Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit for First & Business Class passengers [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tcswede
Apart from that - what a joke with the new Gratien Rose champagne - always on the lists and never on board - 3 rd try since the introduction with the July winelist - and still noweher to be seen - but the purser will always tell that it is well received - makes me wonder by who - or do they splash that out when meeting with the unions as the later seem to have redish shades as their favourite colour....
The rose champagne was served on the fra-iad last friday. so yes it does exist.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Instead of hiding T-Mobile Internet vouchers, it might be time to hide a Rimowa Kit somewhere. Maybe the mouse at the JFK SEN lounge can watch it
I heard the mouse emigrated to BOM because it's so miserable at JFK
Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I heard the mouse emigrated to BOM because it's so miserable at JFK
Well, there are lots of daily "trips" out of the SEN lounge in JFK to BOM, so that was an easy one for the mouse
Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Well, there are lots of daily "trips" out of the SEN lounge in JFK to BOM, so that was an easy one for the mouse
I'm sure that was a challenge for the TSA !
Old Jul 28, 2008, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..Sorry - have just arrived in PVG - so will not be able to make it tomorrow night in ZRH ..
Booooomer, I know - but you will be around on the 19th, right? So you could bring one for inspection by us mere mortals!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've got 2 F flights in early August. I was hoping for something Olympic themed. I take it my hopes will be dashed?

btw, I've never heard of Rimowa. Somehow I don't think these will be collector items in our house. Perhaps it's time for another San Diego FT dinner so I can clear the cupboard.

Why Olympic themed? LH isn't an official sponsor so would be prohibited from doing anything that could be linked with the Olympics. As for the brand and design, this is the core design element in LH's inflight decor. Haven't you noticed the pseudo-ribbed metal-look? A derivative from the old Junkers airliners LH first flew when it was launched. It also sells a line of full sized luggage and cases from Rinowa.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Why Olympic themed? LH isn't an official sponsor so would be prohibited from doing anything that could be linked with the Olympics. As for the brand and design, this is the core design element in LH's inflight decor. Haven't you noticed the pseudo-ribbed metal-look? A derivative from the old Junkers airliners LH first flew when it was launched. It also sells a line of full sized luggage and cases from Rinowa.
Even the masters of ongoing stupidness (i.e. IOC) cannot prohibit anyone from cooking chinese stuff during August this year.

For the records, the luggage company is called RIMOWA.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Olympic cuisine would be energy bars and yogurt. This is basic Chinese nouvelle classique!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by weero
Booooomer, I know - but you will be around on the 19th, right? So you could bring one for inspection by us mere mortals!
As long as I survive the pre Octoberfescht in Blumenau and the pre- and postceeding transfers from GRU to CGH vv the week before - yes I will be there with corresponding samples

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:47 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by Shareholder
LH isn't an official sponsor so would be prohibited from doing anything that could be linked with the Olympics.
Unfortunately, it is much more complicated than this, as each national olympic committee may have its own partners:

http://www.dsm-olympia.de/de/100485/...o_partner.html

Therefore, LH is allowed to use logos and organise activities as part of their partnership with the German National Olympic Committee.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:54 am

MUC-EWR last sunday,
no rimowa kits...
Old Jul 29, 2008, 4:04 pm

Programs: LH
just saw it at our ZRH Stammtisch. It makes you thinking of upgrading. Just cool.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
As long as I survive the pre Octoberfescht in Blumenau and the pre- and postceeding transfers from GRU to CGH vv the week before - yes I will be there with corresponding samples ..
2035 let me touch his today .

I mean the amenity kit ... I feel empowered and human again.

It's really quite divine. Now I know why he 'wastes' upgrades on that short TLV-FRA hop .
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:24 pm

Wow. Just checked ebay germany for the rimowa kits (search was "rimowa first class"). There are quite a few now - and prices for the ones sold are in the 70 - 80 euro range. Insane. I am considering offering mine on the coupon connection.....
Old Jul 30, 2008, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Wow. Just checked ebay germany for the rimowa kits (search was "rimowa first class"). There are quite a few now - and prices for the ones sold are in the 70 - 80 euro range. Insane. I am considering offering mine on the coupon connection.....
Eeek ! It lowers the cost of a BD award ticket even more

Or compensates a bit for the LH "surcharges".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.