FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1851561-luxury-spa-news-chitchat-review-thread.html)

Aventine Jul 4, 17 4:32 am

Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread
 
Since we always seem to be going OT in a lot of threads about luxury spas, cosmetic brands, spa industry people, etc. Only fitting to make a luxury spa thread!

Aventine Jul 4, 17 4:37 am

http://i.imgur.com/hacIVK7.jpg

MO Tokyo therapists bring trained by Subtle Energies trainers for their new ayurveda aromatherapy programs.

I like that MO Tokyo is trying something out of the box for a conservative spa environment like Tokyo. We've known Sara since she was at MO Guangzhou and happy to see her moving up the MO ladder.

scented Jul 4, 17 4:38 am

Glad you did it! Wonderful addition to the forum.

vuittonsofstyle Jul 4, 17 10:11 am

Brilliant, Aventine ! Thank you so much for creating this Forum for those of us who care!

obscure2k Jul 4, 17 10:27 am

Thank you, Aventine
Excellent addition to the Luxury Hotels and Travel Forum ^

Kagehitokiri Jul 4, 17 10:45 am

especially at Luxury Hotels :)

good idea

uggboy Jul 4, 17 11:13 am

Thanks Aventine, we look forward to hear/read more about Spa experiences here in this forum. @:-)

I wonder now about a separate Luxury Hotel restaurant/bars/room service experiences thread. Could be interesting...:)

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

xray Jul 4, 17 2:43 pm

Good thread ! Just like the hotel amenities one :)

I had my first facial ever at FSGV and never looked back. In Paris, I now love the treatment rooms at MO Paris and the Guerlain facials.

Susiew237 Jul 4, 17 2:54 pm

What about having a (somewhat) standard reviewing practise... eg,
Where
Type of treatment
facilities - eg pool,jacuzzi, ice water
Waiting/relaxing area
Ambiance
Changing area
products used or available
Quality of treatment

That sort of thing. other suggestions helpful here as this is just top of head. I love going to spa's round the world.

Susiew237 Jul 4, 17 3:08 pm

Having said that I'll start although Pullman not really a luxury hotel but one of the nicer ones in Auckland and what I think is the best spa here:

Where: Pullman hotel Spa (Auckland NZ)
Treatment: Sodashi Thermal infusing facial (90 mins)
Facilities: Large indoor heated swimming pool with full size opening doors at end and opening roof, Steam room, jacuzzi, sauna. Also separate female sauna. Gym.
Waiting area: peaceful with selection of magazines. Low lighting.
Ambiance: Peaceful and elegant, although sometimes there is the occasional thump from the upstairs ballroom when preparing for an event or something
Changing area: Not my favourite part as no cubicles if you prefer a private area to change. 4 showers. Elemis shower products and moisturisers
Products used: Sodashi but also has Elemis and others
Quality of treatment: Sublime. This treatment has a mask that is put all over your face including mouth (or not if you cant breathe through nose) and it hardens and you can feel the warmth of it on your skin. I always come out glowing afterwards.
Therapist: I have been coming here for a number of years now and I have gotten to know the Spa Manager Rawinia quite well and usually am able to ask for her when she does a treatment day. She is the loveliest person and she has really done a good job of finding kindred spirits that work here. All the staff are kind and very softly spoken. It has a very peaceful vibe and I leave here feeling loved.

Also I can highly rate a number of the therapists for a good massage.

scented Jul 4, 17 3:16 pm


Originally Posted by Susiew237 (Post 28519622)
Having said that I'll start although Pullman not really a luxury hotel but one of the nicer ones in Auckland and what I think is the best spa here:

Where: Pullman hotel Spa (Auckland NZ)
Treatment: Sodashi Thermal infusing facial (90 mins)
Facilities: Large indoor heated swimming pool with full size opening doors at end and opening roof, Steam room, jacuzzi, sauna. Also separate female sauna. Gym.
Waiting area: peaceful with selection of magazines. Low lighting.
Ambiance: Peaceful and elegant, although sometimes there is the occasional thump from the upstairs ballroom when preparing for an event or something
Changing area: Not my favourite part as no cubicles if you prefer a private area to change. 4 showers. Elemis shower products and moisturisers
Products used: Sodashi but also has Elemis and others
Quality of treatment: Sublime. This treatment has a mask that is put all over your face including mouth (or not if you cant breathe through nose) and it hardens and you can feel the warmth of it on your skin. I always come out glowing afterwards.
Therapist: I have been coming here for a number of years now and I have gotten to know the Spa Manager Rawinia quite well and usually am able to ask for her when she does a treatment day. She is the loveliest person and she has really done a good job of finding kindred spirits that work here. All the staff are kind and very softly spoken. It has a very peaceful vibe and I leave here feeling loved.

Also I can highly rate a number of the therapists for a good massage.

This is actually my favorite facial, along with Samadara. The protocol is quite difficult, but if it is done well it easily qualifies as one of the best facials one can have. There is so much product applied on the skin that it is almost a miracle everything is absorbed when the mask comes off... Sodashi claims the effects last two weeks but my experience is that it is a bit longer, around 2-3 weeks in my case. I agree it is a great feeling when the clay heats up the mask to 37C.

I must try the spa there, their spa manager seems right on the job by the sound of it! The Siam does this facial exceptionally well, too!

Aventine Jul 4, 17 7:58 pm


Originally Posted by Susiew237 (Post 28519581)
What about having a (somewhat) standard reviewing practise... eg,
Where
Type of treatment
facilities - eg pool,jacuzzi, ice water
Waiting/relaxing area
Ambiance
Changing area
products used or available
Quality of treatment

That sort of thing. other suggestions helpful here as this is just top of head. I love going to spa's round the world.

Feel free to use the reply with review function at the top too!

Aventine Jul 4, 17 8:19 pm


Originally Posted by scented (Post 28519652)
This is actually my favorite facial, along with Samadara. The protocol is quite difficult, but if it is done well it easily qualifies as one of the best facials one can have. There is so much product applied on the skin that it is almost a miracle everything is absorbed when the mask comes off... Sodashi claims the effects last two weeks but my experience is that it is a bit longer, around 2-3 weeks in my case. I agree it is a great feeling when the clay heats up the mask to 37C.

I must try the spa there, their spa manager seems right on the job by the sound of it! The Siam does this facial exceptionally well, too!

It takes so much training and expertise that FS Seoul doesn't do it. My wife was sooo disappointed that they only offer Biologique Recherche ones.

vuittonsofstyle Jul 5, 17 7:30 am

Agree with everyone about the Sodashi Thermal Facial and the Samadara version, too - both using the thermal mask. Best facial anywhere.

Delphine at Four Seasons George V does this facial brilliantly, also at The Siam Bangkok etc etc

It is, as scented says, a really complex protocol, so not every spa has therapists who are up to the job!

Kagehitokiri Jul 5, 17 1:24 pm

hoteliermiddleeast.com/30989-four-seasons-beiruts-spa-manager-named-sodashi-ambassador/

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut spa manager Charbel Watfa has been selected by luxury spa and skincare brand Sodashi to become one of its ambassadors among all other Four Seasons and Resorts properties.

This new appointment, supported by Sodashi founder Megan Larsen along with Rami Sayess, regional vice president and general manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, consolidates the collaboration between the luxury brand and the hotel's spa.

Watfa uses his previous physiotherapy expertise

Watfa travelled to Sodashi's headquarters in Sydney, followed by Perth, Sodashi's home-office and laboratory, where he was able to meet the entire Sodashi team along with Larsen, and contributed in numerous sessions on exploring new products and services based on guest requirements and market trends.

Watfa said in a statement: "I am a huge fan of Sodashi and its organic philosophy. It is an honour to be selected as ambassador and I look forward to welcoming Megan Larsen at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut to explore new possibilities with the brand."


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:08 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.