 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by dmjaffe
Awesome! Glad you guys enjoyed it

Yeah, normally not a huge RC person but Mandapa stands out. I suppose it's a Reserve for a reason.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Fly TG , SQ / MI into SIN GAPORE , then check if you do MI / SQ to JOG or SOC to get to Jiwo for your dates .

Do not miss Kila !

Go by SIN
Or have Aman charter a small plane for you. They will do this to get you to Wana from Kila for example. Or they used to. Given the LCC model in the area I think I would prefer this option.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
Or have Aman charter a small plane for you. They will do this to get you to Wana from Kila for example. Or they used to. Given the LCC model in the area I think I would prefer this option.
I like your style but that'll definitely be out of the budget.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.