Special F/HON Services at different airports

Reply

Old Dec 18, 12, 5:39 am
  #526  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Why can't they provide PA assistance for arriving F/HON pax in FRA instead? To help avoid unnecessary transfer security, facilitate (arrival) lounge access to which they are entitled, direct them to connecting flights, etc.? Better than useless PA assistance in many outstations.
Not always- however if there was a way to request a PA in the event of a very tight connection for example- that would be a very valuable service.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 12, 6:56 am
  #527  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 34,767
Well, the 'real' F pax I have travelled with (eg a CEO of a big indian corporation) had booked a PA from Fraport to get him where he wanted. If you pay 4000+ for a F ticket you can afford that or a LH Guide, which costs less than 50. I have booked the latter a few times, can only recommend it, well worth the little cash. My in laws made a 20 min connection in FRA without speaking a word of english or german. I booked a Finnish speaking guide
oliver2002 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 12, 8:43 am
  #528  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BSL/FRA or ORD/SBN
Programs: LH Miles and More, KE Skypass, DL SkyMiles, Starwood
Posts: 2,256
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
...or a LH Guide, which costs less than 50. I have booked the latter a few times, can only recommend it, well worth the little cash...
How do you do book a Guide? I am sending my 84-year-old mother from ORD to VIE (via FRA), and it would be wonderful to make sure she had someone to guide her through FRA. 50 is chump change compared to an aggravated mother...
N1003U is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 12, 9:05 am
  #529  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: STR
Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL->Gold, HH D
Posts: 543
Originally Posted by N1003U View Post
How do you do book a Guide? I am sending my 84-year-old mother from ORD to VIE (via FRA), and it would be wonderful to make sure she had someone to guide her through FRA. 50 is chump change compared to an aggravated mother...
You should be able to find detailed information as well as a downloadable pdf here: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lufth...Family-Service

HTH
Hippo72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 12, 9:38 am
  #530  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BSL/FRA or ORD/SBN
Programs: LH Miles and More, KE Skypass, DL SkyMiles, Starwood
Posts: 2,256
Originally Posted by Hippo72 View Post
You should be able to find detailed information as well as a downloadable pdf here: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lufth...Family-Service

HTH
Thanks!
N1003U is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 12, 11:25 am
  #531  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MUC
Programs: black is magic
Posts: 865
Has anyone been to EZE lately and can comment about arrival/departure help. It will be my first time there.
Thomas_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 12, 11:39 am
  #532  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX HON, FB Plat, AB Gold, BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Posts: 437
Originally Posted by Thomas_B View Post
Has anyone been to EZE lately and can comment about arrival/departure help. It will be my first time there.
very easy airport. if you arrive with LH and have a european passport you should be very quick through (no help required in my view)
HKG1111 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 12, 12:28 pm
  #533  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Posts: 2,686
I flew in F out of SFO and was offered escort through security and to the lounge at check in. The agent walked me to the head of the TSA line and then right up to be #1 at the scanners. Sweet. The TSA commented to my escort the LB is really the only carrier out of SFO that offers this. Was really sweet.
1K-SFO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 12, 2:59 am
  #534  
DUS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Garden of England
Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 407
FYI only.....

Arriving in SGN a PA picked me up at the plan, accompanied me to the VoA booth, arranged my visa very swiftly by "jumping the queue", took me through immigration (using the VIP/Diplomats gate) and another PA was already waiting downstairs for me with my luggage. He then accompanied me to a taxi and made sure the driver knew my hotel etc. Was a very nice experience!

DUS
DUS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 12, 6:21 am
  #535  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Bronze
Posts: 2,128
MCO yesterday: guy waiting in the airbridge, said "will see you after customs". Never saw him again, having passed immigration and customs some 45 min later...

FRA pick up was late, apparently there had been a last minute apron position change. At least it wasn't raining. Driver rang ahead to FCL B to inform of another pax with a short connection, so as to have his car to Z ready.

No issue with B passport control letting us through with Z BPs. No queues either!
MichielR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 12, 2:09 am
  #536  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DUS
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 430
MIA: any experiences lately?

I have not been there for about a year. Last time there was no PA at departure. At arrival there was a good service. Any experiences lately?
Thanks very much.
shipsmail is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 12, 3:47 am
  #537  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,069
Originally Posted by shipsmail View Post
I have not been there for about a year. Last time there was no PA at departure. At arrival there was a good service. Any experiences lately?
Thanks very much.
At arrival PA will wait after jet bridge , but useless as they can not take you through immigration.
Departure the will take you and jump security line.
seat 1a is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 13, 5:17 pm
  #538  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX HON, FB Plat, AB Gold, BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Posts: 437
No HON or F Class PA this morning in PEK arriving on LX196. I think this PA service is really getting a joke, lottery or however you want to call it.
HKG1111 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 13, 2:14 am
  #539  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
Originally Posted by HKG1111 View Post
No HON or F Class PA this morning in PEK arriving on LX196. I think this PA service is really getting a joke, lottery or however you want to call it.
Do send a message to LX customer service- as this is marketed as a service provided.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 13, 7:37 am
  #540  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DUS
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 430
Originally Posted by seat 1a View Post
At arrival PA will wait after jet bridge , but useless as they can not take you through immigration.
Departure the will take you and jump security line.
Yes, useless. Especially when they have now 10 names on their board, because all F class passenger and additionally the HONs in C and Y now get this "service".
shipsmail is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread