the luxury hotels of Beverly Hills

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Michaeljinnyc
As silly as this question may sound, how safe is BH for visiting from overseas nowadays? Are there any slight no-go zones

I've had friends leave LA recently due to crime. And seeing high end boutiques in BH looted is unsettling.
Beverly Hills still fine, ample private security and BHPD is amongst the best in the world. Sadly this problem is all over the US & elsewhere too these days.
Michaeljinnyc likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by scented
Beverly Hills still fine, ample private security and BHPD is amongst the best in the world. Sadly this problem is all over the US & elsewhere too these days.
Hopefully things will get better
scented likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by Michaeljinnyc
As silly as this question may sound, how safe is BH for visiting from overseas nowadays? Are there any slight no-go zones

I've had friends leave LA recently due to crime. And seeing high end boutiques in BH looted is unsettling.
BH is fine. The occasional robberies and targeted home burglaries, but that's consistent with anywhere in the world within/near major metro area. PD is very on top of stuff here, plus during some of those BLM protests a while back, BH brought in private security contractors to supplement. While the private security contractors have been gradually scaled back, still on patrol, which I love. Also, BHPD has an insane number of security camera's throughout the City plus near-constant drone observations. The BHPD control center or whatever they call it monitoring all the live feeds is damn impressive.

I couldnt imagine living outside of BH City limits anymore, so thankful for not just the police but all the city services here. LA is a straight up disaster for the most part (except small pockets that frequently have their own HOA's, or up in the hills, etc).

Had lunch at the Peninsula rooftop garden on Friday, delicious branzino!
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:23 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Any recent experience with Maybourne?
Looking to stay for two nights in late August and the rate 800$/night with taxes is at my limit. Anything else at this price point that I should consider? Interested especially in the pool & bar as this is a short layover between two longer flights.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: all of 'em.
Originally Posted by Akkku
Any recent experience with Maybourne?
Looking to stay for two nights in late August and the rate 800$/night with taxes is at my limit. Anything else at this price point that I should consider? Interested especially in the pool & bar as this is a short layover between two longer flights.
I've been booked into the Maybourne twice in the last year. First time in a balcony room, second in a jr suite.
It's not my favorite in the area, but a fine hotel, no doubt. Quite posh and continental (old world) in tenor, but has some bit of SoCal vibe in the design and furnishings.
The pool is indeed quite nice, and large for a roof pool in L.A.

800/n rack for a base-level room sounds like a bargain for Maybourne though. Sadly, that's a really tough rate for anything truly top-end in BH these days. L.A. in general has gone bananas.
Akkku likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.