Wiki Posts
Search

The Siam Hotel, Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:00 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’d disagree, for what it’s worth. Sure, the ambiance is impressive, but both the drinks and service are the best in Thailand, possibly Asia.

That said, the mini chain of bars around Soi Nana (the one in Chinatown) is incredible too, as is Vesper.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Agree with EuropeanPete , BKK Social Club is spectacularly good. Visited again last time I stayed at Capella and was warmly welcomed back by multiple members of staff - the last time I visited was over six months ago and I've never even stayed at the FS, so absolutely no way this was prompted. Cocktails are also mostly incredible, speak to the bartenders and they are understandably proud of the menu items they have created.
I really enjoyed it too. Beautifully done cocktails
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:57 am

looking to stay at the SIAM in july.

How would you book the rooms for a family of 4 with 2 young teenagers? villa for the wife and I and a regular suite for the kids? My wife might not like the idea of our kids being in another part of the building.

2 villas would be way too much, especially for the kids. lol
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:14 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RaysMD

How would you book the rooms for a family of 4 with 2 young teenagers? villa for the wife and I and a regular suite for the kids? My wife might not like the idea of our kids being in another part of the building.

I just returned from a fantastic stay a couple weeks ago. This time in a Villa (last time in a suite) - and I'm a bit conflicted about the villa. The space was nice and large, but I found the outdoor space barely usable (it was HOT). The pool is a plunge pool so I just used the main pool (there are so few rooms it was always just me there) and there was zero chance I was going to sit outside and read or lay about. I also felt a bit conflicted about the location in the resort - it was nice being close to Chon Thai and the pier, but I think a room in the main building would be a bit more convenient for me.

Next time, I think I'd just do the main building again. Nick (GM) is on the forum and I'm sure he and his team can advise on the best room layout for your family.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club

Note that your teenagers will qualify as adults and not kids. So you’re actually looking for two rooms across four adults.m You’ll have to do suites next to each other or close proximity. I don’t think there are connecting suites. Reach out to reservations or alternatively check with your travel advisor (if you have one), they can handle this and also add Virtuoso benefits at this property
Old Yesterday, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by United747
I just returned from a fantastic stay a couple weeks ago. This time in a Villa (last time in a suite) - and I'm a bit conflicted about the villa. The space was nice and large, but I found the outdoor space barely usable (it was HOT). The pool is a plunge pool so I just used the main pool (there are so few rooms it was always just me there) and there was zero chance I was going to sit outside and read or lay about. I also felt a bit conflicted about the location in the resort - it was nice being close to Chon Thai and the pier, but I think a room in the main building would be a bit more convenient for me.

Next time, I think I'd just do the main building again. Nick (GM) is on the forum and I'm sure he and his team can advise on the best room layout for your family.
Major heatwave right now in BKK… I am that camp finding the villa plunge pools almost too cold during winter season so they must be wonderfully refreshing during this season.

Agree other outdoor areas too hot right now to fully enjoy.
United747 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
Major heatwave right now in BKK… I am that camp finding the villa plunge pools almost too cold during winter season so they must be wonderfully refreshing during this season.

Agree other outdoor areas too hot right now to fully enjoy.
I generally like it pretty hot but slightly worried just how brutal it's going to be when I arrive in BKK next week!
United747 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 11:02 pm
Company Representative, The Siam Bangkok

Thanks for everyone's input and recommendations.

RaysMD....I will message you directly and happy to provide further information to consider.
Thanks for reaching out!
livefromtuscany and United747 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.