Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for magazine subscriptions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2003, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There was a similiar promo around a few months back which offered 6000 miles for 20€ and one month of welt, which you had to specifically end in writing. Is it still active? I just heard it when I told a guy about the cheapest 5000 miles I ever bought.

Regards Oliver
Old Jul 14, 2003, 9:44 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
A few minutes ago I got the usual follow-up call ("do you want to turn your test subscription into a longterm one ? We offer you a € 50 voucher for a six month subscription..."). No thanks, I only go after LH miles
Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:25 pm

Still no invoice...
I am going overseas next week. Nobody will be here to pay my bill!
Seriously, is this normal???
Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
If you would like a invoice soon, I'm sure that a telephone call would speed the process.

I had my invoice by the end of the second week of the subscription. They are not hurrying with you it seems. Be happy

Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 9V-SMM:
Still no invoice...
I am going overseas next week. Nobody will be here to pay my bill!
Seriously, is this normal???
</font>
Haven't you received a "thank you" letter from them ? If so, you can find their account#/BLZ in the footer. Just make a transfer to that account quoting your Kundennummer and you should be fine.

Absik001
Old Jul 16, 2003, 11:25 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Has anyone been able to get this offer to credit more than once to the same M&M account. I would rather put the miles of my girlfriends's trial into my account rather than her's....
Old Jul 18, 2003, 3:42 am

How long did it take from ordering til first delivery? I ordered ten days ago and got nothing yet.
I guess theyīre observing the two weeks requirement from the Haustuergeschaeftewiderrufsgesetz.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 7:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Airsicknessbag:

How long did it take from ordering til first delivery? I ordered ten days ago and got nothing yet.
I guess theyīre observing the two weeks requirement from the Haustuergeschaeftewiderrufsgesetz.
</font>
If I remember correctly, for me it took 15 days after ordering.

--Grog--
Old Jul 23, 2003, 4:37 am
In Memoriam

Do these vouchers in some way already carry your name on it or do you need to fill them out ? Is there any fine print saying something like not transferable ?
Old Jul 23, 2003, 5:20 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
No, bernie, they do not come with your name on it, you have to fill them out (incl. your M&M card number). But there are several numbers printed on the voucher though (voucher number etc.). But I am pretty sure that the fine print didn't state a "non-transferable" rule.

[This message has been edited by ngfan (edited 07-23-2003).]
Old Jul 23, 2003, 5:24 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Grog:
If I remember correctly, for me it took 15 days after ordering.

--Grog--
</font>
I am still waiting...
Old Jul 23, 2003, 6:13 am

transfer is no problem.

i sold about 10 vouchers on ebay the other month and it all worked out nicely. all the miles were perfectly credited.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 7:19 am

OK, if anyone is interested in my timeline:

Ordered: July 7
delivery started: July 21
voucher sent out: July 21, received July 22 (via registered mail/Uebergabeeinschreiben)
bill: not yet.

The fine print says the voucher is not transferrable to any other person than the one specified on the voucher. However that field is still left blank.

I apologise if this has been answered before, but have you made experiences with the following scenario: more than one person orders the subscription and gets the voucher, but only ONE of these persons "cashes in" ALL the vouchers - possible? That would come handy in a family with many M&M accounts but only one serious collector.

I mean this would effectively be a free flight say Moscow to Faro for 55.60 EUR.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 7:23 am
In Memoriam

Bateman do you think FT the right place to give out information like that. Ever heard, that there is LH people on FT ?
Old Jul 23, 2003, 8:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bernie:
Bateman do you think FT the right place to give out information like that. Ever heard, that there is LH people on FT ?</font>
yes i do - and LH may watch. its a legal trade and LH cannot interfere and -imho- doesnīt care anyway, due to the fact that axel springer and not LH is suffering value. i didnīt fleece anybody to give away vouchers under market price by promotions...

fine print showing that you canīt credit the miles to an account different to the filled in data - there is no general trading prohibition.

in addition a trading prohibition wouldnīt be legally binding.

i often read the fear LH would penalize these and that. anybody really made such an experience - i doubt that.

bernie, please donīt feel offended - just answering your question and stating my humble opinion - also refering to some similar posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.