Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Guess it's time Rosewood had its own thread .
They continue to surprise with gems like this .

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/grosvenor-square

This should become their London flagship

Also am certainly looking forward to their new openings although was a little disappointed by Crillon - I guess it's still early days .
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bearbrick
Guess it's time Rosewood had its own thread .
They continue to surprise with gems like this .

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/grosvenor-square

This should become their London flagship

Also am certainly looking forward to their new openings although was a little disappointed by Crillon - I guess it's still early days .
Great thread idea. I’m curious to hear about what disappointed you about Crillon as at least the pictures look quite impressive. Service issues?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Great thread idea. I’m curious to hear about what disappointed you about Crillon as at least the pictures look quite impressive. Service issues?
A mixture of hardware and software - some fixable some not. Service was generally good but needs to warm up.
Breakfast was underwhelming . Bed and it's wares was exceptional though .
Will return but not in a hurry .
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:07 pm

A mixture of hardware and software - some fixable some not. Service was generally good but needs to warm up.
Could you elaborate on the hardware issues?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:30 pm

I agree and love the new Crillon beds... excellent duvets by Drouault as well. I would give the service another 6 months.

They aim to delight but early days. Hardware is generally gorgeous, especially specialty suites.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Openings are always tempting to go to but generally always disappointing. I've learned my lesson from a lot of places. Hopefully, their service recovery will win the day?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:15 pm
Original Member

I am an over-the-top fan of Rosewood's Las Ventanas al Paraiso in Cabo. In fact, we return this Sunday for another week-long stay in a signature villa.

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/la...anas-los-cabos
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Re hardware issues , it's to do with noise and surprisingly "wind tunnels "- somewhere within the room possibly vents and electrical purring but not the fridge . That was my room which was overall wonderful ( views , balcony , roof tops , Eiffel etc ) and I didn't bother to move as a result .

A friend staying in another room wasn't so lucky with noise but alternatives offered disappointing .

For sure the service needs some warming up but then they do have solid staff there so that's a good start . But the management would need to review some policies and also to greatly improve the breakfast menu .
Didn't try Ecrin, not really keen either .
Overall , it's a fine and solid redone hotel in an excellent location ( for that area )

Re Lutetia ... still a long way to go from outside - hoarding and building noise is still apparent .
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KatW
I am an over-the-top fan of Rosewood's Las Ventanas al Paraiso in Cabo. In fact, we return this Sunday for another week-long stay in a signature villa.

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/la...anas-los-cabos
Have a great time KatW. Loved your last trip report!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I have had some good stays at their hotels, but I am boycotting them because they screwed me with the Rosewood Baha Mar opening and I had to eat some plane tickets and they offered me exactly $0 compensation.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Valveking
I have had some good stays at their hotels, but I am boycotting them because they screwed me with the Rosewood Baha Mar opening and I had to eat some plane tickets and they offered me exactly $0 compensation.
That's horrible. Nothing if escalated to corporate?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by Aventine
That's horrible. Nothing if escalated to corporate?
We rescheduled the trip once because it didn't open and then the second time it didn't open they offered to let us book at Las Ventanas for rack rate with no help on the plane tickets. It was pathetic. My TA was not very helpful and I didn't escalate but I should have. I ended up paying the cancellation fee with Delta and just bagging it.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted.

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 28, 2017 at 7:20 am
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

We have a house around the corner from the Rosewood San Miguel de Allende. The hotel is a lovely place....huge in comparison to other hotels in town.....but so well done and in the style of the colonial town. While some may say it is over scaled for SMA....we have always been pleased with their presence here and feel it is a great addition. It is one of our favorite places for Sunday brunch and we are heading over there this morning as we have guests in town.
KatW and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:36 pm

Anyone stayed at Rosewood Phuket already? Would be interested to stay there in 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.