Luxury Trappings of No Interest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Trappings of No Interest

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by trajanc
This. Especially when it's the hotel's channel. Not how I want to be 'welcomed home.'

And mostly, butler's. Maybe we have not had a great one yet but in general I have found them to be useless and cloying. The kids have enjoyed it but I prefer to just put up the DND and be left alone for the duration.
One of the hotels I stay at very frequently puts a video of a fish tank on the television in the bedroom for turndown.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

How have I managed to neglect citing welcoming ceremonies?! Brief hoopla such as the Ventanas al Paraiso mariachi band, quick foam margarita, and handshake with exec of the day -- that is bearable. But the 15-minute ceremony at Laucala (after flying 24 hours and three plane changes) is torturous.
SanDiego1K and SLC_IAH like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.