Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
St. Regis Rome, Belmond Caruso, and another Rome property tbd - trying to decide between Hassler and Baglioni Regina...
Old May 26, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Headed to COMO Parrot Cay tomorrow after all of the gushing posts from BESVISOR
Old May 26, 2021, 7:40 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Have a fantastic time!! But to manage expectations, my glowing reviews are specifically regarding the Two Bedroom Beach Houses
Nonetheless, beach, water and main pools will be amazing!
callmedtop likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Have a fantastic time!! But to manage expectations, my glowing reviews are specifically regarding the Two Bedroom Beach Houses
Nonetheless, beach, water and main pools will be amazing!
I knew you were going to say this
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:54 am

June
Belmond Charleston Place - Charleston

July
Mandarin Oriental - Barcelona
Hotel Sant Francesc - Palma, Mallorca
Belmond La Residencia - Deia, Mallorca
Bill and Coo Coast Suites - Mykonos

October
Greenwich Hotel - NYC

November
Amanjena - Marrakech
offerendum and FlyerEC like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux
St. Regis Rome, Belmond Caruso, and another Rome property tbd - trying to decide between Hassler and Baglioni Regina...
I would highly recommend staying somewhere else besides the Baglioni. I think it was my only stay where I emailed my agent after booking and telling them they should remove the hotel from Virtuoso. I am not sure at all how this hotel qualifies, but maybe their other properties in Italy are much nicer? The Westin across the street would be better... and there are other better choices in Rome generally.

Other than the Spa, which smelled terrible consistently and the "jacuzzi" which was at room temperature with a tiny gym, nothing at the hotel was that bad, just incredibly mediocre and truly on par with a random airport sheraton
obscure2k and vuittonsofstyle like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I would highly recommend staying somewhere else besides the Baglioni. I think it was my only stay where I emailed my agent after booking and telling them they should remove the hotel from Virtuoso. I am not sure at all how this hotel qualifies, but maybe their other properties in Italy are much nicer? The Westin across the street would be better... and there are other better choices in Rome generally.

Other than the Spa, which smelled terrible consistently and the "jacuzzi" which was at room temperature with a tiny gym, nothing at the hotel was that bad, just incredibly mediocre and truly on par with a random airport sheraton
I see, thank you for letting me know! I emailed the hotel with some pre-arrival questions and haven't heard back for a week... not a good sign. I may stay there for one night just to see for myself and then move onto somewhere else.
Old May 27, 2021, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I may stay there for one night just to see for myself and then move onto somewhere else.
You seem to be very curious about the Regina
Old May 27, 2021, 9:32 am

Have you looked at JK Place Roma? I had an incredible stay there in every respect.
ABG likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
You seem to be very curious about the Regina
Originally Posted by exlibris
Have you looked at JK Place Roma? I had an incredible stay there in every respect.
The main reason I want to see Regina is because it is at a lower price point compared to the Flyertalk-approved ones (StR, Hassler, JK, etc). Many clients are more comfortable with Regina's pricing.
exlibris likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
The main reason I want to see Regina is because it is at a lower price point compared to the Flyertalk-approved ones (StR, Hassler, JK, etc). Many clients are more comfortable with Regina's pricing.
That is a fair point. I think it is very much a case of you get what you pay for. But I agree that as someone who is going to advise clients it makes sense for you to see so you can offer a real opinion as opposed to just having stayed at JK, Hassler, etc
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Rosewwod Castiglion del Bosco
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Mandarin Oriental Milan

Still thinking about 1 "positioning night" on the way from Germany to Tuscany. Could be Chedi Andermatt or Principe di Savoia Milan
Old Jun 2, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by ngfan
Very cool, the Penthouse pool was featured on the cover of a German travel magazine recently. The mountain views from the property are spectacular. I hope for a June visit as well.

BESVISOR, I am now booked into Forestis at the end of June as things are opening up in Italy.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by callmedtop
We loved it there last year. Only drawback I saw was you were stuck with eating at only the resorts 2 restaurants, but the food was really good just wanted more variety after a few days. Having said that I would highly recommend especially if you have a villa on the beach.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
July: WDW (what am I thinking?) Animal Kingdom Lodge Vacation Villas. I know not Lux, but friends putting us up there and any trip right now is good!

Sept: Rosewood Bermuda. Thought about the Regis but it just opened and have not heard any reports.

God willing if Covid lets us in the countries: Amanpulo Feb 2022 and Singapore Grand Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.