Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for magazine subscriptions

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2003, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
My German friend signed me up. He was told that we have to phone back after four weeks to cancel. He was also told that the miles will not be posted directly, but rather that I will be sent a certificate that needs to be sent to LH. The latter sounds unlikely to me. Perhaps the agent didn't explain clearly and my friend didn't understand correctly.

Has anyone else been told anything like this?
Old May 19, 2003, 11:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zvezda:
My German friend signed me up. He was told that we have to phone back after four weeks to cancel. He was also told that the miles will not be posted directly, but rather that I will be sent a certificate that needs to be sent to LH. The latter sounds unlikely to me. Perhaps the agent didn't explain clearly and my friend didn't understand correctly.

Has anyone else been told anything like this?
</font>

Getting a certificate is not unusual.
Old May 19, 2003, 11:10 pm

If you get a certificate then shouldnt you be able to do this more than once? I got one once and my number and name was not yet printed in there (that was for a DIE ZEIT-subscription).
Old May 20, 2003, 2:14 am
koe

Programs: LH SEN
The use of these vouchers is normal. When I had a Financial Times subscription I got a 500 miles voucher each month. I had to fill in my M&M number and details and send it to LH M&M. I quess I could have used it to get the miles credited to any other M&M account as well. But there was a serial number on the voucher....
Old May 20, 2003, 5:03 am

I just signed up, but she didn't say anything about the 13,xx EUR, even though I asked for the conditions.And how do they know, I didn't give them a random name and address and their invoice would end up nowhere?!

Maybe there will be a nice surprise

Old May 20, 2003, 5:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Max!:
I just signed up, but she didn't say anything about the 13,xx EUR, even though I asked for the conditions.And how do they know, I didn't give them a random name and address and their invoice would end up nowhere?!

Maybe there will be a nice surprise

</font>
And how do you think will you get your miles ? Can be a nice surprise, too ...

Old May 20, 2003, 5:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Berki:
And how do you think will you get your miles ? Can be a nice surprise, too ...

</font>
Of course I gave them my M&M number . But as far as I understand this is not worth much for paying, isn't it?
Why wouldn't you ask for a cc# or a bank account, while you have the chance. This way, they might need to contact Lufthansa if something goes wrong or they send papers for 4 weeks into neverland and nobody cares.
It just doesn't seem to be very efficient!

But - more power to them!
Old May 20, 2003, 5:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Max!:
Of course I gave them my M&M number</font>
Yeah, that's really smart
Old May 20, 2003, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
On visiting the website, there are a whole host of combinations possible: miles for a short subscription, miles for refering a new subscriber, miles for student subscriptions. (however, nothing as lucrative as the offer that Steff posted)

Most of the offers are open to worldwide delivery of the newspaper (at about twice the price of German delivery); the only catch is that all of the offers require delivery of the miles coupon to be to a German address.

--Grog--

P.S. I could help arrange a German address you could use for the miles coupon--but the onward-forwarding would be a risky prospect for you, if there's no name/M&M number on the coupon...
Old May 23, 2003, 2:10 am

I dont know if it works. I ordered the newspaper a few days ago, they didnt send me a letter, confirmation or anything,
Old May 23, 2003, 2:27 am

When I called last week they said it would take about 14 days for the delivery to start. They would send a bill after that.
Old May 26, 2003, 12:49 am

My first issue arrived on Saturday.

Absik001
Old May 26, 2003, 8:07 am

M&M offers on eBay.de

[This message has been edited by Patron (edited 05-26-2003).]
Old May 26, 2003, 9:51 am

Programs: LH SEN
M&M offers on eBay.de

[This message has been edited by Patron (edited 05-26-2003).]
Old May 27, 2003, 1:38 am

This is just unbelievable...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.