Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH
Question Lh/lx Sen

Originally Posted by rorschi
I have an average ratio of 80EUR/1000 miles
Great ratio, you are welcome to share how? No, I would like to know how you achived LH SEN and LX SEN? LH comes with 130000, isn´t it? Or is it one SEN, shared between LH and LX. Because you could also be an OS and LO SEN, can´t you? Do you have both with different addresses? Actually, that´s cool. Everytime, you reach / requallify a SEN, you get 2 eVouchers. So, you actually get 12 eVouchers when other just got the HON with 6 eVouchers.
Interesting question.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:02 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
Great ratio, you are welcome to share how? No, I would like to know how you achived LH SEN and LX SEN?
No, don't worry, I'm SEN only once, but these are the two carriers printed on my card... (have now even a German adress and needed 130K...).

And I guess I don't have to explain how to achieve the ratio:

Mostly leisure travel with all the tricks explained in this thread, and 2 long-hauls in Z ex ATH/AMS. 80EUR/1000 miles is not really such a big deal...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by rorschi
No, don't worry, I'm SEN only once, but these are the two carriers printed on my card... (have now even a German adress and needed 130K...).

And I guess I don't have to explain how to achieve the ratio:

Mostly leisure travel with all the tricks explained in this thread, and 2 long-hauls in Z ex ATH/AMS. 80EUR/1000 miles is not really such a big deal...
Still a very good ratio! I think the only thing which comes close to this from Australia would be cheap LH F fares from SYD to FRA via BKK. 64k Miles for about EUR 5400.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:36 pm
hch

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Still a very good ratio! I think the only thing which comes close to this from Australia would be cheap LH F fares from SYD to FRA via BKK. 64k Miles for about EUR 5400.
But only FRA-BKK/FRA-LAX and back are HON miles, so they're not that good for a Hon-Run.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:46 am

Programs: LH/LX
GVA is a good destination as it offers more than once a day flights via Zurich.
BSL only offers once a day a flight to Zurich in the morning and ex Zurich late night.
And while waiting in BSL, ZRH or GVA you can go to the nearest Coop store and turn in some Coop Travel Trophy cards+cash for miles (however: no status miles). Offer runs till August 18, therefore hurry up and be aware that store opening hours are somewhat restricted, especially on the weekends.

Details: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683028
Old Aug 8, 2007, 5:54 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by hch
But only FRA-BKK/FRA-LAX and back are HON miles, so they're not that good for a Hon-Run.
You are correct. But I didn't claim they were HON runs since half the posts in here are about SEN runs.
Having said this, they are still the cheapest way for a HON run from Australia since their is not HON airline down here. The four HONs in Australia got their status from 7-8 flights like that.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Aug 8, 2007 at 3:52 pm
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
The four HONs in Australia got their status from 7-8 flights like that.
Nah, they probably flew OS and will now lose their status.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:12 am
hch

Originally Posted by flysurfer
That's my guess aswell. I liked the OS flights when they finally got the new C seats, and short after they're gone
Old Aug 8, 2007, 3:51 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flysurfer
No, they are (mainly) flying LH and (mainly) F and will easily keep their status (According to LH sources here in Australia).
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: LH
Talking Coop Travel Trophy

Originally Posted by Hennessy
And while waiting in BSL, ZRH or GVA you can go to the nearest Coop store and turn in some Coop Travel Trophy cards+cash for miles (however: no status miles).
Interestingly, they still have most of the luggage they wanted to sell, left in the shops.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 2:08 am

Programs: LH/LX
Interestingly, they still have most of the luggage they wanted to sell, left in the shops.
I would like to know, what they will do with the leftovers....sell at the advertised "regular" prices? Then people will start to compare and will perhaps buy something else.
Also have a look at my other post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=53.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I think the best HON run is BRU-ZRH-STR-ZRH-BRU in Swiss J. I did this for €373.29 (incl. all taxes and lx.com TSC) a few months back, and this gives me €37.33/1000 HON miles. (Note that I am not interested in HON miles, just status miles.)

If you want status miles only, there will likely be better ratios in the US on domestic F.

SmilingBoy.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, A3 Silver
Wanted: 13.000 status miles!

Ok, guys - what would be your best bet to get 13.000 status miles? One (prolongated) weekend, or maybe two, and as cheap as possible, of course Oh, and being based in TXL. Thanks for any input!

SwanlakeFTL
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by SwanlakeFTL
Ok, guys - what would be your best bet to get 13.000 status miles? One (prolongated) weekend, or maybe two, and as cheap as possible, of course Oh, and being based in TXL. Thanks for any input!

SwanlakeFTL
Just read this thread.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:41 pm
AHO

ex-CAI-SIN LX D class. 2270 EUR all-in.
2 stopovers at ZRH are included.
You can book it at exedia.com.

Fare basis: DICSWIEG

HIP/MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS:
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED THE HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT RULE DOES NOT APPLY FOR STOPOVERS.

Total miles before SEN/HON bonus is 32,416 miles.
About 70 EUR/1,000 miles incl. taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.