Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:05 am

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
the fare basis JSWISSDE clearly allows that as a routing, but LH.com gets all silly and prices it in Z, and nothing else I've come across has enough sector fields to be able to price it all through.
amex for example does allow enough sectors, but even though it is only priced in Z rather than J. How much (in €) is the fare difference for MUC-GVA-ZRH-VIE-ZRH-GVA-MUC so to check if it's worth going for it? Thank you!
Old Aug 4, 2007, 6:31 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye
another nice mr with sas (double m+m status-/ and bonus miles promotion, no sen/hon bonus) in c - valid until 08/31/07:

germany *for me haj*/cph/nrt/cph/germany
= 2.300 eur and 47.400 status + bonus miles = 48.4 eur / 1000 miles. ^

i`ll do it between 08/09 and 08/13.......
Do you have a link for this promotion, I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
I did LHR-SIN-SYD-SIN-LHR over a weekend. Left work at 18:00 on Friday, went to LHR. Dep LHR at 22:00, arrive SYD at 05:50 +2 - time for breakfast and lunch on Bondi Beach with friends. Dep SYD 15:40 arrive LHR 05:55 +1, and went to work. 22,000 miles or so, and about £700 on SQ (IIRC).
What class of service were you in, BristolTraveler?
Old Aug 4, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by SASfan
What class of service were you in, BristolTraveler?
Oh, right up the back. This was in March 2005. According to M&M statement, it was 21,286 miles.

I did LHR-SIN in June this year, which was about £650 (?) and got me 13,500 (an E class fare IIRC).

For the interest of all - I was a bit worried about trekking the wife around Europe to earn 23,750 miles (costing £740). An interesting equivalent is LHR-FRA-LAX in B class (150% of miles), which costs £753 in October (out Fri/Sat, back Sun/Mon), and is showing reasonable avails. Earns 23,378 miles if you're a SEN/FTL.

(However, she decided she'd rather bash round Europe in C than go somewhere interesting in Y).
Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Oh, right up the back. This was in March 2005. According to M&M statement, it was 21,286 miles.

I did LHR-SIN in June this year, which was about £650 (?) and got me 13,500 (an E class fare IIRC).

For the interest of all - I was a bit worried about trekking the wife around Europe to earn 23,750 miles (costing £740). An interesting equivalent is LHR-FRA-LAX in B class (150% of miles), which costs £753 in October (out Fri/Sat, back Sun/Mon), and is showing reasonable avails. Earns 23,378 miles if you're a SEN/FTL.

(However, she decided she'd rather bash round Europe in C than go somewhere interesting in Y).

I hope you have enough money left to pay for the divorce after this !?
And since when is LAX interesting ?
Old Aug 4, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I hope you have enough money left to pay for the divorce after this !?
And since when is LAX interesting ?
And I quote my wife at this point "It will save my Silver Card, which thanks to you, is now very important to me. God, I can't believe I just said that!"

(I rest my case, your honour).

LAX: I'd rather sit in a 747 watching films and sleeping, before going for a cruise round LAX and having Sunday breakfast in a diner, rather than hop on and off an endless number of A320 / ARJ100 / Dash 8 / 900's and have 7 hours sleep in an airport hotel at VIE before doing it all again in reverse.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 4:04 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Can you manage it during Saturday/Sunday? What is the yield in miles on that trip?
Unfortunately you can't on OZ. The connections don't work so you need to stay in Seoul overnight.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by kempis
Not a HON run but its possible to fly MAN-(PHL-WAS-LAS-PHX-SF0)SEA on US in Z and A for about 1700€ and it earns roughly 40.000 status miles if routed right. Unlimited stopovers also possible.
Did OP not ask about HON run ?
As far as I know US is not valid for HON miles ? or ?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bertheike
Did OP not ask about HON run ?
As far as I know US is not valid for HON miles ? or ?
Correct. But it would be a good SEN run too.
Next January I will be on a CRW RTW to work on my SENhood requalification. I guess I will book a nice Q-UP on domestic UA F once in the US to complete the entire process within 10 days....
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:37 am

Just another mileage run question

I know this already has been discussed widely, but routes and especially prices change. So maybe the one or other expert can give me a short advise.

I need additionally 25K status miles this year to renew SEN Status until 02/11 and to be free again for the next years. What is the cheapest and fastest way nowadays to achieve this goal?

Thank you!!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:39 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Do a search about the famous HON RUN in the LH forum. There is a way to make ~ 12K miles for about 600-700 Euro. Just do it twice.
You would fly within a day something like MUC-GVA-ZRH-VIE-ZRH-GVA-MUC on Swiss in Business Class (J fare)

There has been a thread about the whole business just a few days ago...
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: LH
Question Qs

To answere this question, more information is required.

:-: Where is your basis, from where you will start the Miles Run?
:-: What amount are you willing to spent?
:-: What traval class is the minimum/maximum.
:-: When do you plan to do this miles run? Weekend, during the week?
:-: Can you do several miles runs or do you prefere cleaning it in one go? (Note: This weekend, I did 17 flights for 32000 miles, spending €1300 including Hotel and public transport, but I was very tired afterwards)
:-: Do you have any specific destination or are you open for short term offers?
:-: etc
:-: etc

Based on those answeres, FT can help you. But, as said earlier, miles runs are personal and anyone has to find his personal fit.

Originally Posted by hamcan
I know this already has been discussed widely, but routes and especially prices change. So maybe the one or other expert can give me a short advise.

I need additionally 25K status miles this year to renew SEN Status until 02/11 and to be free again for the next years. What is the cheapest and fastest way nowadays to achieve this goal?

Thank you!!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by chumbawumba
This weekend, I did 17 flights for 32000 miles, spending €1300 including Hotel and public transport
I believe some of us would really like to know the itinery...
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Could be 17 x German domestic C class at 1875 miles a piece - but of course not for € 1300 ...
Old Aug 6, 2007, 2:41 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I am really curious, too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.