Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

complicated wilshire ownership is probably factor >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26911730
perhaps ownership has been consolidating, perhaps some are selling but havent yet

re FS contracts >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26600688

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
seems viceroy bought l'ermitage, began managing in 2010. changed name in 2016 after renovation.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 17, 2017 at 11:29 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Any recent feedback about L'Ermitage?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Any recent feedback about L'Ermitage?
Yes, please see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...spections.html

They did a very good job with the renovation!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by DavidO
Yes, please see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...spections.html

They did a very good job with the renovation!
Very helpful indeed, thanks a lot DavidO. I just have to decide between the Waldorf and the Ermitage now.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:21 pm

Very helpful indeed, thanks a lot DavidO. I just have to decide between the Waldorf and the Ermitage now.
My vote for WA, the renovation of L'Ermitage was wonderful indeed (and I have stayed there post renovation), but WA is an entirely different league of development.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I'll be trying WA in April - hope that there is at least one report before then!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by scented
My vote for WA, the renovation of L'Ermitage was wonderful indeed (and I have stayed there post renovation), but WA is an entirely different league of development.
Thanks for your comment, scented. It helped in my decision-making process and I've now booked the WA.

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I'll be trying WA in April - hope that there is at least one report before then!
I'll stay at the WA in late August callmedtop, which means that another TR is just around the corner...
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:55 am

Thanks for your comment, scented. It helped in my decision-making process and I've now booked the WA.

I'll stay at the WA in late August callmedtop, which means that another TR is just around the corner...
This is not a trip report (I leave those in JohnRain's capable hands), so much as my impressions of my recent stay. My wife and I stayed at the WA over July 4th weekend. The rooms and common areas are absolutely beautiful and because of this, I would definitely stay there again. The room, a King room with view, and the bathroom were spacious, the balcony and view over Beverly Hills, etc., was stunning. All of the hard product was of the highest quality and the staff members were exceptionally nice.

A few minor issues service-wise, though. For example, turn down in my room occurred one night at 10:00 p.m. Initial cleaning on one day was not until approximately 6:00 pm., with no turn down that evening. Turn down on other nights was only performed for 1 person, as if I was there solo. It also seemed that housekeeping was only provided when the "service requested" light was on.

The pool area is beautiful but smaller than I had imagined. There were not enough chairs and we were made to wait for a pair of chairs even after asking if we could take two that had clearly been abandoned. At check-in, we were told that as guests, we would have priority at the Rooftop bar, which is clearly a hot spot in town given the people-watching we were doing from the lobby when people were coming in. When attempting to make a reservation there, however, the concierge told us the complete opposite and said there was probably nothing he could do. He then told us he would reserve dinner elsewhere for the following night. It turned out that the suggested restaurant was closed that evening, which we would not have figured out if we didn't check in with the concierge the next day. There was no proactive call to us.

He was eventually able to get us a spot at the Rooftop, which we appreciated. Like everything else at the hotel, the space is absolutely beautiful. Once there, we were seated at the lone table without a heat lamp. When my wife inquired about having a heat lamp brought over, a gentleman in a suit, not a waiter, informed us that he would either: (i) bring one; or (ii) bring a blanket. He never returned with either, and we did see the lone unused heat lamp go to another table.

Etc., etc. No huge issues, but they began to add up. Hopefully with more training or time open, these will cure themselves and by JR's stay in August, the hotel will be running better. I did receive an email from the GM offering to arrange our next stay, which I appreciated, though I think my wife would rather the BHH next time.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:48 pm

Thank you for the review! Between the pictures and your comments, the hard product certainly sounds stunning and likely the best in LA. The service comments leave much to be desired, but considering the age of the hotel I am not surprised. I'd love to see where it is 6 months from now. Realistically I have lower expectations for W-A properties (especially those in the US), so if it can at least meet those + the excellent hard product, I'd be satisfied. Anything more would be icing.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nobu also brand new, hard to believe its 6 years since bel air reopened

certain properties may have renovated certain suites more recently
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone seen veranda suite at FS wilshire? not sure what it runs now, whether deals/free nights apply

secluded on its own private floor on the highest level of the Wilshire Wing at Beverly Wilshire, Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel). Entered at the top of a marble and wrought-iron stairway...Shuttered doors open to the recently renovated 2,140-sq-ft. (199-m2) terrace, furnished for outdoor living and dining, and featuring 270-degree views of Rodeo Drive and the Hollywood Hills.
fourseasons.com/beverlywilshire/accommodations/specialty_suites/veranda_suite/

current floorplan
fourseasons.com/content/dam/fourseasons/artwork/BEV/guest_floorplans/BEV_FP_07_VERANDASTE_2.gif

old photo
fourseasons.com/image_library/BEV/custom_sizes/BEV_209_400x320.jpg
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:30 am

Anyone care to shout their opinions at me regarding where to stay? We've decided to come back "the other" way after going to The Brando in April and fly into LA. It seems FS is a big no, no, so looks like it's between Peninsula and Dorchester. WA looks nice, but I struggle to get excited about it - my sheer bias against the brand expects to hear service complaints for the rest of time. I would prefer something more modern in design, but as long as it's mostly pleasing on the eye and not giving the appearance of a baboons backside, I'm sure we'll cope.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:53 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Anyone care to shout their opinions at me regarding where to stay? We've decided to come back "the other" way after going to The Brando in April and fly into LA. It seems FS is a big no, no, so looks like it's between Peninsula and Dorchester. WA looks nice, but I struggle to get excited about it - my sheer bias against the brand expects to hear service complaints for the rest of time. I would prefer something more modern in design, but as long as it's mostly pleasing on the eye and not giving the appearance of a baboons backside, I'm sure we'll cope.
For us, it’s always the Peninsula...but modern in design it isn’t. But it is a feminine design that I think you’ll enjoy. We’ve never had anything but a wonderful stay there.

You also could consider the Montage, but that’s a little too see-and-be-seen for our tastes. You also could try the Ritz Carlton in downtown...but I suspect you’d be much happier in Beverly Hills.

The Villa de Lubricante is only an hour south from there, too.

All of that was a whisper, btw.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Member

My favorite is The Beverly Hills Hotel followed by the Peninsula. If modern decor appeals, then you'll want to look into the Bel-Air (Dorchester).
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
We'll be at the W-A in early April. I typically agree with you about W-A properties, but after our phenomenal stay at the W-A Amsterdam, we're willing to give it a shot.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.