Wiki Posts
Search

SLH Members - Share your experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
SLH Members - Share your experience

I am travelling to Europe in 2017 and was looking for some insights to those who already stayed at any Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) in Europe.

Whenever I travel to Europe, I always book 1-2 SLH member hotel because I feel the warm hospitality of small boutique hotels and of course being a loved/honoured member they give you good benefits like, late check out, room upgrade, free wifi, free brekkie or sometimes even gift or welcome wine.

Also I am interested to know any experience from SLH member who already used their complimentary stay voucher...

Cities that I might be travelling would be Paris, Athens, Vienna, Istanbul, Prague and Milan. So I would appreciate some comments.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:03 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
I am also a fan of SLH.

I am (a new) honoured member and stayed in a few nice properties in Germany and Switzerland. My free night this year was in Lausanne during the Montreux Jazz Festival. I got a really nice room, the receptionists were super nice to me and that motivated me even more to try to stay an honoured member.

From your list, I have only stayed in one city in an SLH property: Istanbul
That was the Vault Karakoy. And it was just perfect. The city itself has it's ups and downs, but every time we came back to the hotel, we felt at home, a nice scent in the air that we won't forget, and a really commited hotel manager, who made us feel special. Not to mention the rooftop terrace
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Thanks lightwalker.

I have stayed at the following hotels - i put rating too
1. Pavilion des letras (Paris) 5 out of 5
2. Jardin de la Villa (Paris) 4 out of 5
3. Gran Derby (Barcelona) 3 out of 5
4. Vault Karakoy (Istanbul) 5 out of 5

All of them are satisfactory, some are exceptional. I love boutique hotels esp those that are not part of a big chains of hotels that sometimes loses the personal touch. I am fan of small somethings like wine, macarons, welcome gift. late checkout, early checkin, free wifi. complimentary upgrade. concept type of hotel that is tasteful. thats why i love slh.

This year I think I will stay at the following hotels
-Das Tyrol in Prague.
-Petit Palais de Charme in Milan.
-Hotel Square in Paris
not sure about Athens and Vienna as there isn't much choices.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:09 am

We had a recent very enjoyable stay at the Altstadt hotel in Vienna which is part of the SLH group. It is well located - not more than a 10 minute walk from the centre of town with great local restaurants. Like many SLH hotels, it is slightly quirky - housed in an old residential building with funny shaped rooms but the staff and service was great, the breakfasts fantastic and they also offer complimentary tea / coffee / snacks in the afternoon. It was pretty good value as well.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
I'm currently a Loved member in SLH. When I reach Honoured level, will I automatically gain a free reward night? Or do I have to complete an additional 5 stays as Honoured?

Asked CS, but guess they didn't understand my question and just replied "you get one after 5 stays"..
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Joines SLH-Club via Amex 1 month ago as a Loved member. Now my accout Shows I´m a Special Member. Hope they fix it as my agent-booked rate doesn´t include breakfast.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:48 am

Cromlix in Scotland upgraded us to their top suite and gave us all sorts of goodies.

Rodos Park on the island of Rhodes gave us absolutely nothing. Oh, one hour late check-out when the hotel was less than half full. Terrible place.

I find Relais & Chateaux just as inconsistent. Last month in Barbados at Cobblers Cove they gave us absolutely nothing despite my booking through the R&C website and sending the management several emails. "5C members?, oh yeah," shrugged the reception manager. No senior manager was available, ever. I wrote to R&C to complain and they never replied. At least SLH replied to my complaint and apologised for the Rodos Park mess. I think my 'status' was upgraded as compensation.

I never trust these schemes.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Unsub
I'm currently a Loved member in SLH. When I reach Honoured level, will I automatically gain a free reward night? Or do I have to complete an additional 5 stays as Honoured?

Asked CS, but guess they didn't understand my question and just replied "you get one after 5 stays"..
They mean every 5 stays after you have become Loved you get a free night certificate. So you should get one when becoming Honoured and then again after another 5 stays and so on. I asked them the same question, when I became Honoured and also 5 stays later and got twice the same unclear answer as you got. Reason I asked was that I thought I had not gotten any free night. Finally I called them. They told me they sent e-mails with reward certificates, one after I became Honoured, and one after another 5 stays. I never got any e-mail, so they sent it to me individually again.

I have not stayed last year at their hotels and have fallen down to Special (which should not be before April 2017 as my account showed end last year, but maybe an IT problem, as also my password was not recognized anymore) but going to start again this year, planning 20-25 stays, as I was always very satisfied with their hotels, the benefits and service.

Last edited by submonte; Jan 8, 2017 at 12:52 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Joines SLH-Club via Amex 1 month ago as a Loved member. Now my accout Shows I´m a Special Member. Hope they fix it as my agent-booked rate doesn´t include breakfast.
I am also Special now but should be Loved until April 2017 due to the last information in my account in 2016. Must be an IT problem. Going to contact them.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by submonte
Going to contact them.
Wrote an email but no answer yet
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:20 am

Same. Let you know when and what they answer.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:16 am

SLH hotels are a mixed bunch I find, LOVED Pavilion de la Reine in Paris we were upgraded to a beautiful suite with SLH and the location is fantastic and I would highly recommend it.

I've got two free nights with them, tempted to use it at either Viceroy Bali or Pangulasian Island in the Philippines.

Last edited by kmills84; Jan 10, 2017 at 7:59 pm
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:58 pm

No answer yet on my mail but booked my first stay (business, alone) at an slh hotel this year for tomorrow (still "Special" member, SLH Sale). I will report here about my stay.

Heidelberg Suites Boutique Hotel
https://booking.slh.com/en-GB/Room/A...8-fb05fe6230a8

Name:  Heidelberg_Suites_56_P.jpg
Views: 1632
Size:  132.9 KB

Your member benefits: Book now and receive a free room upgrade at this hotel (subject to availability).

Confirmed room:
Deluxe Suite
The SLH Sale - 30 per cent off

Room details
Located in the historical villa and in the new garden villa, they have the Old Town and castle view, a bedroom with king size bed and a living room with a fully furnished pantry kitchen in 35 40 sqm of space. They are equipped with desk or dining table, sofa or big, cosy armchairs. State-of-the-art communication electronics + home entertainment systems, like WLAN, iPod MP3 docking

Rate details
Rate includes breakfast, newspaper, WiFi, access to spa, gym outdoor jacuzzi , mini bar (no alcohol). Taxes and service charge included. Rate is fully prepaid at booking time, non refundable, non-changeable in the event of cancellation.

Deposit Policy
A non-refundable deposit of 109.20 EUR is charged at the time of booking.

Cancellation policy
Cancellations are not possible without incurring a charge. Penalty Charge for cancellation is 100 percent of stay

Children policy
Children up to 2 years stay free in parents room when using existing bed(s) in room. Children aged 17 years and older are fully charged.

Pets policy
Pets are allowed. Daily charge for pets is 35.00 EUR per pet.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:35 am

Got an answer from Morgan Keery, Club Manager. A system error occured and they are working to fix it. He was so nice to call the hotel to make sure I will be treated as Loved member.

Suggest you mail to him ([email protected]) and inform him about your coming stay so he can call the hotel.

As we all have to deal (as far as I am concerned at least) in our companies from time to time with software problems I have no problem with that. The personal service counts! Thank you Morgan, very much appreciated! Will continue with next bookings soon.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:49 am

The Nimb in Copenhagen is superb and an SLH member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.