Search

The Siam Hotel, Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:06 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BKKJMF
Hello,

My name is Jason Friedman, I am the GM of The Siam Hotel. Today, a friend referred me to the Flyertalk, honestly its a forum I have seen a couple of times but have never been a part of. I have spent the better part of the last hour reading and rereading this thread and am humbled by the passion for which people have for travel, The Siam and for me as a GM. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings, there is great content here that I have taken to heart.

You might be asking yourself why I finally have registered and joined the discussion. I joined because of the way RodHK feels about me, feeling such strong dislike for me that he will not return to The Siam until I am gone. I do not know what I could of done to make RodHK feel so strongly towards me. The way RodHK describes me is not who I am, not even on my worst days, its just not my character. Unfortunately, whatever I did do has made RodHK feel I am just not up to the task and this I must accept and handle. I plan to be here at The Siam for a long long time, so I might suggest that RodHk gives me and The Siam another chance to see who I really am and and what The Siam is capable of.

I am truly humbled by all of the kind words of support from all of you, thank you.

-Jason
Now this would be an interesting twist to this whole thread, but I doubt the legitimacy of this new account. Also, for an English native speaker (as Jason is) the spelling/grammar errors would be more than usual...
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Now this would be an interesting twist to this whole thread, but I doubt the legitimacy of this new account. Also, for an English native speaker (as Jason is) the spelling/grammar errors would be more than usual...
Totally agree. No decent GM would show up on FT personally, and then in response to such a Very Im. Poster.

Last edited by LuxuryRogue; Jun 5, 2015 at 11:28 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by BKKJMF
Hello,

My name is Jason Friedman, I am the GM of The Siam Hotel. Today, a friend referred me to the Flyertalk, honestly its a forum I have seen a couple of times but have never been a part of. I have spent the better part of the last hour reading and rereading this thread and am humbled by the passion for which people have for travel, The Siam and for me as a GM. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings, there is great content here that I have taken to heart.

You might be asking yourself why I finally have registered and joined the discussion. I joined because of the way RodHK feels about me, feeling such strong dislike for me that he will not return to The Siam until I am gone. I do not know what I could of done to make RodHK feel so strongly towards me. The way RodHK describes me is not who I am, not even on my worst days, its just not my character. Unfortunately, whatever I did do has made RodHK feel I am just not up to the task and this I must accept and handle. I plan to be here at The Siam for a long long time, so I might suggest that RodHk gives me and The Siam another chance to see who I really am and and what The Siam is capable of.

I am truly humbled by all of the kind words of support from all of you, thank you.

-Jason
Dear Jason,

Glad to see you responding on the forum. I hope my post didn't hurt you because it's not about personality I haven't had a good impression but about the management way. When I came there was a large number of negative points unacceptable at this level and was truly mad of choosing to stay at The Siam because it was under the expectations: poor service, no jam at breakfast, very long service at dinner, very light portion of food, so so cleanliness, bad smell in the bathroom... However, I've had a good feeling that this property would become one of the most special in BKK.
After reporting everything to you, you haven't been very pro-active saying all these things can happen during soft opening which I'm agree on a way but it wasn't very cheap actually and we can now find a similar rate. I've had the impression you hadn't take very seriously my remarks and had the impression since I wasn't a VIP, you didn't really care.
I've tried to give you another chance and I was ready to book but you hadn't replied to my message.
I'm sorry again if this feedback hurts you but I just wanted to give my feeling to other travelers.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So if it's not Jason, who is it? Very simple way to solve this "mystery"...
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:00 am

I am pretty sure this is Jason.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I'm pretty sure too...
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I concur that it's Mr. Friedman.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
communication / procedure issue - kind of bizarre if boat was scheduled/reserved to pick up

but they do private events on their (only) boat? what? thats problematic. especially if they allow nonguests to do it. although i guess it depends on details such as how long and when. Aventine, you were not hotel guests right? so also dont know how they handled hotel guests transportation.
"Scheduled" to drop us back to the MO BKK after spaing. We were spa day guests at Opium spa.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jun 5, 2015 at 10:38 am Reason: consecutive posts by same person
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:37 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just deleted a number of posts and responses thereto because they were getting out of hand.

Let's get back to NEW evaluations about the hotel, I think we've heard enough about this one incident.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Checked in to The Siam and Connies Cottage yesterday, and all I can say now is Wow! What a stunning hotel, and Connies might be the most different and coolest suite we have ever stayed in.

A more thorough post with pictures will follow when I'm back home with my Mac.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SASDC8
Checked in to The Siam and Connies Cottage yesterday, and all I can say now is Wow! What a stunning hotel, and Connies might be the most different and coolest suite we have ever stayed in.

Definitely try to have a spa treatment!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SASDC8

Now we're talking!!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:37 pm

Heading to the Siam in 1 week. Can anyone recommend and spa treatments they really liked?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:19 pm

It depends on your mood, your goals and your body. There is no universal, quick fix for any problem at this spa (which is good!!). I would suggest you go visit the spa when you arrive, they will be more than happy and talk you through the treatments and evaluate what might work best for you. I recommend the multi day spa programs, if you can, which are excellent value and can be customized to your liking. Sodashi's Thermal Infusing facial is the best facial I have ever had and this spa performed it to sheer excellence. Also, Chakra Balancing is special but you have to come with an open mind, that's not for everyone. Tell them how much time you have and how you would like to feel!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JEStarr
Heading to the Siam in 1 week. Can anyone recommend and spa treatments they really liked?
You're in Thailand so definitely the Thai massage. They also do excellent Swedish and Aromatherapy. Sodashi facials are wonderful too.

My partner's blog has some detailed reviews from her trips to Opium spa. Hope it helps.

Opium spa reviews - The Siam

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 13, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
You're in Thailand so definitely the Thai massage. They also do excellent Swedish and Aromatherapy. Sodashi facials are wonderful too.

My partner's blog has some detailed reviews from her trips to Opium spa. Hope it helps.

Opium spa reviews - The Siam
Respectively disagree re: the Thai massage remark...

I think you could get the best Thai massage in the world and still not enjoy it (which was my case at multiple locations known for 'the best' Thai massages countrywide).

To me, a Thai massage is like passive yoga. And if I'm going to be doing yoga, I want to be active, not passive.

No matter how strong/weak the masseuse is, I always find myself yawning during a Thai massage.

Give me a deep tissue (or some local speciality treatment, as I had in both Siam and Esencia recently) over Thai any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.