Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I think I'll stay at the MO in a Bay View Club Suite (again), as the Club is nice and the pool area has nice views and spots in the shade.
Make sure to take some Dramamine before going into the lobby. And remember this MO had a rigid dress code, so bring your tux.

PS - That MO gets your business makes me ponder how awful the hotel scene is in Singapore. You choose the option that sucks the least.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
What's wrong with the post-renovation FS?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Make sure to take some Dramamine before going into the lobby. And remember this MO had a rigid dress code, so bring your tux.
I've been there before so I know what to expect
And at the risk of sounding like the Earl of Grantham, I actually like hotels with a dress code...
But I agree with your "option that sucks the least" comment.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:45 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by callmedtop
What's wrong with the post-renovation FS?
I’m curious as well. Besides the location, I quite like it.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:37 pm

Have stayed twice in the last few years at the Ritz found location great food excellent and beautiful large rooms.
Service was tops at both visits with a comfortable atmosphere.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Anyone stayed at Capella Sentosa recently?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, MR Gold, HH Gold, GE
Looking for recommendations from more experienced luxury travelers. While I’ve happily stayed at the Valley Wing at the Shangri-La, I’m looking at other options for my next trip. I’m considering staying in a club room at the Ritz-Carlton. No significant difference in price between a deluxe room in the Valley Wing versus a club deluxe Kallang room at the RC.

Any recommendations, advice, comparisons regarding the properties?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by eakcats
Looking for recommendations from more experienced luxury travelers. While I’ve happily stayed at the Valley Wing at the Shangri-La, I’m looking at other options for my next trip. I’m considering staying in a club room at the Ritz-Carlton. No significant difference in price between a deluxe room in the Valley Wing versus a club deluxe Kallang room at the RC.

Sure if you prefer to be a different part of Singapore than RC Club room is fine .
Shangri La , as you know , is set in rather mature gardens set away from the busyness .
While RC does not have the luxury of grounds but has easy access to malls being somewhat part of one and linked to more , and the waterfront .
Perhaps in the Orchard area , FS will work too . Has a link bridge to Hilton , among various short cuts to Orchard , but only one in air conditioned comfort .
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by United747

I’m curious as well. Besides the location, I quite like it.
It's quite nicely done. Things looks a lot fresher and up to date but still overall kind of dark/gloomy but that's due to the building lack of natural light. Here are some pics.

I stayed there few months ago but don't think I will be going back as I still prefer RC.
callmedtop likes this.

Last edited by BENLEE; Mar 2, 2019 at 2:40 am
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by eakcats

Unless your idea of a vacation is to stay inside the hotel and sip champagne during happy hours, I will suggest not to be bothered to book the club rooms. The F&B at the club lounge is just ordinary and service is..well, typical Singaporean, which is just OK. Save the cost and go outside. So much to explore and try. out.

Last edited by BENLEE; Mar 2, 2019 at 2:41 am
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Deciding between the Fullerton Bay and the new Kempinski (formerly Patina). Criteria is primarily location (to bars/restaurants, primarily), service, and room quality. Room size is less of a must. Extra props for dual vanities, which I know FBH does not have. FBH is slightly more expensive but rates are similar. May travel.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:27 am

The renovation at FS Singapore is a let down. The lighting in the room is completely inadequate in terms of quantity of lights and wattage. Packing at 5;30AM while still pitch dark outside was not fun - couldn't see anything!

Also, whoever came up and approved the wool carpet mat in the bathroom need to be reprimanded. Seriously?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Has anyone tried the tip for an upgrade method at a hotel in Singapore?

Heading to Singapore next month, and I was thinking of giving it a try.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:42 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by chisquared

A few of the hotels in Singapore have upgrade at the time of booking via Virtuoso...Fullerton Bay and Ritz-Carlton Millenia for starters.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by chisquared

I have lived in Singapore for a long time and I would really strongly discourage even trying this at hotels in Singapore, especially luxury hotels. Singapore has spent the past half century working very hard to eliminate corruption from all levels of its society and this has been very successful. This is in stark contrast to its neighbours.

In Singapore, by sliding cash across the check-in counter and asking wink wink if any better rooms / suites are available, you are putting the front desk agent in a very uncomfortable position. In their eyes - and I'm sure in the eyes of Singapore law - you are effectively trying to bribe them to give you something that is of value to their employer.

I believe that if you're going to travel to places, you will do well to make some effort to understand and respect their cultures. Singapore is literally the worst place in the world that I can think of to try this. Tipping is not a part of the culture like it is in the US - in Singapore customer service staff are paid a living wage and a fixed % service charge is included in every bill you pay.

In any case, as others have said, with the hotels discussed in this forum if you book using Virtuoso or FHR or FSPP etc then your upgrades will get taken care of nicely anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.