Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by silversurfer
With a 750.000 miles benchmark But the problem is, you donīt want to lose them all or you can let the FCT to SQ, BA or TG
Some of them, maybe 25%, who knows. But on the other side LH doesn't want to loose them as loyal customers. So how to handle this conflict and pleasing everyone? IMO it's impossible. All FFs between 600.000 and 749.000 miles p.a. will be loosers if this "enhancement" will take place.
Maybe LH will reintroduce upgrade vouchers for every 50.000 miles from 600.000 to HON to keep those people quiet because the distance between a "simple 130.000 miles SEN" and a "700.xxx almost HON" will be too big.
Salve Luigi
Old Sep 6, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by rorschi
For reaching 750'000 miles within 2 years, you must really fly a lot.

(This was my spiritual contribution on this thread).
About ten times per year LAX-MUC in F with a European Connection on top.

Basically I think it would make more sense if it was mandatory to fly on F or C and F for qualification like PPS
Old Sep 6, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Originally Posted by SenAOI
Maybe LH will reintroduce upgrade vouchers for every 50.000 miles from 600.000 to HON to keep those people quiet because the distance between a "simple 130.000 miles SEN" and a "700.xxx almost HON" will be too big.
Nice idea, but why would you continue accumulating miles with M&M once you made the SEN threshold. 500/600,000 additional miles over two years in one or two other FFP would bring you more value/perks... and save you money if you you are based in Germany.

Accumulating 470,000 (500,000 out of Germany) miles for getting an additional up voucher every 50,000 thereoff until 750,000 is such a faaaaantastic prospect...

IMO increasing the HON threshold would force them adding an additional level between SEN and HON. The issue for LH is what to give to the new level so those FF do not feel loosing to much and don't leave M&M for another FFP.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by SenAOI
Salve Luigi
I don't need vouchers, can still manage to fly paid or upgraded F longhaul and use the FCT even as a non HON. What counts most for me is using the FCT on my ~20 domestic flights p.a. as a FRA based flyer.

After LH introduced the FCT service, while the carneval in T1 at FRA got worse and worse I am not willing to step back, as long as my travel pattern is similar. If they kick me out with let's say 700'000 miles in 2 years, then I would really be upset, And upset means to move the business of myself and all my employees to someone else whenever possible. If I have to go through the zoo at FRA I can even manage to connect somewhere else for cheaper fares (e.g. BA via LHR).

Last edited by SleepOverGreenland; Sep 6, 2007 at 9:54 am
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
BA A Fares ex DE are very fair compared to LH!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Basically I think it would make more sense if it was mandatory to fly on F or C and F for qualification like PPS
Do you really think that this would be helpful. Probably it would make a difference if only F counts but F and C? I mean how many HON's out there have a relevant number of Y miles in their accounts that made them getting HON? I always thought that Y miles can be disregarded in this case. But probably I'm totally wrong here.

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
BA A Fares ex DE are very fair compared to LH!
Agree! That's why I use BA for some of my long hauls and put up with the LHR connection...
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by totti
Do you really think that this would be helpful. Probably it would make a difference if only F counts but F and C? I mean how many HON's out there have a relevant number of Y miles in their accounts that made them getting HON? I always thought that Y miles can be disregarded in this case. But probably I'm totally wrong here.
Only F would mean only longhaul.

Do you think a CR fare 696€ FRA-ZRH rt (no fees included in that price) is a bad deal for LH and should not count?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by totti
Do you really think that this would be helpful. Probably it would make a difference if only F counts but F and C?
Apparently, he flies both F and C @:-)

Don't blame anyone... Still it's so funny to see how self-serving are most of the arguments laid out here. ^
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by andre1970
Don't blame anyone... Still it's so funny to see how self-serving are most of the arguments laid out here. ^
Yes, and what is wrong with this?

I can only write for my situation, I can not make statements for anynone else.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:38 am

Apparently, he flies both F and C @:-)

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Yes, and what is wrong with this?

I can only write for my situation, I can not make statements for anynone else.
Did I say something's ..."wrong", somewhere?

FWIW, I quote my previous message (which BTW was not in reply/comment to any of your posts) to help you nail it this time @:-)
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..Then again, I don't like the idea of "minimize number of HONs". Airline industry will fall down into another hole sooner or later and latest by then they will be happy for each single loyal flyer.
Wise words indeed ^.

The odd thingy about airline management is that they always extrapolate the status quo as the model for the entire future.
So being stingy the the flock of HONs they have is about the worst investment anyone could make in the future.
There is no way that even HON- and HONlite will cause more cost than earnings for LH. Pathological case - such as hobos living in the FCT - excluded.
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
..Basically I think it would make more sense if it was mandatory to fly on F or C and F for qualification like PPS
You mean F,C, and D, right .
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by weero
The odd thingy about airline management is that they always extrapolate the status quo as the model for the entire future.
Exactly! Excellent remark weero! ^^

Originally Posted by weero
You mean F,C, and D, right .
And Z, please, for me! And a couple of occasional Y's and some dirt cheap intra-EU booked in E. Oh, and the FRA-JFKs to count for triple HON miles!

Pleeeaaaase?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Exactly!

No one seems to like being counted among the chaff when it is separated from the wheat.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Do you think a CR fare 696€ FRA-ZRH rt (no fees included in that price) is a bad deal for LH and should not count?
No, for sure this is a good deal for LH (or at least I think so) and it was not my idea that only F should count towards HON. As I pointed out, I fully agree with your analysis!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Maybe it's an interestig figure which I've recently been told: Austrian has 312 HONs. About 30% of them are beetwenn 600 and 750 k miles.So I think, srewing the requalifikation benchmark to 750.000, some of them would increase flying AUA or LH to keep their status. The rest would have to leave the circle.
That's life.

Salve Luigi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.