Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Beverly Hills

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
@MacMyDay loves a great spa. My husband and other friends seem to think the best spas in LA are (in no particular order) the Bel-Air, the Peninsula, and the Montage. So that might be worth thinking about, too.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:54 pm

The Bel Air is s very special property. Gorgeous grounds, beautiful suites with a strong sense of place. I am not so enthusiastic about the public areas; nonetheless, the Bel Air is the quintessential SoCal hotel.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:00 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

I agree with others that the Bel Air is a good choice
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:37 pm

Thank you, all. Especially you, Bill. The way you know me is perfect. If you're ever looking for a change of career, a butler for the criminally insane may be perfect.
callmedtop and bhrubin like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:57 am

Don't even consider Four Seasons in LA... frightful, both of them. I think you would be very comfortable at Hotel Bel Air. I wouldn't for settle anything less than Dorchester there... best hospitality in SoCal.

I suspect you won't be exactly wow'ed by the Spa at Hotel Bel Air, knowing you love great facilities. Actually it's tough to find anything world class in LA when it comes to wellness.

Having said that, Hotel Bel Air is one of my favorite hotels worldwide.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by scented
Don't even consider Four Seasons in LA... frightful, both of them.
I've spent numerous nights at the BHH, Bel Air and FS (BH), and whilst I agree that the latter is a notch below the others, I think you are being unfair. The rooms and service are decent, food is good and the pool is nice. The rooms have also recently been given a facelift. Location is excellent, and there are some amazing views (sunset or sunrise) from the rooms on the higher floors. Perfect it may not be, but neither is it frightful. The FS on Wilshere is another story....!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:30 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

What about Bacara? Why not go for ocean views rather than somewhere in a concrete jungle?

Nvmd. This is about Beverly Hills and Bacara seems to now be an RC, which doesn't seem like a good sign.

Last edited by DSI; Nov 21, 2017 at 8:32 am Reason: confused
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:37 am
Original Member

The setting of the Bel-Air can't be beat. We loved it pre renovation but avoid it now, decor not to our taste and furniture not designed for the over-40 demographic.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by KatW
The setting of the Bel-Air can't be beat. We loved it pre renovation but avoid it now, decor not to our taste and furniture not designed for the over-40 demographic.
This has not been my experience at the Bel-Air - no problem with the furniture at all - our casitas have all been really comfortable.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:30 am

So after skimming this thread it seems I should put my dreams aside of wanting to stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel away. But still looking to stay in this area. Can anyone suggest a nice luxury type hotel for a family who dresses casual (not sure if that info was needed ). We would only be staying for 3-4 days and could use Hilton or Chase points if needed. TIA
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:42 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
So after skimming this thread it seems I should put my dreams aside of wanting to stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel away. But still looking to stay in this area. Can anyone suggest a nice luxury type hotel for a family who dresses casual (not sure if that info was needed ). We would only be staying for 3-4 days and could use Hilton or Chase points if needed. TIA
Don’t let the price points fool you. We live in Newport Beach and get up to LA every now and then, and most SoCal denizens are always dressed casually, even those like us who frequent luxury hotels. I wear shorts. I wear flip flops with shorts and with pants. And I’ve eaten at every one of these hotels and stayed numerous times at the Peninsula. You can be casual anywhere in SoCal. You just have to have confidence that it’s perfectly OK.

That goes for every luxury hotel in LA, OC, Santa Barbara, and SD. There will be people far dressier...but also people who are just as casual and relaxed. Enjoy. That (and our weather) are why we SoCal denizens are so happy.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:27 pm

Thanks for that confirmation ^ But not sure if it still worth it. Maybe we'll just stick to within the area but who knows may go visit for lunch or so...
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:31 am

Any way to get 3for2 or other discount at Bel Air hotel next week or two?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Any way to get 3for2 or other discount at Bel Air hotel next week or two?
Not if the rate isn't showing available for your dates. However, you can still get a confirmed upgrade (up to the Jr. Suite category) and a $100 hotel credit (that can come off your bill) by using a Dorchester Diamond Club TA.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:13 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Tempted by the 3 for 2 plus ability to self park for free at FS LA. Has anyone had a recent stay in the renovated rooms?

Want to stay on the west side and while I prefer Hotel Bel Air, the savings for my dates would be significant enough I’m thinking about it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.