Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum

Buona sera to everyone,
as I have been informed today, the new HON "enhancements" are getting closer. For cutting the number of HON Circle Members LH is definitively reflecting about 750.000 HON miles for (re)qualification. This is an additional 25%. But AFAIK they don't thin about cutting the bonus miles for requalification. So LH maybe could reduce the number of HONs about 25 to 30%.
I didn't hear anything about the way, LH will manage, f.e. "enhancement" for requalification for the next period or increasing immediately.
So let's wait and see.
Salve Luigi
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by SenAOI
Buona sera to everyone,
as I have been informed today, the new HON "enhancements" are getting closer. For cutting the number of HON Circle Members LH is definitively reflecting about 750.000 HON miles for (re)qualification. This is an additional 25%. But AFAIK they don't thin about cutting the bonus miles for requalification. So LH maybe could reduce the number of HONs about 25 to 30%.
I didn't hear anything about the way, LH will manage, f.e. "enhancement" for requalification for the next period or increasing immediately.
So let's wait and see.
Salve Luigi
Wow.... I think I will stop trying to reach HON then.... because it becomes more far away....

I strongly believe that LH will miss a lot of business from several SENs who do some extra 100.000 or 200.000 to reach HON, which will now stop doing so and instead choosing an other airline....

Bad decision.... At least for me.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Thank God I never went for HON but diversified with LH,BA and BD ... my contribution to the 100 posts by tomorrow
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
For reaching 750'000 miles within 2 years, you must really fly a lot.

(This was my spiritual contribution on this thread).
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I don't really care as this is way too much for me anyway.

SmilingBoy.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Sixt Plat, HHonors Gold
Maybe LH limits HON qualification to domestic german routes only, and reduce C mileage to 700 miles - an easy way to get rid of many HONchos
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:31 pm

i seriously hope they dont raise the level before the end of the year, with my current booking situation i would make HON by dec. would suck to miss it!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by sentom
i seriously hope they dont raise the level before the end of the year, with my current booking situation i would make HON by dec. would suck to miss it!
I doubt they'll do it that short. They will have something like a changeover for those like you who are really close. On the other hand, the Wolf is capricious
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I doubt they'll do it that short. They will have something like a changeover for those like you who are really close. On the other hand, the Wolf is capricious
I guess the entire point is for those who are really close NOT to qualify ...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: too many...
That's two more intercont. flights... For the initial HON setting one 'wastes' considerable time in the air anyway already, so shouldn't make much of a difference...

My humble interpretation here is that besides trying to limit the number of HONs, LH tries to have one make a considerate decision what one is flying. It is not that HONs do fly LH exclusively, but certainly to a large or larger extent. They do fly other metal as per convenience and my interpretation is that LH tries to limit the 'convenience' if indeed this 'enhancements' do materialise.

In any case, with this 'enhancement' the Hon-hunting character (no offence, Hon_hunter) will be gone for many. This now smells like 'work' and I am not sure if people want to do that...

Just my two M&L points...

JNBHEL

Originally Posted by rorschi
For reaching 750'000 miles within 2 years, you must really fly a lot.

(This was my spiritual contribution on this thread).
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:12 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
750,000... ouch. That's a lot.

I only earned 95,000 re-qualifying miles in 2006, so this year I have to do the remaining 505,000... It'll work out by year end (between today and 31st December I need to do another 24 European legs in C), but this has been a lot of flying, since at the same time I also want to keep my Platinum status on Air France (missing 16 legs in European C). So it has been a LOT of flying, and believe me I didn't do it to gain/keep status, but because I had to fly for work.

So gaining those 505,000 in just one year gives me an idea about the amount of flying I would need to do to get to 750,000 in two years. It is a lot of flying... a lot of flying...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:17 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
fingers crossed, that would be cruel...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Are they going to simultaneously provide extra benefits for non-european HONs?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Are they going to simultaneously provide extra benefits for non-european HONs?
You really have a heart of gold.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I know how that feels Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.