Wiki Posts
Search

FRA FCT & FCL catering moves from Do&Co to Käfer [merged feedback]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2023, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Currently in MUC FCL after flying my return to NYC. What a huuuuuge difference to FRA FCT just a few days ago. Sad that the experience varies so much in their hubs. Great delivery from the MUC staff and great food and service.
Yes, the MUC FCL is consistently excellent Hard to believe FRA FCL /T serve the same airline ….
Old May 16, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
This may be a silly question... Why can’t LH use Gate/Gate Gourmet/LSG/whatever they’re now called in FRA? Wouldn’t that likely be cheaper?
Old May 16, 2023, 5:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AFAIK the tender/RFQ for the FCT/FCL in FRA was sent to all and sundry (Do&Co, Gategourmet, Primeclass, Sodexho etc).

In last weeks townhall CS mentioned that complaints about the new operator of the FCL/T in FRA have reached him and that he was told they are being addressed.
Old May 16, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Dia, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
FCL B today, was there for a little over an hour. Almost forgot what a lovely lounge it is. I was the only guest at first, and by the time I left there were 3 or 4 others.

Service from LDs and importantly Käfer dining room team was EXCELLENT. I arrived around 10:45am (menu changes from breakfast to lunch at 11:00am), very smiley, proactive and lovely waitress told me I could have anything from any menu. Perfectly took my order, with menu modifications, and it was delivered quickly. Schnitzel was at least as good as pre-changeover.

Two chefs in and out of the kitchen designing and managing the buffet, making sure everything was perfect. Bigger selection than at FCT previous weeks since changeover.

Was constantly checked up on, staff seemed super happy and even proud to be there. Totally different vibe to FCT on changeover.

I don’t really drink much in lounges as I wait till onboard (and didn’t today at all as it was the AM), so won’t comment on bar.

Absolutely zero complaints from me, very glad to see things heading in the right direction, and importantly the service was fantastic. FCL B is a hidden gem, a sanctuary far away from FCT, I’m so glad it’s back and would absolutely recommend vs FCT when practical and not originating in FRA.

cesco.g, curt, oliver2002 and 13 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: LH SEN
Apologies for hijacking this thread.... I have to spend a couple of hours before my flight FRA-HKG at the airport next week (originating in FRA) and was wondering what the current consensus is of FCT vs. FCL B?
I don't care about having to do security / immigration in terminal 1 vs. driving up to FCT.
What I do care about is where is currently the best place to spend time before the flight?
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FS_FRA
Apologies for hijacking this thread.... I have to spend a couple of hours before my flight FRA-HKG at the airport next week (originating in FRA) and was wondering what the current consensus is of FCT vs. FCL B?
I don't care about having to do security / immigration in terminal 1 vs. driving up to FCT.
What I do care about is where is currently the best place to spend time before the flight?
Since your originating at FRA, it must be FCT because the dedicated security is vastly superior to possible long queues in the main terminal, dedicated PA, you can forget all & leave it up to them, dedicated immigration & you will be driven to the plane when it is ready, F&B & furnishings are the same
FS_FRA likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do&Co seem to be losing a lot of contracts, perhaps by the choice. Where is Do&Co left in Europe except for IST? Warsaw?
Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:27 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Dia, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Champagne in FCL B

Just in case anyone is interested, this is the current champagne selection in FCL B.

Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Good morning from our beloved FCT. I just arrived in FCl connecting at the FCT.

Noticeable improvements: four instead of two champagnes and pretty prompt service.

What stays: lacklustre interactions, inconsistent quality in products and lack of sophistication.

Let me explain:

Buffet is smaller than before but has a smaller selection. Positive: salmon is of very good quality but sits next to a cheese selection of lowest quality. Terrible Camembert, cheap hard cheeses. If you walk two meters, you find another cheese board with excellent cheese including a pretty decent Camembert.

Ordered the new signature burger and asked what happened to the buns with LH logo and I am told the machine is broken.

Ask the supervisor to stop by and ask him what could be improved at my table. Hint: I am alone. Needed to point out that the second set of cutlery and glassware should be cleared and get pushback: most passengers are joined by someone so they don’t clear anymore.

I mention that I am still eating alone but second set is not cleared.

People here are all not native speakers and lack training and experience. Not First Class at all.

Last pet peeve: super tiny champagne glasses. Lack of generosity and no match to the ones on the plane.

There is still a lot of work needed.
chris63, worldclubber and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by vantage03
FCL B today, was there for a little over an hour. Almost forgot what a lovely lounge it is. I was the only guest at first, and by the time I left there were 3 or 4 others.

Service from LDs and importantly Käfer dining room team was EXCELLENT
I have always like the FCLs better than the FCT, glad to hear that things are getting better there. Will probably give it a try in a few weeks instead of ZRH. Hope I won't regret it.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Just in case anyone is interested, this is the current champagne selection in FCL B.

Great to see more choice and that Pol Roger is back.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
I have always like the FCLs better than the FCT, glad to hear that things are getting better there. Will probably give it a try in a few weeks instead of ZRH. Hope I won't regret it.
Other than ZRH, there is MUC, clearly still better than FRA despite no more Louise
Old Jun 24, 2023, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for posting & for NV i do like Pol Roger but for Champagne MUC still does better
Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chris63
Other than ZRH, there is MUC, clearly still better than FRA despite no more Louise
they had Pol Roger in MUC as well this week; not on the menu and first time I saw it.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
they had Pol Roger in MUC as well this week; not on the menu and first time I saw it.
Not last week but another positive for MUC, FRA FCL/FCT need to play catch up with MUC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.