Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2023, 5:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The OU J fares to SJJ are still around as are the longhaul fares from BUD.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The OU J fares to SJJ [...]
To be booked fast for imminent travel before the fog season (together with the crap AQI) descends upon us down in the valley...

G
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
To be booked fast for imminent travel before the fog season (together with the crap AQI) descends upon us down in the valley...

G
IRROPS are runners friends. Go back home and claim original routing credit.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
IRROPS are runners friends. Go back home and claim original routing credit.
It was merely a word of caution mostly towards the runners' health, there were several days last year when the AQI was the second worst in the planet (just behind either "somewhere" in China or Lahore), in a nutshell you don't want to get stuck in this part of the world during winter.

On a curious yet still foggy note (), SJJ is only CAT I (with no imminent prospect of going any higher due to runway "struggle"), this routinely leads to a hefty amount of delays and indeed cancellations during winter months...

G
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:59 pm

Getting stuck out is, per runners requirements, definitely better than being stuck in, I will grant you that. That said, that can be largely mitigated by planning to take the same frame out in the morning you came in in the evening, at least usually (that would count out LO to SJJ I guess).
That said, how are you for overland options? Probably not great...
Old Sep 25, 2023, 3:20 pm

That said, how are you for overland options? Probably not great...
Well, not quite. The Heir Apparent Franz Ferdinand together with the Duchess of Hohenberg did the comfortable journey by train from and to Vienna, I’ve personally never ventured on such royal journey but I can only assume that things must have turned even better since 1914…

G
Old Sep 25, 2023, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Well, not quite. The Heir Apparent Franz Ferdinand together with the Duchess of Hohenberg did the comfortable journey by train from and to Vienna, I’ve personally never ventured on such royal journey but I can only assume that things must have turned even better since 1914…

G
Not as far as Vienna per se, but at least to an airport where there's a better chance of catching a plane out of. Split, Dubrovnik, Belgrade, all options seem pretty crap. Bosnia wants to be kept out of.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 3:49 pm

Not as far as Vienna per se, but at least to an airport where there's a better chance of catching a plane out of. Split, Dubrovnik, Belgrade, all options seem pretty crap. Bosnia wants to be kept out of.
My previous statement was tongue-in-cheek but, yes, no easy “overland escape”. Incidentally there used to be direct trains to both Belgrade and Zagreb up to a decade ago (or even more recently, if memory serves well), however our desolated and nearly abandoned train station is nowadays a perfect site for meditation. The drive to Dubrovnik is pretty scenic, though.

G
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Any good routings under the new system?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:57 pm

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
This year is my „dead year“, no need to collect any HON miles, therefore I am not really following the story.

But one advantage that I see:

The P ticket that we all didn’t like in the past seem to be attractive now as the net in the same amount of (qualifying/HON) points. Especially on short haul flights.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M Qualifying Points Runs
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by TheAirman
Any good routings under the new system?
Since North Africa and Caucasus count as Europe for continental/Intercontinental purposes, the sweet spot is to find a cheap connecting flight in Business to the Near East.

Tel Aviv was angling to be the place to go to, but then the conflict flared up. Financially it's still up there, but it is a bit more of a difficult proposition. Beyrut and Amman are also options depending on where you start.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.