Now I understand why some FTers here say ex-MUC FAs are the best

Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:02 pm
CGK
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Now I understand why some FTers here say ex-MUC FAs are the best

From early May, I had an opportunity to take LH F from FRA as well as MUC to the US. After reading many times that FTers here mentioning about MUC has the best crew, I now agree. The crew from MUC seems to be more upbeat, younger, attentive, friendly, and treat every pax the same.
But, something that indeed giving them additional points, is the fact that they do care about what's the best for the customer when serving the meals.
I am sure everyone here knows the menu for transatlantic for May and June. For the short ribs, the crew from MUC, cut the ribs, so that the pax could just eat it right away rib by rib, without struggle. From FRA, it served as a slab of ribs. So, we had to cut ourselves each rib before eating.
And, now is the best part - chocolate fondue. From FRA, the crew never suggested or served the chocolate fondue warmed. Basically like dipping the fruits into chocoalty nutella. But from MUC, the girl apologized because it would take 10 minutes to serve the chocolate fondue due to the warming process. And yes, the warm hot chocolate fondue, made the dessert taste miles better...

Just my 2-cents as a pax who loves to eat.
Happy flying.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
...you've been reading too many Flysurfer posts !
Old Jun 12, 2008, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by CGK

Just my 2-cents as a pax who loves to eat.
Happy flying.
Your FRA crew simply didn't follow proper procedure for the meals. They preferred to be lazy. Typical FRA attitude. Of course, I'd never have accepted a cold chocolate fondue. That's like serving a frozen steak.

Don't forget to write some feedback to LH, comparing the national disgrace of your FRA experience with your much better MUC experience.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: LH-HON
I do agree with the differences in F between MUC and FRA for the FAs. FRA quality varies a lot, MUC always good.

However my experience is the opposite for the pursers: FRA a lot more engaged to take care and making sure everything works fine; MUC: in some flights you see them only once - a long time into the flight, standing in front of you with the manifest in the hand ("let me find your name"), saying: "hello, I think you know how it works" and then never seen again ...

At least to Asia it was generally the case - didn't had for a long time F to the US from MUC...
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:39 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Last Sunday I had a fantastic crew on my flight to SIN. I skipped the chocolate Fondue (so i don't know if they heated it) , but this was the most attentive crew I have had since a long time. From the first minute until I deplaned. Two men in the cabin and one girl in the galley...... strangely I often find the male FA in F are more attentive.......... The Purser was also very good and she checked several times on me. The best part of the flight was obviously the Spargel (after I already had one portion in the FCT). Probably the last for me this season.

First week in August I will take the new SIN-MUC flight and will see how the famous MUC crews stack up.

Cheers, S
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
From MUC to CLT in F, requested a particular "Starbucks style" coffe that was not on the LH menu. A junior FA from Y was brought up and admitted her coffeehouse experience in Munich and made a PERFECT drink. I wrote a nice note to LH corporate and received a super reply.

FRA service is nice, but for some intangible reason, not like MUC.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:32 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Rambuster
...you've been reading too many Flysurfer posts !
MUC crews are better, this is a real fact.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:52 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TPA us ff
From MUC to CLT in F, requested a particular "Starbucks style" coffe that was not on the LH menu. A junior FA from Y was brought up and admitted her coffeehouse experience in Munich and made a PERFECT drink. I wrote a nice note to LH corporate and received a super reply.

FRA service is nice, but for some intangible reason, not like MUC.
On one of my LH trips (MUC-LAX) the MUC Purser made me a hot choclate - after LH removed the instant hot choclate from catering . BTW LX still ofers it!
She cut/grated a milka chocolate bar with a knife in small pices and dissolved the small pieces in hot milk.

That is F class service! I obviously had to report this customer oriented Purser to LH! Besides that i complained about the missing hot choclate.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
How about the DUS F crew?

Anyone experienced the DUS crew in F?

Have a flight next week in F from DUS...
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Originally Posted by ACfly

The purser on my DUS intercont-flight few weeks ago told me that there are not DUS-based intercont-crews at the moment. They come from FRA and other stations. The crew on my flights were good.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:46 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA

Yes, they are FRA based crews, but I also had an excellent service from DUS.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 1:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, Eurobonus silver BA bronze Sixt Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle Amex Centurion
Smile DUS Crew in C

I have recently done a DUS-YYZ-DUS flight in C. On the outbound leg the staff was rather indifferent, doing their job in a mechanical way. When I declined the water bottle one is supposed to drink I got a stern look from the girl who stated "Water is good for You. You drink it!". I must confess that I would rather have enjoyed a glass of champers.

On the way back, however, I had the most delightful experience, which amounted to my best flight ever. With a genuinely caring and kind flight attendant AND purser. I have written about that flight in "SEN experience on board". I have also taken down their names and sent a "mention in dispatches" to LH HQ and they have marked it down and replied to me. So I guess it all comes down to human nature and the luck of the day, just like when ordering "the dish of the day"...
Old Jun 16, 2008, 6:17 am

Internal Lufthansa surveys are showing that MUC Crews are rated much better than FRA Crews by the customers. A few days ago I had the chance to compare (FRA-PEK / PEK-MUC) and I agree completely. Also the A340 is much nicer in F than the Boeing 747. Seat is of course the same but the whole atmosphere is much better in the Airbus. The Purser even gave us a tour through the galley and the crew-sleeping room in the lower deck.

And for the lounges: The Terminal in Frankfurt is not as good as it was before, while Munich was fantastic again. If you don`t mind that your table is not cleaned for more than one hour, you are not asked if you want something to drink and that your transfers get mixed up however, than the Terminal in Frankfurt is still a good alternative to MUC...
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:31 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by flysurfer
No. A good anticipating MUC FA will have your hot Nespresso (...)A word of caution for those F pax who want to do this on a 346 ex/to FRA: Don't do it!
You must be dreaming of this already, right?

So who did the brain washing job? You to the MUC FAs or the MUC FAs to you?

Did fly out of MUC Yesterday on a 346 and Yes, the MUC crew did an excellent job. A little above average in comparison to both stations, MUC and FRA. However, the FA in F told me, that I should be happy to fly this time out of MUC, since the crews are much better there (And she started this discussion). I asked her, who is saying this and she replied, she was told this by another guest and that she heard, all First FAs out of FRA are really old and pax like the younger ones more and so on.

Well, maybe it is good to have a competition between both stations. But they should not argue this in front of the passengers IMHO.

No doubt, she did an excellent job (as well as the P1 and the F kitchen FA), like I received frequently out of MUC and out of FRA from younger ones and older ones, male and female... @:-)
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Meilensammler
Internal Lufthansa surveys are showing that MUC Crews are rated much better than FRA Crews by the customers. A few days ago I had the chance to compare (FRA-PEK / PEK-MUC) and I agree completely. Also the A340 is much nicer in F than the Boeing 747. Seat is of course the same but the whole atmosphere is much better in the Airbus. The Purser even gave us a tour through the galley and the crew-sleeping room in the lower deck.

And for the lounges: The Terminal in Frankfurt is not as good as it was before, while Munich was fantastic again. If you don`t mind that your table is not cleaned for more than one hour, you are not asked if you want something to drink and that your transfers get mixed up however, than the Terminal in Frankfurt is still a good alternative to MUC...
Couldn't agree more.
How was North Korea, btw?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.