Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
I "discovered" the seat map feature of expertflyer and noticed LH "blocks" quite a few seats in Business, eg on LH404 on 7/25

Why is that?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
On the app when clicking on the seat in my booking it says
"
We are sorry.

Unfortunately, seat reservations are not possible. Exemptions may apply to travelling HON Circle Members and Senators."

I am no longer a SEN so not applicable. Weird though given we are in business
There has been a suggestion elsewhere in this forum that this is a glitch.

LH Lurkers also suggested in this post contacting the Technical Support Team.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:32 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
I "discovered" the seat map feature of expertflyer and noticed LH "blocks" quite a few seats in Business, eg on LH404 on 7/25

Why is that?
I'm not sure if I describe this "quite a few" but I do know rows 81 and 82 on the upper deck are blocked for SEN/HON and probably row 4 on the main deck as well. 10AC and 10EF are probably bassinet seats. There may also be seats blocked for handicapped passengers (7G, 8G?).

Check the Amadeus seatmap posted by oliver2002 here. You get the idea.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AZ CFP, O6 Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
748i J seats

Looking for advice for 748i J seats (FRA-BOS).

Main priority is faster deplaning (to get to immigration).

- Is upper deck boarding through the front Exit door (betwen 83-84), or down the stairs?
- Is main deck boarding through FC door or 'main' door (middle galley).

Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by erang
Looking for advice for 748i J seats (FRA-BOS).

Main priority is faster deplaning (to get to immigration).

- Is upper deck boarding through the front Exit door (betwen 83-84), or down the stairs?
- Is main deck boarding through FC door or 'main' door (middle galley).

Thanks!
Boarding is always downstairs, but the FAs typically make sure that F and C passengers (including those on the upper deck), may deplane first.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
Boarding is always downstairs, but the FAs typically make sure that F and C passengers (including those on the upper deck), may deplane first.
Thanks!

I think I'll go with 84K- I never chose a Window seat (unless it has unrestricted aisle access, but like the idea of upper deck. Also seems that the bulkhead in front of 84 may make it easier to access the aisle without interrupting 84H.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by erang
I think I'll go with 84K- I never chose a Window seat (unless it has unrestricted aisle access, but like the idea of upper deck. Also seems that the bulkhead in front of 84 may make it easier to access the aisle without interrupting 84H.
Not really. There's a cupboard/shelf with a hole for your feet and it's not very different from other Business seats. Unless you have very long legs and agile you won't be able to access the aisle without disturbing 84H if the seat is reclined.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Not really. There's a cupboard/shelf with a hole for your feet and it's not very different from other Business seats. Unless you have very long legs and agile you won't be able to access the aisle without disturbing 84H if the seat is reclined.
Ah, that's good to know. Hmm. Looks like it's a different seat for me.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:34 am

Do the front rows in the main cabin deplane from the front FC door? Or middle door as 'usual'? (usually don't travel with LH long-haul, hence the newbie questions).
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:03 am

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of row 84 (although I have sat in it) but here is one of 10HK which are "bulkhead" seats on the main deck. 84HK will be similar except that instead of the wall you will be able to see the front section of the cabin.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 12, 2016 at 8:34 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: UA GOLD (1MM)
Unfortunately I don't have a photo of row 84 (although I have sat in it) but here is one of 10HK which are "bulkhead" seats on the main deck. 84HK will be similar except that instead of the wall you will be able to see the front section of the cabin.

So is this a similar situation with row 84 on the 744? I'm trying to decide between row 83 vs. 84. The increased foot-well room in 84 is a plus but those monitors look pretty close together....
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:10 am

I found photos showing row 84 on the 748i on One Mile at a Time.

Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
LH A320 seating

After booking *A business award flights with one segment MAN to MUC, I found out that "business class" seating is front part of economy with middle seat left vacant. Leg room and pitch are same as economy.

We have seats 3A and 3C. Would there be more leg room in first row, or should I keep 3A and 3C? Hoping to get advice from those who have flown this aircraft. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:11 am

First row has more knee room, but you can slide your feet under the seat in front of you.

I like to seat with one of legs over the other, so I always select bulkheads when I can, but I have friends who hate me for that and think that being able to extend their legs under the seat in front is most important, so... your choice :P
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:21 am

In the first row your carry-ons must be stored in the overhead bin for takeoff and landing just like in the exit row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.