Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
May I ask if these overhead bins are big enough to fit a standard carry on? I have medical equipment that must not be gate checked. Thanks. I will travel in economy on OS.
No, unless your standard is very small.
The bag will not be gate checked, it will be taken from you at the airplane door and given to you at the airplane door.

If you can't part from it even that way, I recommend getting something smaller, like a backpack. That you will be able to take on board and stow under the seat in front of you.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Chase, United
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
May I ask if these overhead bins are big enough to fit a standard carry on? I have medical equipment that must not be gate checked. Thanks. I will travel in economy on OS.
I think there might be rules about U.S. airlines having to accommodate medical equipment, and while I don't know about elsewhere, I think a lot of airlines of policies that dictate it should be taken on board. I would try to figure out how to get through to OS to ask, and best case get a print out of a policy to bring with you. I'm not sure if that's possible, but might help and give peace of mind. Good luck!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Medical devices have to be transported in accordance to the handbaggage rules. More here: https://www.austrian.com/Info/Flying..._lang=en&cc=US
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:20 am

Thank you for your replies. The overhead bins were indeed big enough to accommodate standard size carry-on luggage. However, anything bigger will not fit. Also, there was not enough overhead bin space for everybody.

By the way, I did call Austrian airlines. the phone agent was not sympathetic about bringing medical equipment.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:32 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I have experienced a seat assignment poltergeist.

A family member is traveling long-haul today. I used the check-in process to update the seat assignment from aisle to window. This was 25 hours before departure. I did not check in since I am not able to print a boarding pass and give it to the traveler. Besides that there are bags to check.

I checked 9 hours later for better options and his seat had been moved. So I moved it to a window again. I repeated the process to be sure that the assignment stuck.

I checked a few hours later. Again the seat had been moved! I moved it back to the window.

I just checked one last time. Now he has a middle seat!

What is going on here? It's a V fare if that matters. What should he ask at the airport?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

If you don't complete the checkin the altea theorectical seating can move the unassigned passenger around.

More detail here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47N5upzhjEI&feature=youtu.be

There is no harm in checking in and sending the boarding pass via the mobile text message or email. You don't have to print it. They can also reprint the BP at the airport.
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:00 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you don't complete the checkin the altea theorectical seating can move the unassigned passenger around.
Thanks. If only the web page could inform the customer "Your seat is not actually reserved and subject to change until you complete check-in".

A nice gate agent found a window seat, rescuing LH from its website design error.

Edited to add: Althea is a good name for a poltergeist.

Last edited by nsx; Aug 29, 2019 at 5:14 pm
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Traveling with my wife on an A333 - what’s better, row 3 or row 10? Both window/aisle. It’s a daytime flight FRA-BOS so sleep is less important but I am noise sensitive (e.g, galley sounds drive me crazy when trying to rest).
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
first time flying OS.................do others who have tried mobile check-in not receive a boarding pass for the USA-VIE flight, but do receive a boarding pass for VIE-XXX? Thought that was strange.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Looking at a seat map for the 28J version of the LH Airbus 343, for 2 economy seats. I see row 16 (both A/C and H/K) are marked as having extra legroom on LH, and seatguru also says they "may have extra legroom due to the position of the bulkhead."

Sounds great but I've had a number of seats where maybe there's a couple extra inches to the bulkhead but you can't actually extend your legs nearly as much as you can under a seat, and it matters to me because I'm tall and have a few leg joint problems on top.

Is this a hard bulkhead in front, or just a curtain? Does anyone have any idea how much extra legroom these seats have? Many thanks for any help.

FTF
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question Difference between standard and paid exit row?

I tried to search for the answer to this here in the forum but couldn't find the answer so am asking here:

Why is row 11 considered a paid exit row seat whereas row 12 is a standard seat? It seems both are emergency exits.

Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Weird. Especially when you consider that row 11 has no or maybe no recline. The official A32V seatmap has the same information:

Old May 11, 2021, 6:45 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Looking at LH493 in July, YVR too FRA. Seatguru says this A343 has 2-2-2 in J.

The middle 2 seats look like it dovetails towards each other so their feet and legs would approach? So they're better-suited for couples while the window pairs are more straightforward?

Must be a pretty old cabin?

So for people who don't want to play footsies with strangers, choose one of the seats near the windows?
Old May 11, 2021, 10:34 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Another question, LH has A350 flights between SFO and MUC and FRA, nonstop, scheduled this summer.

The business cabins on those are 2-2-2? Surprising that it's not aisle access for every seat in a more recent cabin/plane.

Unless the window seats can get to the aisle easily?
Old May 11, 2021, 10:39 pm

This is the standard LH fitout, you'll find it across the entire fleet.

Newer J seats were to be introduced with 77X deliveries. Now with that programs delays we might see it on other airframes first, but certainly not any time soon.

Middle seats get you aisle access but you have the feet together thing, though there is a decent divider in the footrest.

Window seats you can get out easily when the aisle seat is upright, you have to jump over when it's flat.

Given the age of the seats any bloggers review from the last 5+ years will tell you all you need to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.