Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for magazine subscriptions

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 2:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Another morsel of information concerning "Die Welt" subscriptions.

On the phone I also was told that, in order to participate in this trial subscription price, I could not have already subscribed within the last six months and that this is a one-time-only price/mileage offer. (But, of course, we didn't discuss the company's security measures to keep the customer honest.)
Old May 29, 2003, 2:01 am

My voucher arrived yesterday. 5x 1000miles coupons to be filled out and send to M&M centre.

Nice.
Old May 31, 2003, 4:34 am

I received my first issue of "Die Welt" yesterday and a 5000 miles voucher, together with the invoice, today.

Thanks for the tip.
Old May 31, 2003, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
My vouchers also arrived. Thanks steff!

BTW, now that I have the vouchers but haven't sent them in yet, I have a paranoid thought. I live in various places all of which have the lower 100.000 mile SEN qualification level. I used a friend's address to subscribe to Die Welt. Might LH use the submission of these vouchers to impose the 150.000 mile SEN qualification limit on me?
Old Jun 10, 2003, 5:56 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Just called them and successfully ordered the trial subscription (provided my M&M number for the 5000 miles). Seems as they get bombarded with this thing as the lady very explictly asked me where I got the info (Where ? Ah, on a LH flight ? Aha, and where did you find the ad there ?). But thanks to this info...:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by steff:
Hi,

on my last flight I found this offer on the napkin under my drink...
</font>
...I was well prepared
Old Jun 10, 2003, 6:19 am

Programs: LH SEN
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ngfan:
....Seems as they get bombarded with this thing as the lady very explictly asked me where I got the info (Where ? Ah, on a LH flight ? Aha, and where did you find the ad there ?). But thanks to this info...:

...I was well prepared
</font>

Same here, but I ordered "Die Welt" before I post this offer here. The miles are already on my account.
Old Jun 29, 2003, 1:39 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Received the certificate last week and mailed it immediately on tuesday. Posted Thursday. Received the Invoice on Saturday: only 13,64 EUR. It also states that the subscription end July 15 if I don't specifically renew it by calling another 0800 number. Having a problem disposing of the WELT everyday since I don't like reading it... first used to put it in the letter box of neighbours, then left it at the doctors and other waiting places. Maybe WELT will give a few more miles for spreading their paper?

Regards Oliver
Old Jun 29, 2003, 2:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by oliver2002:
Received the certificate last week and mailed it immediately on tuesday. Posted Thursday. Received the Invoice on Saturday: only 13,64 EUR. It also states that the subscription end July 15 if I don't specifically renew it by calling another 0800 number...</font>
I'm feeling guilty -- I, too, expected the bill to be 26 Eurocents higher! And, the fact that it automatically cancels was a nice touch.

--Grog--
Old Jun 30, 2003, 4:38 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Grog:
I'm feeling guilty -- I, too, expected the bill to be 26 Eurocents higher! And, the fact that it automatically cancels was a nice touch.

--Grog--
</font>
I have already paid 54,56 EUR for the first 4 descriptions !! Now I ordered for the rest of my family ( all in all a big family ) !!! I hope I will end up with around 12 vouchers each 5k = 60 K for a total of around 165 EURO !
The most newspapers I spent to the school, where they are read by many persons !!!!

Old Jul 1, 2003, 12:18 pm

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, IC Amb
Just got an invoice for just 12,87 EUR. Great to save a few cents, but hope that it will work with the miles.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 2:12 pm

I have gotten the voucher and I have been receiving the paper for about 2 weeks. Still no invoice! Is this normal, or have they "forgotten" me? Or is the letter with the voucher supposed to be the invoice? Really doesnt look like it!
Cheers
Old Jul 2, 2003, 4:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 9V-SMM:
I have gotten the voucher and I have been receiving the paper for about 2 weeks. Still no invoice! Is this normal, or have they "forgotten" me? Or is the letter with the voucher supposed to be the invoice? Really doesnt look like it!
Cheers
</font>
It's really funny how they handle this thing. I know people who got the voucher before the invoice (like you) as an "Einschreiben" or just normal snail mail whereas I got the invoice first. BTW, my invoice was several cents over 14 EUR. The amount depends on the number of copies you receive. Still a good deal for me
Old Jul 4, 2003, 11:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 9V-SMM:
Cheers
</font>
I had been receiving the paper for about a week, then received the voucher from DIE WELT Vertriebsabteilung. A week and a half after that, I received the invoice from Axel Springer Verlag. So, I think all is normal for you so far...

--Grog--
Old Jul 7, 2003, 6:37 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Hello,
I just signed up for the WELT promo. Interestingly, the friendly woman asked from where I knew about it. I remembered steff's post and told something about a flight. Seems to be a "soft" targeted promo...
For the next weeks I would have the choice between FAZ, ZEIT and WELT if there only was enough time...
Old Jul 9, 2003, 11:20 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I am not sure that if this had been previously mentioned, but if you actually chose to subscribe to the paper for one year they will give you 10,000 miles. Not nearly as good as what you get for two weeks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.