Special F/HON Services at different airports

Reply

Old Feb 4, 05, 4:28 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: bella italia
Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Posts: 633
Post Special F/HON Services at different airports

I've just experienced the new service for HON Circle members in DXB:
Nice young ladies in yellow uniforms are waiting for you directely at the arrival gate and are guiding you (incl. caddy) via fast tracks to the exit. Very friendly and quick.
Same procedure when departing vom DXB. Personal escort, caddies and choice of lounges.

Are there similar experiences from other int'l. airports?
SenAOI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 05, 6:09 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Sixt, Hertz, Europcar
Posts: 182
At JFK they also had a personal assistant. No real fasttrack, though, as you had to queue with everybody else at immigrations. But they helped with the luggage and everything.

Same would have been available when departing.

For the transfer from A to B or v.v. at FRA they told me a service would be available from March. I dread the tunnel....
berenike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 05, 10:07 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: IST - NYC
Posts: 776
At BKK they also had an assitant plus someone for the cabin luggage.
Immigration is fast track - but this is also standard for F pax - was however suprised to get the treatment upon arrival from MUC in C - they will come with you to your limousine / taxi outside the terminal. Simply wonderful !
vivamuci is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 05, 10:10 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: LH HON Circle, SQ PPS, BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, ShangriLa Elite
Posts: 72
arrival NRT and BKK: personal assistance helped through immigration and assisted during/after baggage delivery.

departure HKG: personal escort through immigration. I was a bit late but I think I would also have managed 2 go 2 the gates alone and be there on time. Anyway, I appreciated the help (maybe LH wanted 2 ensure that I go directly 2 the gate and don't stop 4 shopping ...).
TanteKaethe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 05, 12:15 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: bella italia
Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Posts: 633
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by berenike
At JFK they also had a personal assistant. No real fasttrack, though, as you had to queue with everybody else at immigrations. But they helped with the luggage and everything.

Same would have been available when departing.

For the transfer from A to B or v.v. at FRA they told me a service would be available from March. I dread the tunnel....
That would be absolutely great. I hate the way from A to B by tunnel as well.
If that comes: LH
SenAOI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 05, 3:15 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CH / D
Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Posts: 7,050
The dreaded tunnel - walkway in my direction was not working last time I was there and I was still have asleep at 6:15 AM and had a 6:35 AM flight to DUS to catch...Morning exercise, that's why they do not need a gym with treadmills iin the new F lounges...
flamboyant 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 05, 8:48 am
  #7  
Uli
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: FRA
Posts: 2,146
HON Service at HKG

on arrival and depature guidance by an indiviual HON assistant.
caddy service on arrival if requested in advance, on departure if you ask at check-in
VIP channel at immigrations, no waiting at all.
Uli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 05, 11:09 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Posts: 583
Arrival in VIE:
PA walked with me (and gave me a hand with my luggage) to the departure gate of my next connection flight.

Arrival KUL:
PA walked with me (and gave me a hand with my luggage) to the Skytrain and made the ride to the next terminal where he went with me through Immigration (with fast track!).
Dennis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 07, 3:17 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NUE
Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
Posts: 139
Special HON Services at different airports

After having enjoyed the personal assistant in DXB two weeks ago (which saves a lot of time if you arrive there at night) I was wondering if LH/LX have similar services at other airports. I'm flying to SVO next week and at this airport it would be most appreciated. :-(

Any ideas, I couldn't find anything on the HON pages
pokeshot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 07, 10:55 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 1,482
Originally Posted by pokeshot View Post
After having enjoyed the personal assistant in DXB two weeks ago (which saves a lot of time if you arrive there at night) I was wondering if LH/LX have similar services at other airports. I'm flying to SVO next week and at this airport it would be most appreciated. :-(

Any ideas, I couldn't find anything on the HON pages

My experience:

TLV - personal escort on arrival and departure, access to first class lounge
LHR - NEW FROM 1ST SEPTEMBER - on departure escort to security and fasttrack through security (amazing)
YVR - personal escort on arrival and departure, luggage unloaded immediately, out within 5 mins including luggage!
JFK - personal escort
CLT - personal escort and security fastrack
probably some others I forgot


All other (inc most Europe outside of FRA/MUC/VIE/ZRH/GVA) - not much.
2035 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 07, 11:47 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: STR and the rest of EMEA
Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Posts: 717
Originally Posted by 2035 View Post
My experience:

TLV - personal escort on arrival and departure, access to first class lounge
LHR - NEW FROM 1ST SEPTEMBER - on departure escort to security and fasttrack through security (amazing)
YVR - personal escort on arrival and departure, luggage unloaded immediately, out within 5 mins including luggage!
JFK - personal escort
CLT - personal escort and security fastrack
probably some others I forgot


All other (inc most Europe outside of FRA/MUC/VIE/ZRH/GVA) - not much.
some additions

JNB - personal escort on arrival and departure, access to virgin lounge
RUH - personal escort on arrival and departure, access to crappy lounge
AOI - Fiat service to the plane
alfahund is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 07, 10:48 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: UK countryside
Posts: 1,019
Well my experiences so far (HON for a couple months) involve escort on departure in LAX, ZRH, JNB but no departure service in LHR, SVO or GVA.

No arrival service ANYWHERE so far. This includes at least 5 arrivals on both LH and LX in Moscow (SVO and DME) so it can't just be a one-off.
AndrewC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 07, 4:01 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: BTS/VIE
Programs: LH FTL, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,179
Originally Posted by 2035 View Post

All other (inc most Europe outside of FRA/MUC/VIE/ZRH/GVA) - not much.
Can confirm VIE. Arrived in C from MUC last Saturday after flying SFO-MUC in F, and was told the car pickup on tarmac is for HONs only and not F pax. Got on the bus and after coming to the luggage belt I saw the 2 HONs waiting there for their suitcases (it took another 15-20 minutes for the belt to start rolling), so no fasttrack for HONs in VIE definitely.
whiskey_sk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 07, 3:33 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MUC
Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
Well my experiences so far (HON for a couple months) involve escort on departure in LAX, ZRH, JNB but no departure service in LHR, SVO or GVA.
Well at least in GVA they do the departure service (escorting to limo, direct to a/c) for the JFK-flight. enjoyed that last week.
muc_flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 07, 4:30 am
  #15  
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SZG, Austria
Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Posts: 33,194
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk View Post
Can confirm VIE. Arrived in C from MUC last Saturday after flying SFO-MUC in F, and was told the car pickup on tarmac is for HONs only and not F pax. Got on the bus and after coming to the luggage belt I saw the 2 HONs waiting there for their suitcases (it took another 15-20 minutes for the belt to start rolling), so no fasttrack for HONs in VIE definitely.
VIE is not really ready for HONs. I know an HON, wich is based at Salzburg and he was on the same way SZG-VIE-BRU as I. The HON got a limousine transfer to the Bus arrival gate and I got a direct transfer to the gate/plane !! When the HON boarded the plane, we both looked surprised, because I got the direct transfer and the HON not.
szg is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread