the luxury hotels of Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
No Beverly Hilton on this list?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:45 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by tpson
I only inspected hotels that were members of Virtuoso...
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:19 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by tpson
I don't think the Beverly Hilton is thought to be a luxury hotel here or elsewhere. Doesn't mean it isn't ok (don't know about it personally) - it's just not thought to be a luxury property. Robyn
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by robyng
I don't think the Beverly Hilton is thought to be a luxury hotel here or elsewhere. Doesn't mean it isn't ok (don't know about it personally) - it's just not thought to be a luxury property. Robyn
+1
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by robyng
Basic rooms do not fit the standart but this property has some really great suites. And the historical cachet may help reviewers go for the "luxury category", though i'd agree with you. It is a standart 5 star US hotel or 4 star European hotel
Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by vincentb89
Basic rooms do not fit the standart but this property has some really great suites. And the historical cachet may help reviewers go for the "luxury category", though i'd agree with you. It is a standart 5 star US hotel or 4 star European hotel
I am not sure what you mean by "five star US hotel," but the property is clearly not at the same level as the FS, Dorchester, and Peninsula properties in Beverly Hills/Bel Air.

The Beverly Hilton is probably one of the nicest properties in the chain, but I think most people would call it a four star hotel.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I am not sure what you mean by "five star US hotel," but the property is clearly not at the same level as the FS, Dorchester, and Peninsula properties in Beverly Hills/Bel Air.

The Beverly Hilton is probably one of the nicest properties in the chain, but I think most people would call it a four star hotel.
Sorry my post was not clear. In France, until a few months ago, the star ratings were, roughly, 1 to 4 star + the term palace (not an official qualification until the tourism association thing). So the maximum was 4 star and there were only a few "grandes dames". Whereas in the US a lot of hotels were branded "five stars" in the ratings despite being nothing more than regular four star hotels for Europeans . Now it has changed in France and some other european countries and the label 5 stars was created.
I just meant to say that to most europeans (at least french, where I'm sure this kind of standart was applied), the Beverly Hilton would be classified as a 4 star hotel (same as Sofitel and co) but given the broad nature of the 5 star qualification in the US ratings, it's classified as such (a 5star) .
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:48 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Last week I had the chance to stay at the Bel-Air and was also given a Bel Air Suite with Patio.

I found the hotel to be stunning and it shows that a lot of money was spent to upgrade this property.

DavidO has captured the hotel well. A few additional notes I would add are:

-Privacy in the Bel Air suites with patio may be of concern; the one I was in was a part of a "row" of these suites. I could hear through the connecting door in the living room the numerous arguments the couple beside me were having throughout the day. I could also see into their patio which means they could do the same.

-there is complimentary standard internet but I found it so slow you really have no choice to upgrade to the Premium internet, even to check e-mails and basic websites (nothing fancy, no games, etc)

-there is a $5 room service fee for room service orders. The $5 is also subject to the 20% gratuity which annoys me as I just can't understand why I need to pay gratuity on a service charge. Why not make the delivery fee $6 from the beginning? It isn't the dollar, it is more the principle behind it. My breakfast order was 15 minutes late to boot.

Otherwise, this is a gorgeous property and is perfect place for a relaxing getaway. Just be sure to book a room with outdoor space -- it is what makes this property so special.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by luxury
I could hear through the connecting door in the living room the numerous arguments the couple beside me were having throughout the day.
So they enjoyed their stay I hate it, if you can hear everything from the neighboor room. Once I first heared a couple (no argument) and when it was over I was able to "enjoy" their cigarette after
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
We will try Beverly Hills hotel beginning of September. We booked a Premier King bedroom with Patio through FHR program. So far the Concierge answered quickly and very precisely to all our requests. I will post a short review when we are back.
We just arrived tonight and although I really wanted to love that place I just find the BHH old, dated and stuffy. It is the second time only in my life that I just don't feel well in a hotel (first time was Hotel de Russie in Rome). The lily scent is way too strong in the room. We had dinner at the Polo lounge and it is really nothing special. From what we experienced (so far), service seems to be excellent, but we just don't fit here. We decided to leave early morning tomorrow. I don't know if we're making the right choice but we will move to the Bel Air in a Canyon suite. It is more contemporary and hopefully we will have a better stay.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:55 pm

We definitely made the right choice. Hotel Bel Air is a gem. Our suite is sleek and modern, with a nice terrace granting full privacy. Swimming pool, gym, everything is nice and staff is just adorable.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

We definitely made the right choice. Hotel Bel Air is a gem. Our suite is sleek and modern, with a nice terrace granting full privacy. Swimming pool, gym, everything is nice and staff is just adorable.
The best thing about the BHH is The Fountain coffee shop, just downstairs from Polo Lounge. Fortunately one doesnt have to stay at the hotel to eat at Th Fountain and they do validate parking.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
The best thing about the BHH is The Fountain coffee shop, just downstairs from Polo Lounge. Fortunately one doesnt have to stay at the hotel to eat at Th Fountain and they do validate parking.
What is so special at the Fountain coffee shop? I thought it was much bigger, and we preferred to have breakfast in our patio.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

What is so special at the Fountain coffee shop? I thought it was much bigger, and we preferred to have breakfast in our patio.
Great orange juice, waffles, omelets and other simple fare, done very well with top ingredients. Love the ambiance. Very easy if driving by the BHH to pull into that driveway and go down to The Fountain for breakfast or lunch. Great for solo dining.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:51 am

Ok, thank you.
We just come back from dinner at Wolfgang Puck and we found it was more inventive and inspired than Polo lounge. So far service is perfect. Only bad point is spiders on the terrace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.