Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Klausa and NewbieRunner

Thank you very much for your input.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by salty749
So is this a similar situation with row 84 on the 744? I'm trying to decide between row 83 vs. 84. The increased foot-well room in 84 is a plus but those monitors look pretty close together....
On the upper deck of the 744 the seats are arranged like this: \\ _ // instead of / \ _ / \ as on the 748i.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA GOLD (1MM)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
On the upper deck of the 744 the seats are arranged like this: \\ _ // instead of / \ _ / \ as on the 748i.
Right - I've been scouring the web looking for a photos of that row (84) to help us decide but as of yet haven't been successful - was hoping someone here would have some personal experience/advice for us

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:24 pm

Flying the A380, LH441, next week. Are there bassinet seats in Premium economy?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Best business class seats on LH 747

I did a quick search and I couldn't find anything. Does anyone have any recommendations for lower deck business for LH 747? There seems to be a 4D seat that appears to be by itself. Also unlike United where Global first has only 1A &K upfront, LH has 4 biz seats in the narrow section.

I have taken 15A (my usual 13A was taken) in Busfirst sfo-fra but outbound from FRA im on a LH 747 and I have never been on that. Any input would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Bruin1K
I did a quick search and I couldn't find anything. Does anyone have any recommendations for lower deck business for LH 747? There seems to be a 4D seat that appears to be by itself. Also unlike United where Global first has only 1A &K upfront, LH has 4 biz seats in the narrow section.

I have taken 15A (my usual 13A was taken) in Busfirst sfo-fra but outbound from FRA im on a LH 747 and I have never been on that. Any input would be much appreciated.
As you have already found 4D is the only single Business seat on the 747 and probably the best if you don't mind not being in a window seat.

Why are you comparing United's Global First and LH's Business cabins? Although LH's 747 no longer has First Class, the 748i has only 1A/K upfront on the lower deck.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:41 am

Thanks for the info.
I initially had posted this in the UA forum and the mod moved it here hence the united reference. My upcoming travel is in J in both UA and LH and they are both 747s
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bruin1K
I initially had posted this in the UA forum and the mod moved it here hence the united reference. My upcoming travel is in J in both UA and LH and they are both 747s
Yes, I noticed the post had been moved (correctly) to this forum. My point was why you were comparing Global First with LH Business and not Global First with LH First.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, I noticed the post had been moved (correctly) to this forum. My point was why you were comparing Global First with LH Business and not Global First with LH First.
No I was comparing nose of the two 747s. My point was at the tip of untied global first has only two seats but Lh business, has 4 seats since there is no first class. So I wNted to know how congested it was
And if there is privacy. I remember when I was in GF 1A I could see 1K without turning around
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:06 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Any recommendations for the best Y rows in the A330-300 v3? I'm in 28K at the moment, and a lot of the Y cabin is blocked for HON/SEN, so would love to have any recommendations you might have about the different rows in this version. Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Hi all, difficult to find, so apologies if already asked/answered.

Wife and I are flying MUC-ORD on an A340-600 and looks like there are open seats 38H-K across the aisle from the staircase. Otherwise, going back to row 45+, which wouldn't be an issue.

Question is if it is particularly disruptive to be sitting in such close proximity to the staircase. I understand there is a lavatory down there, but not sure if that's the primary lav in the area of the plane, or if it is typically not very often used. As mentioned above, no issues moving behind the galley if it will likely be a more peaceful experience.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
There are about 4 or 5 lavatories down there, so yes, I would consider it the primary lavatory area. I would move back to the bit where the middle section narrows from 4 to 3 seats in the middle. Plenty of leg space available there.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:38 am

There has been some discussion on the seats close to the stairs to the downstairs lavs on the A346. Check this post for example. The photo links in the post may be broken but here is another one which clearly shows H/K seats next to the stairs.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Thank you, Oliver2002 and NewbieRunner! Just what I wanted to know.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but if not, feel free to split or move this post.

What's with OS blocking seats in Business on short haul flights? I have a FRA-VIE booked on an E195 in December as part of a bigger booking and there are 3 rows of business but all seats are blocked. I've seen this with OS before when I booked with them last year but I wonder why they do it. Last year, the facebook team managed to get a seat opened up for me but this year they say they can't do anything. OS explicitly list free advanced seat reservations as one of the benefits of Business but then won't let you choose one. They did open up row 4 for a while and I selected a seat there but now the curtain has moved again and row 4 is back to economy with all seats in business blocked again.

Does anyone know what's going on here and if there's any way to get seats unblocked for pre-selection?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.