Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:00 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

oh, sorry

Glad you had a great stay and for whatever reason I thought it was upcoming, and I guess I wanted your expectation to be tempered so that you wouldn't be disappointed. But glad that you had an excellent stay and after re-reading what you wrote I see "where I am now."

I guess my hesitation of going back is that I think we've spent 21 or 22 nights there, which, for us, is a lot. I've ordered everything off the menu a zillion times already.

As for the room service, I confess that we only had it once and it was towards the opening. It was a seriously terrible steak, but hopefully just a one off. I'd never question your culinary chops.

Also, with regard to the children. I'm certainly not one to be annoyed with children, nor did I imply that you were, but I know that many people are. So if it's a place where there are children, african americans, gays, guns, or whatever people get angry about these days, I figured it would be best to just throw it out there. I do think the layout seems to work really well for children and it does not have the separation that, say, Punta Mita does.

Honestly the StRegis Suite was nothing special, and really the only reason I wouldn't return is simply because we have limited vacation time (and a limited budget, unfortunately) and so we need to seek out new places as much as possible. But I've been known to be wrong, so we may return!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Originally Posted by LM225
Enjoy. Would love to hear your impressions of MO Tokyo.
I had a very enjoyable stay at MO Tokyo. Wonderful Japanese hospitality from the moment I checked in until check out. It is my preferred Tokyo hotel. Service is outstanding and they take omotenashi to a superb level.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:27 am

Four Seasons, Prague this coming weekend

Next week:
  • Raffles, Singapore
  • Iniala, Phuket
  • Armani Hotel, Dubai, although may try FS instead.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:58 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Four Seasons, Prague this coming weekend

Next week:
  • Raffles, Singapore
  • Iniala, Phuket
  • Armani Hotel, Dubai, although may try FS instead.
Interesting re: PRague. Did you consider the MO? We stayed at the FS and I guess it was fine enough. I'll be interested in your take....

Heading back to Iniala eh? did you consider anywhere else?

FDW
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Interesting re: PRague. Did you consider the MO? We stayed at the FS and I guess it was fine enough. I'll be interested in your take....
Did consider it and it was #1 choice, but their poor spa offering swayed it to FS. Even though I've stayed in 6 MOs, only Marrakech stands out, whereas I've had some excellent stays at FS resorts, so fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Heading back to Iniala eh? did you consider anywhere else?
I considered many, many, many options. Just as I think I'm about to book something, my head is turned by at least 10 other options. The original idea was Cheval Blanc + Velaa, but it was proving difficult to do it in a manageable way without feeling like a rush. The requirement was somewhere warm, and I regretted going to Trisara at Christmas so thought I'd make amends for that. We probably won't go the Maldives until next year now, as I don't want to go during off-peak season and the main focus for Summer will be Wilderness Safaris in Botswana, Singita in SA and may also try the new Bisate Lodge in Rwanda.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:21 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Nice for iniala! What villa? A comparable property to look at may be ani? (I still can't believe that you chose trisara, talk about a much lower end place....)

Regarding bisate check on Rwanda permits. They may be gone for your dates, as they were for the dates I looked at in august four months ago.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:36 pm
Original Member

We are at home in Palo Alto for the next two months (new kitty) but in May we'll be off to Big Sur (Ventana, semi allergic to Post Ranch). In June, a week in Montana at Triple Creek Ranch. In July, a week on Maui (Grand Wailea) with godless children. In November, a week on the Costa Alegre at Las Alamandas. And something in September -- maybe Manoir Hovey in Quebec (foliage!) or London (Lanesborough), English countryside (Gravetye Manor).
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:44 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KatW
We are at home in Palo Alto for the next two months (new kitty) but in May we'll be off to Big Sur (Ventana, semi allergic to Post Ranch). In June, a week in Montana at Triple Creek Ranch. In July, a week on Maui (Grand Wailea) with godless children. In November, a week on the Costa Alegre at Las Alamandas. And something in September -- maybe Manoir Hovey in Quebec (foliage!) or London (Lanesborough), English countryside (Gravetye Manor).
Manoir Hovey has always intrigued me. what room type do you consider there?

FDW
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:02 pm
Original Member

Considering Oriole suite, Treetop suite, Montcalm suite, in order of preference. Expecting foliage season to be busy so must book soon.
http://news.nationalpost.com/life/tr...he-countryside

Last edited by KatW; Feb 27, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:07 pm
Original Member

Oops, neglected to include Brambleberry House in Sonoma with two other couples in August. Heated pool, hot tub, extensive grounds, deep porches on three sides.

http://winecountryhouse.com/house_grounds.html
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by DSI
Nice for iniala! What villa? A comparable property to look at may be ani? (I still can't believe that you chose trisara, talk about a much lower end place....)

Regarding bisate check on Rwanda permits. They may be gone for your dates, as they were for the dates I looked at in august four months ago.
Going back to the Penthouse. I chose the dates as the Penthouse was not available any other date in March and it is by far my favourite of the rooms. Hopefully still get an opportunity to use the cinema room.

Thanks for the heads up on Rwanda as well. I have a feeling I may have left things too late this year to do everything I wanted, but we'll see.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:09 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Shanghai for ILTM Asia - June 4-11. I've extended my stay June 9-11 to explore the city.

I'm staying at Puli Hotel and Spa to start with, but looking at hotels from 9-11. Any suggestions? Pen?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Kahanda Kanda, Amanwella and Amangalla from this weekend.

Paris in April totally undecided after all the recent reviews.

Amanzoe and Katikies for a week in June.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:18 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter

Shangri-La has a Stay 3/Pay 2 offer, including for Eiffel Tower View/Terrace Eiffel Tower View suites.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:22 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter

We are heading to Paris in April as well (April 8)...staying at FS GV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.