Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022 | 8:50 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by offerendum
Don't know how it was before, but the spreads are still quite good. I like the big screen wall in the gym.
TR coming soon ?
Old Aug 27, 2022 | 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CGRA
TR coming soon ?
The trip report is already running, but the 3 nights at the George were at the end and I am only on day 4 out of 17 days.
But already so much in advance: A solid stay, even the service was good (after a slightly bumpy start). Le Cinq will not be my favorite restaurant, but Orangerie was surprisingly good. Our room (Deluxe Suite) was nice, but not technically up to date, especially in the bathroom.
The only thing that I find negative are the prices. Here is an overview:

You can't justify that by any stretch of the imagination. Everything else in the hotel is then also downright outrageously overpriced, here times a breakfast bill:

But enough grumbling, here are a few more pictures from the SPA so as not to deviate too much from the topic.

gudugan likes this.

Last edited by offerendum; Aug 27, 2022 at 10:50 am
Old Aug 27, 2022 | 5:07 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by offerendum
Don't know how it was before, but the spreads are still quite good. I like the big screen wall in the gym.
It was older with a much darker feeling.
offerendum likes this.
Old May 30, 2023 | 4:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
So thankful to have tried a personalized spa journey for my birthday at Aman Tokyo and the massage was incredible. It was the best massage of my life. It felt like ocean waves running over my sore muscles, artful and strong. I don't do deep tissue. This was amazing. Definitely a massage to remember.
FlyerEC, scented, Aventine and 2 others like this.
Old May 30, 2023 | 8:15 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by secretflyer
So thankful to have tried a personalized spa journey for my birthday at Aman Tokyo and the massage was incredible. It was the best massage of my life. It felt like ocean waves running over my sore muscles, artful and strong. I don't do deep tissue. This was amazing. Definitely a massage to remember.
AO Spa at Andaz Tokyo is good but Aman's is Holy Grail amazing.
Old May 19, 2024 | 7:51 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Janu Tokyo Wellness

Aman is phasing out the word spa and calling it Janu Wellness for Janu Tokyo's spa, sauna and fitness areas. This is probably the most comprehensive spa and fitness facility in Asia and maybe the world.There's 5 studios involving a golf simulator, an actual boxing ring, group spin cycling class, personal training and a yoga studio. They will give you a group fitness calendar at check-in and the classes are never very full. You might luck out and get a 1 on 1 lesson sometimes.

The wellness center also has 7 spa treatment rooms and 2 private spa houses with either a Turkish Hammam or Russian banya steam room (at an additional usage fee). The treatment rooms have high quality finishes and bedding.

This is the Turkish Hammam spa house from first tea ritual to the finish. Not pictured is the Hammam and outdoor jacuzzi.

Last edited by Aventine; May 19, 2024 at 8:46 am
Old May 19, 2024 | 6:29 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Janu Tokyo swimming pool

I would say Janu Tokyo's pool is a bit more family friendly than Aman's with the poolside jacuzzis. No views to write about and slightly less Instagrammable. No pool lane markers in sight and the lifeguard is present but very hands off. Won't be whistling you for splashing in the pool or not using a swimming cap.

This is the male sauna area rotemburo bath. The only thing missing here is any sort of bathing with a view.
offerendum, FlyerEC and gudugan like this.

Last edited by Aventine; May 19, 2024 at 6:34 pm
Old Jun 24, 2024 | 12:25 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Bvlgari Tokyo spa

I went to the Bvlgari Tokyo spa after experiencing Janu Tokyo's wellness wonderland. Janu wins by a longshot. Treatment and therapists were a lot better at Janu and it was even slightly cheaper than Bvlgari.

Amenities include:
Japanese hot soaking bath
European dry sauna
Turkish Hammam
Dyson blowdryers
Bvlgari bath tolietries

The spa entrance is on the 40th floor and spa treatment rooms on the 41st floor. 1 spa suite, 1 couples treatment room and 7 regular single treatment rooms.

Bvlgari has a very nice, luxurious spa but some questionable facilities management decisions take away from the splendor and luxury. I never had a Tokyo luxury hotel place a 1 hour time limit on spa usage before my treatment. It's usually at your leisure and for the guest to experience all that the spa and sauna facilities have to offer. I'm thinking most guests would be considerate enough not spend hours upon hours there. It started the spaing experience off on a sour note and matches the other rigid behavior that we had seen at their Italian restaurant and bar.

The treatment rooms are a bit small and plain for the highest spa rates in Tokyo. However, this massage bed was pretty comfortable and on par with MO, SL and Janu.

Definitely a little product placement going on.

It's more of a fitness room than gym. Everything is crammed in and feels like an afterthought.

The pool is definitely less opulent than some of the other areas of the hotel. I expected more Bvlgari branding, to be honest.

It's nice that there's a view towards Tokyo Bay.

Vaterland and gudugan like this.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 24, 2024 at 5:34 am
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 8:20 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

I expected a lot more from the spa treatment rooms at FS Kuala Lumpur. It was very disappointing for what they charge as the luxury market leader. Especially, when the MO next door has pretty inviting and more luxurious feeling treatment rooms.
gudugan likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2024 | 5:38 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
My treatment room in FSKL was large with a tub and armchairs , sauna , steam room , etcetera and a view (day curtains curtains drawn )

While in FS Macau yesterday evening , my treatment room was large too with a huge “ tub “ and view , think no sauna though
Will try to share more photos later , taken before treatment

Looking at this lovely phaelanopsis when face down

The “ tub “

Double vanity

Old Aug 21, 2024 | 6:20 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
My treatment room in FSKL was large with a tub and armchairs , sauna , steam room , etcetera and a view (day curtains curtains drawn )

While in FS Macau yesterday evening , my treatment room was large too with a huge tub and view , think no sauna though
Will try to share more photos later , taken before treatment

Looking at this lovely phaelanopsis when face down

Double vanity
I think you won the luxury spa lottery this week.
Old Aug 22, 2024 | 11:58 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Aventine
Bvlgari has a very nice, luxurious spa but some questionable facilities management decisions take away from the splendor and luxury. I never had a Tokyo luxury hotel place a 1 hour time limit on spa usage before my treatment. It's usually at your leisure and for the guest to experience all that the spa and sauna facilities have to offer. I'm thinking most guests would be considerate enough not spend hours upon hours there. It started the spaing experience off on a sour note and matches the other rigid behavior that we had seen at their Italian restaurant and bar.
Many thanks for this very helpful review. We will be at the Bulgari Tokyo in October and I know now to temper my expectations. I may even have to cancel and seek another hotel. Spending two to three hours in a hotel's spa facilities is my preferred remedy for conquering jetlag and so I was crestfallen to read of the Bulgari's rather shockingly limited time restraint.

May I ask what rigid behavior you observed at the restaurant and bar?
Old Aug 22, 2024 | 4:06 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Vaterland

May I ask what rigid behavior you observed at the restaurant and bar?
They were forcing both diners to order set menus. Not allowing someone who doesn't eat so much to order a la carte. Bartender wouldn't go off menu for a relatively well-known and easy to make cocktail. That was astounding at Bvlgari's price point.

Originally Posted by Vaterland
Many thanks for this very helpful review. We will be at the Bulgari Tokyo in October and I know now to temper my expectations. I may even have to cancel and seek another hotel. Spending two to three hours in a hotel's spa facilities is my preferred remedy for conquering jetlag and so I was crestfallen to read of the Bulgari's rather shockingly limited time restraint.
I should clarify that this spa treatment was done as an outside guest. Not an in-house one. Doesn't change my opinion that paying spa guests should be given more than 1 hour.
Personally, I think the Aman Tokyo, JANU pool and spa facilities are much better.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 22, 2024 at 9:40 pm
Old Aug 23, 2024 | 1:28 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think you won the luxury spa lottery this week.
Was pleasantly surprised myself .. good therapist , experienced Filipina

One of 2 spa beds

View from treatment room

View from restroom behind the drapes 😉
offerendum and Aventine like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.