Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Couldn't agree more.
How was North Korea, btw?
most interesting trip ever !!!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Meilensammler
most interesting trip ever !!!
When and where can we expect a trip report with lots of pictures?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
...the national disgrace...
At some point in time I am going to charge you for using this quote

I totally agree though that MUC crews are better - but to uphold the crew members that do a fantastic job in FRA: my best F experience on LH so far was out of FRA.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH has decided to hire 140 P1s in Munich from other airlines (DE, CL, LT etc) because the natural seniroty regs cannot fulfill the demand of planned rapid expansion in MUC:

Erstmals seit zwei Jahren hat im April ein Lehrgang für externe Purser begonnen, die zuvor für verschiedene Airlines außerhalb des Lufthansa-Konzerns geflogen sind. Die Bewerber kommen unter anderem von der CityLine, Condor, TUIFly und LTU. Ausgebildet werden die Kollegen zwar in Frankfurt, eingesetzt werden sie anschließend aber in München. Hintergrund ist, dass mit dem Streckenwachstum in München die Anzahl der Kabinenmitarbeiter wächst und in München aktuell 140 Purser benötigt werden. Da diese Stellen nicht ausschließlich intern zu besetzen sind, beschlossen die Fachbereiche, auch externe Purser für Lufthansa in München zu rekrutieren. Voraussetzung für die Einstellung von externen Pursern bei Lufthansa ist, dass die Bewerber mindestens 1500 Blockstunden als Führungskraft an Bord nachweisen können und die vergangenen zwölf Monate vor dem Einstieg bei Lufthansa auch aktiv geflogen sind. In der dreimonatigen Ausbildung lernen die neuen Kollegen vor allem Lufthansa und alle internen Abläufe kennen. Das umfasst die Flugbegleiterausbildung für den Kontverkehr, die Ausbildung zum Purser I inklusive Emergency Training sowie den Teil Führung. Während der Ausbildung finden mehrmals Einweisungsflüge statt. Stationiert werden die neuen Purser in München. Weitere Lehrgänge starten im Juli und Oktober
Source: Lufthanseat

That should make for a interesting mix of staff...
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
P1 are catering coach, so no harm done for me.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:45 am
hch

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH has decided to hire 140 P1s in Munich from other airlines (DE, CL, LT etc) because the natural seniroty regs cannot fulfill the demand of planned rapid expansion in MUC:

Source: Lufthanseat

That should make for a interesting mix of staff...
Quite interesting how LH handles this. Imagine the uproar at an unionized US Airline if they hired someone directly into a senior position.

In fact UA also has a shortage of Pursers right now, and their "solution" is to have a normal FA run the purser position if no qualified purser is available.

I wonder what the qualification at Cityline is, because there is no such thing as a Purser position on CL.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:49 am
hch

P1 are catering coach, so no harm done for me.
Many P1 will eventually graduate to P2. In fact about half of the MUC-based P1 that I had on long-hauls said they'll do the P2 course pretty soon.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hch
Many P1 will eventually graduate to P2. In fact about half of the MUC-based P1 that I had on long-hauls said they'll do the P2 course pretty soon.
Sure. But what's the point?
Most current MUC P2s started their career at FRA. And most of them say they'd never ever go back.
It's not like they fell from the sky.
MUC station will certainly shape those new ready-entry pursers. There's nothing to fear.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:22 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
MUC crews mostly do a perfect job. Last week I had one of the best FA-crew ever.
Salve Luigi
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:46 am
hch

If the P1 I had on shorthauls ex-MUX lately are anything to go by I'm worried about the quality of future longhaul pursers in MUC. (Assumming junior pursers work more shorthaul, which isn't always true)
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hch
If the P1 I had on shorthauls ex-MUX lately
Flying coach again, huh?
Well, you do know that crews on shourthaul flights ex/to MUC don't have to be MUC based, right?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:06 am
hch

Flying coach again, huh?
Sure, sub-99EUR tickets are too nice to miss

Well, you do know that crews on shourthaul flights ex/to MUC don't have to be MUC based, right?
At least all LH planes ex-MUC (except for flights to FRA) are MUC based, and I would assume the crew too. LH Regional is a completely different beast with the planes hopping over all bases.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hch
At least all LH planes ex-MUC (except for flights to FRA) are MUC based
Huh? A ex-MUC flight may be part of a FRA-CDG-MUC-TXL-FRA circulation, just to make up an example. Obviously with a FRA crew. Not to mention multy-day tours, where planes with a FRA crew are parked overnight, then could continue to MUC on the next morning. Btw, I think LH has continental stations in more cities than just FRA and MUC.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:28 pm
hch

Huh? A ex-MUC flight may be part of a FRA-CDG-MUC-TXL-FRA circulation, just to make up an example. Obviously with a FRA crew. Not to mention multy-day tours, where planes with a FRA crew are parked overnight, then could continue to MUC on the next morning. Btw, I think LH has continental stations in more cities than just FRA and MUC.
As I said I don't know the crew rotation as my LH contact are more in the technical area. But LH Passage will never do a scheduled FRA-CDG-MUC-TXL-FRA rotation (once in a while it may happen during IROPS).

All LH planes are either station in FRA, MUC or decentral. The FRA planes cover all rotations ex-FRA, the MUC flights all rotations ex-MUC except to FRA, and decentral all others. Decentral has aircrafts actually stationed at DUS, HAM, STR, TXL and CGN. All decentral aircraft are 737s.

Now it could be possible that crew operations works differently, and as I said I don't have any insight into those.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hch
All LH planes are either station in FRA, MUC or decentral. The FRA planes cover all rotations ex-FRA, the MUC flights all rotations ex-MUC except to FRA, and decentral all others. Decentral has aircrafts actually stationed at DUS, HAM, STR, TXL and CGN. All decentral aircraft are 737s.
Um, so FRA-MUC is handled by a FRA crew, and then? The FRA crew disappears into a black hole, as they can't depart from MUC, because all MUC departures are MUC crews?

Nah, that sounds too good to be true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.