Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anybody know what rules LH currently applies to seat-blocking? I booked an intra-Europe flight with LH in Eco and upgraded the outbound using the bid-program and the inbound by paying the fixed upgrade offer. When I had seats in Eco I could select only the regular seats for free, and when I did, the seat next to me stayed open. After the upgrade, when selecting a seat, the other seat in business in that row went to blocked and could not be reserved anymore. I purchased the upgrades mostly because I no longer have any *A status and wanted lounge access plus since both are late flights, to be out of the plane as quickly as I can. So no status comes into play here. However before the changeover I had 2 status stars - would that be a reason why LH is blocking neighboring seats in Business, or do you have any other idea why this happens? Just curious why this happens...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by djohannw
Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anybody know what rules LH currently applies to seat-blocking? I booked an intra-Europe flight with LH in Eco and upgraded the outbound using the bid-program and the inbound by paying the fixed upgrade offer. When I had seats in Eco I could select only the regular seats for free, and when I did, the seat next to me stayed open. After the upgrade, when selecting a seat, the other seat in business in that row went to blocked and could not be reserved anymore. I purchased the upgrades mostly because I no longer have any *A status and wanted lounge access plus since both are late flights, to be out of the plane as quickly as I can. So no status comes into play here. However before the changeover I had 2 status stars - would that be a reason why LH is blocking neighboring seats in Business, or do you have any other idea why this happens? Just curious why this happens...

Greetings - Dirk
lufthansa uses ALTEA, the same system BAs fly is based on. ALTEA seat blocks will kick in 72 hours before departure. BA seat block based on status. LH appear to be some combination ofcstays and fare paid.

If your blocks are more than 72 hours before departure then I have no idea
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: aa dl wn
A330 (version3) 'second ' business class cabin rows 10-11. Does anyone have any thoughts about pros /cons on the smaller second section of the LH A 330 Business cabin- with just 2 rows of seats. Long Haul Flight DFW FRA. I like a smaller, more intimate cabin in general.
I read complaints about warm cabins on LH equipment, is that really a problem ? (we run hot). I have the choice of forward section or aft section of this Biz class cabin. As an av-geek, I love to sit closer to the rear section to observe the service. Any advantages to the middle 2 seats? Does anyone know the order of service for meals- such as Odd flight numbers start at front to back and Even number flights start service back to front, etc? Thank you all so much for your reading this and kind responses.

Last edited by c2hubbard; Apr 5, 2024 at 11:32 am
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by c2hubbard
A330 (version3) 'second ' business class cabin rows 10-11. Does anyone have any thoughts about pros /cons on the smaller second section of the LH A 330 Business cabin- with just 2 rows of seats. Long Haul Flight DFW FRA. I like a smaller, more intimate cabin in general.
I read complaints about warm cabins on LH equipment, is that really a problem ? (we run hot). I have the choice of forward section or aft section of this Biz class cabin. As an av-geek, I love to sit closer to the rear section to observe the service. Any advantages to the middle 2 seats? Does anyone know the order of service for meals- such as Odd flight numbers start at front to back and Even number flights start service back to front, etc? Thank you all so much for your reading this and kind responses.
The difference is not that big, 2 rows in the second cabin vs 5 in the main one. Personally I'd go for the front, but that's more becaus of a habit as it makes a difference on Boeing twins than Airbuses due to the engine noise.

Middle pair will allow both pax aisle access, no need to step over the neighbor as is required for the window seats. Middle pair also has the "footsie" layout but if traveling with your partner that's obviously not an issue.

Temperatures can be high indeed so don't wear warm sweaters.
c2hubbard likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.