Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by ysolde
Regent Seven Seas Splendor in January. Crossing my fingers this cruise will actually happen.
These Miami back-to-backs are a pretty good bet, especially for US residents. And most of the islands seem fairly secure at the moment. I've heard that independently organised excursions are off-limits with several cruise lines but this shouldn't be a big deal here. I like Regent's casual style a lot but their new ships lack a proper forward-facing observation deck which is a drawback for me. I like to see where I'm going.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pausanias
These Miami back-to-backs are a pretty good bet, especially for US residents. And most of the islands seem fairly secure at the moment. I've heard that independently organised excursions are off-limits with several cruise lines but this shouldn't be a big deal here. I like Regent's casual style a lot but their new ships lack a proper forward-facing observation deck which is a drawback for me. I like to see where I'm going.
As soon as my husband heard no tux and tie optional, he was in. The laid-back, country club casual style of this line appeals to us both. More than anything (as the person that does most of the travel planning around here), I like the fact that they make it pretty easy. This will be our first cruise with them, so we'll see how it goes.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
One small update for my rest-of-year bookings -

-Park Hotel Vitznau (new)
​​​​​​-Singita Grumeti

Added in PHV for some hiking, relaxation, and to gorge myself on food and wine. I’ve had the Safari booked for two years now and it’s feeling more and more like a “go” now too.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux
Just booked MOHK for next March. Break my heart again, Hong Kong travel restrictions, I'm used to it.
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
May / June

HK here I come late May as there will be no quarantine 🤞🏻 🙏🏻 ATB does not burst this time

TUH
MOHK check out my “ new “ digs since the Club Floor took over my usual suite

October

Hopefully Australian ATB will happen

Then will start working on Tasmania seriously - Pumphouse or not Perhaps for an overnight
Saffire

Late October : Phuket

AMANJunkie FTer DO Puri “ Reprise “
Amanpuri ‼️

Trisara
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
I'd be up for Puri meet up in October
I was planning a bit of Thai for Oct/Nov anyway. Puri + Siam + FS Tented Camp + FS BKK (just for fun, lol).
Looks like Phuket is a distinct possibility now , while Europe and our Scandinavian cruise are still in jeopardy .
Tassie might happen - Saffire & Pumphouse along with some others

Azumi In April is not happening . Autumn ?

Perhaps an AMANJunkie FTer DO 2 ? Reprise Puri in October ?? 😉
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I am booked at Amanpuri for the 19 - 24. Not sure where we are going to be after that since it depends on if other places in SE asia will allow vaccinated tourists in without qurantine.
That ‘ s great 😊 Looking forward !
Posted on Community Buzz , perhaps others can plan on this since Europe still seems “ iffy “ . Know that there are possibly 5 / 6 of us going - to make it a DO

AMANJunkie FTer DO Puri “ Reprise “

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33158263-post1.html
Before the AMANJunkie FTer DO Puri “ Reprise “ , we plan on revisiting Tasmania , staying at some old haunts & some new including the Pumphouse . Have not stayed at Pumphouse before as it was not functioning as a “ lodge “ then . We will likely stay only 2 nights & require 4 rooms . Will ask about room sizes when Australia opens up the bubble , there is a glimmer of hope for October since the Tasman bubble has just begun . Might check with Justin K ( Saffire ) about it , Saffire October occupancy and the Pumphouse , F & B included .

Hopefully , more trips in November though Japan will likely be next spring as advised by locals not to plan on autumn .. no cruise either for this year
Originally Posted by scented
All things considered, pretty frustrating situation but let's keep our spirits up and hope that Phuket Sandbox will be a success... I am still hopeful that Thailand may lower the minimum stay down to 7 nights in Phuket (from currently 14)... although I am being cautioned about this...

Still, FlyerEC, Phuket followed by BKK might be the best bet this year for a trip, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

If everything goes well I'll visit Marrakech later in summer... for the moment I'm still cautious because I can't be stuck there. And then Phuket in fall: Puri? Trisara? Layan Residences?
Still have not stepped onto a plane , ship , train or whatever will bring me to another country ❗️

No ATBs , bubble keeps bursting .
Australia is in poor lockdown as are many others in ASEAN ..

BESVISOR , how was AmanCGV , Lupaia , etc ❓

Still hoping for Kila , Aman Villas at Nusa Dua in August / September , October - Thailand which has opened Phuket , Puri & perhaps others .. MOBKK / The Siam .. ?

As for the other potential trips .. having them moved to ‘ 22 , there is no choice .
Hopefully , Australia , Fiji , NZ open up by May .. like to make it for the DO in MLB 🤞🏻
Looks like the continuous and numerous potential trips amendments will be the pattern in months to come including the AMANJunkie FTer DO Puri “ Reprise “

With the cumbersome Phuket “ sandbox “ requirements , October in Phuket is looking increasingly remote with rest of Thailand currently in lockdown .
Am keeping fingers crossed that the situation improves significantly so the restrictions will be somewhat “ loosened up “ by November .
If Phuket does along with rest of the country , Puri will hopefully not be the the sole place to stay for 2 weeks & splitting stays will be possible at say Trisara or even MOBKK or Chiva Som .
Perhaps November but January or February ‘ 22 is more optimistic - indicated by those living in various parts of Thailand .

Looks like HK is really “ iffy “ too with latest quarantine requirements imposed & duration / days increased instead of being removed ‼️
Hopefully , October will be workable for MOHK & TUH .

Perhaps December CHRISTmas markets in Germany ? MOMUC

Indonesian AMANs are off the list this year with country in lockdown , along with Fiji , Australia and New Zealand .

As of now , cruises confirmed for May and June , hopefully AmanCGV & Zoe along with Lupaia .. FS Florence / Milan ? MOMLN ?

Priority is to test wearing masks inflight ❗️The “ Doability “ for how many hours ⁉️
Need a SH destination to start 🤞🏻 😉 so LH ones will possible .
scented and BESVISOR like this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
So off to Amanruya in a few days. Ended up cancelling the Istanbul portion of the trip and just staying in Bodrum.
November (American Thanksgiving) - Currently booked at Amanpuri for the week FlyerEC maybe by then you will be able to travel? Just staying there for 8 nights and then coming back. Fall back will be either Miami or Mexico City if Phuket is not looking promising.
Xmas / New Years - Decided to focus on Europe instead of SE Asia given likely a lot more options will be open to vaccinated americans. As of now, the plan is Aman Venice followed by Grand Bellevue in Gstaad

will see what happens!
FlyerEC and scented like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 6:53 am

September: Tunis, Marrakech
October: Abu Dhabi
November: possibly FS Dubai and considering Singapore (Vaccinated Travel Lane, which is such fantastic news!) Paging @FlyerEC
December: considering options...
February: Puri
April: Vietnam (FS Nam Hai and N'oi), if they decide to open borders... big if.

But as we all know.... likely to change, given restrictions.
offerendum and FlyerEC like this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:28 pm

I will be in Budapest next week at Aria. Anyone with a spa recommendation for the city? I'm not thinking about the hot springs type spas that are in several places but rather a classical one, see my back's been acting up lately so I will definitely have to find a deep muscle massage.
scented likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
I will be in Budapest next week at Aria. Anyone with a spa recommendation for the city? I'm not thinking about the hot springs type spas that are in several places but rather a classical one, see my back's been acting up lately so I will definitely have to find a deep muscle massage.
FS Budapest (Gresham Palace) has incredible therapists, kind ones too ! Great energy and their deep tissue muscle massage is fantastic. However, I am not really fond of their physical hardware. Constraints of a historic building. I brought my own oil as they only use Omorovicza, which I don't like.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Finally feel like my low rent behind can post here since I’m not typically a luxury guy (budget not desire)

Pullman Maldives for our next trip
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:33 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Next week:

Silo Cape Town
La Residence
Singita Lebombo
Singita Boulders Lodge

Decided to take a longer route to enjoy Qatar Qsuites
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Gold, National Exec
Heading to Airelles Gordes, La Bastide in late September!
SanDiego1K, scented and callmedtop like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Next few months:
Langham Chicago
South Congress Hotel Austin
Amanzoe
Lilly of the Valley St. Tropez
Cheval Blanc Paris
The Jaffa in Tel Aviv
Some hotel in Muscat (haven't decided)
Alila Hinu Bay
Haven't decided for Christmas/NY
scented and DanCooper like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:22 pm
Original Member

Assuming the Travel Deities are with me:
fly SFO-CDG tomorrow afternoon, helped mightily by Bevisor. AF La Premiere.
Six nights at Le Britol in a Prestige Elysee suite
Six nights on the barge Renaissance, Upper Loire and Western Burgundy.

Much hoop jumping with Covid requirements. Still don’t have my passe sanitaire but there is substantive info indicating the U.S. CDC vax card is widely accepted.
SanDiego1K and United747 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Next week:

Silo Cape Town
La Residence
Singita Lebombo
Singita Boulders Lodge

Decided to take a longer route to enjoy Qatar Qsuites
Think we'll just miss each other as am at Lebombo starting Friday for 4 nights. Currently at the Mount Nelson, Capetown (entry level suite).
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by sophialite
Next few months:
Langham Chicago
South Congress Hotel Austin
Amanzoe
Lilly of the Valley St. Tropez
Cheval Blanc Paris
The Jaffa in Tel Aviv
Some hotel in Muscat (haven't decided)
Alila Hinu Bay
Haven't decided for Christmas/NY
Let us know your thoughts on Cheval Blanc!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.