Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread

Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:04 am
  #136  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 6,303
I was very underwhelmed by the Sense Spa at Rosewood Abu Dhabi. I also find it incredible that Rosewood do not offer any chemical-free brands in their hotels. I agree with Scented that FS Abu Dhabi is leagues ahead - great treatments there, under Christelle, who is now overseeing this hotel and the two Four Seasons in Dubai.
vuittonsofstyle is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:47 am
  #137  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,618
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I was very underwhelmed by the Sense Spa at Rosewood Abu Dhabi. I also find it incredible that Rosewood do not offer any chemical-free brands in their hotels. I agree with Scented that FS Abu Dhabi is leagues ahead - great treatments there, under Christelle, who is now overseeing this hotel and the two Four Seasons in Dubai.
Makes sense as Hayley left Four Seasons to head the Spa side of a hospitality consultancy in the Middle East IIRC. I am happy that Christelle follows. But as she is AUH based, FS Dubai should have hired a Spa Manager now for daily operations?
scented is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:15 am
  #138  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,282
Originally Posted by scented
Makes sense as Hayley left Four Seasons to head the Spa side of a hospitality consultancy in the Middle East IIRC. I am happy that Christelle follows. But as she is AUH based, FS Dubai should have hired a Spa Manager now for daily operations?
I've seen their job postings on indeed.ae. Probably still searching.
Aventine is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:00 am
  #139  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 6,303
Originally Posted by scented
Makes sense as Hayley left Four Seasons to head the Spa side of a hospitality consultancy in the Middle East IIRC. I am happy that Christelle follows. But as she is AUH based, FS Dubai should have hired a Spa Manager now for daily operations?
As you no doubt know, the previous Spa Manager at FS Jumeirah was let go. Christelle, I gather, is in the process of hiring. I agree though that someone should have been found by now. Is that not the case? Christelle now splits her time between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, so is very much involved, as is Leonardo Baiocchi, who is RVP.
scented likes this.
vuittonsofstyle is offline  
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:02 pm
  #140  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,282
My wife had a surprisingly exasperating signature Pearl facial at FS Jumeirah Beach. We were a little late since Sea Fu decided to give us complimentary desserts and probably arrived at 8:05pm. She began at around 8:30pm and finished at 9:40pm. My wife thinks the therapist just wanted to go home and rushed through the treatment. Hopefully, they will re-do the treatment later today.

The treatment rooms almost look like they belong to a lesser resort. Very, very spartan.



Last edited by Aventine; Aug 31, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Aventine is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:40 am
  #141  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,618
The treatment rooms at the Spa look very much like an afterthought. Especially the towel heater is unfortunate. I hope this will be addressed.

Not sure regarding the treatment, are you in touch with the team? Who is now Spa Manager there? I think Christelle Besnier travels between properties.

Manoj is now Head Therapist in Dubai, he transferred there from Marrakech. His Indian therapies are quite good, but donít think facials etc are his thing
scented is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:59 am
  #142  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,282
Originally Posted by scented
The treatment rooms at the Spa look very much like an afterthought. Especially the towel heater is unfortunate. I hope this will be addressed.

Not sure regarding the treatment, are you in touch with the team? Who is now Spa Manager there? I think Christelle Besnier travels between properties.

Manoj is now Head Therapist in Dubai, he transferred there from Marrakech. His Indian therapies are quite good, but donít think facials etc are his thing
The pull up blinds are also an eyesore. I think this treatment room might be one of the worst among the newer FS properties.

Verity Marsh seems to be filling in? They offered a nice complimentary makeup so that's nice they recognize failures and rectify.

It was a Thai woman who did the Pearl facial and definitely not one of their best people.
Aventine is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:25 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,618
Yes the treatment room is very claustrophobic with a touch of IKEA...

I suspect neither BAMO nor Tihany did the treatment rooms, so a third/fourth/fifth company was consulted.

I actually prefer AUH over DJB for the Spa, more so now that Hayley has left.
scented is offline  
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:54 am
  #144  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,282
Originally Posted by scented
Yes the treatment room is very claustrophobic with a touch of IKEA...

I suspect neither BAMO nor Tihany did the treatment rooms, so a third/fourth/fifth company was consulted.

I actually prefer AUH over DJB for the Spa, more so now that Hayley has left.
A real shame because everything else is first class.
Aventine is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:23 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,593
The new SPA at FS George V is very nice. The showers with jets all around are to die for. Very nice steam. No more sauna nor relaxation room sadly.
CGRA is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:04 am
  #146  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,282
Originally Posted by CGRA
The new SPA at FS George V is very nice. The showers with jets all around are to die for. Very nice steam. No more sauna nor relaxation room sadly.
Did they also do away with the communal relaxation area with the juice and water?
Aventine is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:18 pm
  #147  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posts: 3,300
Last month we holidayed in Napa near Calistoga. Made a daytrip to the Solange Spa and were mighty impressed. Best massage EVER plus facial and foot reflexology (which I disbelieve as to the health compinent but it feels so good so eho cares). Gorgeous spa with more bells and whistles than ever. Sweet, kindly staff with open hearts. I loved this place. Returning as soon as I can.

https://solage.aubergeresorts.com/spa/
Aventine likes this.
KatW is online now  
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:31 am
  #148  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,593
Originally Posted by Aventine
Did they also do away with the communal relaxation area with the juice and water?
itís smaller but still there (one table plus 2 armchairs)
CGRA is offline  
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:46 am
  #149  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 6,303
Originally Posted by CGRA
The new SPA at FS George V is very nice. The showers with jets all around are to die for. Very nice steam. No more sauna nor relaxation room sadly.
Apart from the very strong chlorine gas in the pool area.....
vuittonsofstyle is offline  
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:56 am
  #150  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,618
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Apart from the very strong chlorine gas in the pool area.....
Donít we just all love French legislation?
scented is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.