Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
At the Adult-only pool at St. Regis....

May be an adult.... Was barking all the time btw
Livetotell likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 6:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
What's the latest on Miami hotels? Looking at the Setai but not sure if anything else is better. Anyone been to Setai and can comment on the breakfast (not the Sunday brunch)?
Old Jun 27, 2023, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Four Seasons at the Surf Club in Surfside is my favourite hotel in Miami. Prices have gone through the roof though (like most places).
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:33 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
What's the latest on Miami hotels? Looking at the Setai but not sure if anything else is better. Anyone been to Setai and can comment on the breakfast (not the Sunday brunch)?
and while jp-mco point about FS Surfside isn't wrong per se, it really comes down to how you define Miami.
Surfside and Bal Harbour are not Miami if you ask me.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Mainly just looking south/mid beach. I liked the fs surfside when it first opened up but been avoiding it because of how hard TAs are pushing it.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
At this point, maybe my 5 cents. I stayed at the St. Regis Bal Harbour and the FS Surf Club in February/March.

St. Regis
The St. Regis is relatively new and we stayed in an Atlantic Ocean Suite.
The public areas of the hotel are stylish. The room was large and OK, but somehow not really inspiring.
Already at check-in it became clear that they have problems in the service. This continued and some things did not work at all. So one wanted all serious in a $ 4000 room a fee for tea bags from me. Also, I would probably still be sitting in the room today if I had waited for the luggage service when checking out, the guy at the front desk was then no better. They seem to place more value here on the stupid saber ritual of opening champagne and carrying out operated, lightly dressed ladies than my satisfaction. Great exception were the ladies from housekeeping, they were super friendly and dedicated. Maybe they should promote them, it could only do the hotel good
On a positive note, the breakfast buffet was really good. The pool and beach were fine, as you would expect in Miami.
What there was plenty of was construction noise during the day.
My detailed trip report:
General
Suite
Breakfast Buffet
Pools
Pool food
Beach
Gym
Atlantikos
Breakfast room service

Four Seasons
The Four Seasons is even newer than the St. Regis and has real style in the lobby area with the integration of the old Surf Club. Here, too, one likes to take out one's trim, clearly younger female. Nevertheless, the atmosphere is more pleasant. The service is also good overall. The exception was the pool, where I was simply ignored. Anyway, the pool and beach are rather disappointing and certainly nothing special.
Our Ocean View Studio Suite was nicely done, I liked the bright decor. Nevertheless, it must be said that it is as expensive as the suite at the St. Regis, but costs the same.
Breakfast was a la carte and top of the line just from the prices.
The Lido restaurant I personally found good, the Surf Club restaurant has a Michelin star and adorns itself with the name Thomas Keller, but is still not much good.
Here are the details:
General
Room
Gym
Pools
Beach
Lido
Breakfast
Surf Club Restaurant

What can I say? Both hotels are definitely one thing and that is top notch: Totally overpriced. You certainly don't get what you pay for.
Apart from that, the Four Seasons is certainly the better hotel and I would prefer it to the St. Regis in case of doubt. Still, there are areas where the St. Regis is better, namely breakfast and room size.
In the end, I'll be honest: I have no intention of returning to Miami in the foreseeable future.
KatW and Eagle_traveler like this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG
and while jp-mco point about FS Surfside isn't wrong per se, it really comes down to how you define Miami.
That’s a fair point however I’m from the UK and Miami is the closest airport so to me Surfside and Bal Harbour are Miami. I suppose it would be more accurate to say the Greater Miami area.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 4:19 pm

Programs: all of 'em.
I've done most of them.
All great and fun in different kinds of ways.
I'm a Setai loyalist, tho, and while i've flinged w FS surfside, MO, StR, several others, i always seem to come back to the Setai.
Been meaning to visit Faena just to gawk, not really my style but looks formidable.
Not sure when Aman's opening but that will be hitlist too.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 1:55 pm

Recently stayed at Faena end of May for four nights, Virtuoso rate of $1700 a night, fourth night complementary with great upgrade and breakfast, early and late check in and out. Breakfast was $100.00 dollar credit per day and you could use that up easily. Food was great at all the venue's and beach service was really done well from the Indonesian staff who always do a great job. .Great location on Miami Beach!
cornwall4000 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 4:26 pm
BLV

Another “Setai loyalist” over here, typing from Setai as I speak. Was supposed to check out today after two weeks but just extended by one more week.

I’ve stayed everywhere and while Faena has better location & beach and a very good food game, the grounds & interiors are ghastly. I won’t stay anywhere else (and I’m in Miami sometimes every month) but am curious about the Aman.

Edit: I am repeating myself, but at least I’m consistent 🤪 -

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34931848-post45.html
SanDiego1K and cornwall4000 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:10 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ABG
This would be a significant PLUS for me.
offerendum and NotALawyer like this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by KatW
Definitely agree. I’ll be at FS Surfside in a few days, and much prefer the quieter surroundings. And don’t forget Acqualina in Sunny Isles as an option. We find ourselves going back there repeatedly. Better rates than FS Surfside too.
KatW and offerendum like this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 9:25 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by KatW
I'm not debating the virtues of the location. I'm pointing out that I frown on the way Acqualina says it is "a luxury beach resort in Miami Beach".
St Regis and Four Seasons Surfside are just as guilty
offerendum and cornwall4000 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 4:18 am

The W hotel South Beach was wonderful before the renovation. Cool crowd and all-out good vibes. The dinner at Mr Chow was excellent
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 6:29 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Just returned from a long weekend at the Setai. Overall very positive, some notes below. TLDR would definitely return over other SoBe properties.

Highlights:
  • No resort/destination/amenity/sneaky fees!
  • Very personalized service - staff from front desk, bellboy, to waitress all remember our names. Everyone is very pleasant whenever passing by. Service is prompt for all requests.
  • Breakfast spread is good by US standards. However the a la carte menu is basically the same as the buffet.
  • Personally a big fan of the SE Asian-inspired design; a much needed change from the yawn that is the typical Miami design of mostly white/blue.
  • Compared to other SoBe properties, Setai has relatively fewer influencers. No rich Chinese college kids. Many families with well behaved kids and older folks.
  • Sunday jazz brunch is wonderful, although I would recommend halving the number of tables and doubling the price.
  • House car can be reserved in advance and will take guests about 20 blocks north or south of the property.
  • Walkable to restaurants and shops, which is a benefit over surfside/bal harbour.

Lowlights:
  • If you stay in the Art Deco section of the hotel, you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the gym and pool. This can be weird when people in nice suits/dresses are having dinner while you are walking around dripping water.
  • I find the DJ during Saturday brunch and evening dinners to be very Vegas-y / very tacky. The DJ plays loud clubby music in a relatively nice formal dining area.
  • Erg at the gym was rusty.
  • Mandatory 20% service charge (most SoBe places have this) but never regretted paying the 20%.
offerendum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.