Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA FCT & FCL catering moves from Do&Co to Käfer [merged feedback]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Currently in ZRH/ FCL A. Within the moments that I sat, a staff member approached me, asked if I was alone. Upon confirming that I was traveling alone, a table was cleared of extra set of dishes. Menu brought within a moment. And the rest - business as usual: professional, polite, friendly and above all: with a pride to be doing their job.

I do must admin that staff in FCL/A in FRA today were very good, too. I recognized two of them. So, hope is there…

And to add: attention to details in ZRH is impressive. When guests leave, staff clean and rearrange table set up, aligning glasses with tableware, etc. If there is a wish, there ia a way to deliver top notch service at an airport lounge, without sacrificing one thing for another, whether it is quality of a product, its presentation, its delivery or overall ambiance. And it has nothing to do whether this is being done at a restaurant, airport or train station. What matter is what is promised to be delivered: F class style service (and one actually pays hefty premium for it).
SMK77, chris63, Fabo.sk and 1 others like this.

Last edited by olm022; Jul 29, 2023 at 9:26 am
Old Jul 29, 2023, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
Get a life!
Said the one, who complained about a missing brand on a burger bun.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by olm022
Currently in ZRH/ FCL A. Within the moments that I sat, a staff member approached me, asked if I was alone. Upon confirming that I was traveling alone, a table was cleared of extra set of dishes. Menu brought within a moment. And the rest - business as usual: professional, polite, friendly and above all: with a pride to be doing their job.

I do must admin that staff in FCL/A in FRA today were very good, too. I recognized two of them. So, hope is there…

And to add: attention to details in ZRH is impressive. When guests leave, staff clean and rearrange table set up, aligning glasses with tableware, etc. If there is a wish, there ia a way to deliver top notch service at an airport lounge, without sacrificing one thing for another, whether it is quality of a product, its presentation, its delivery or overall ambiance. And it has nothing to do whether this is being done at a restaurant, airport or train station. What matter is what is promised to be delivered: F class style service (and one actually pays hefty premium for it).
Exactly my point, in ZRH & MUC, currently & even before the Pandemic at the FCL, all was better than FRA, this is LHG, if they can do it at MUC & ZRH…. why not FRA, my choice would have been to give the contract to the MUC providers & ensure they replicate the service there , not rocket science & maybe it cost LH a few € more but given the ticket prices, small price to pay to keep your F pax happy & have a consistent service at LH F lounges

FRA remains far behind MUC FCL service
olm022 and FlyerLX like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
In all sympathy, but please refrain from using Americans as the standard of etiquette. While for sure they know how to make good burgers, almost none of them even know how to correctly hold a glass of wine.
Most people on FT are from the US and the standard of etiquette isn‘t much better in many European countries as well.

In Europe most restaurants by far, who are serving food on the level of quality of the FCT, won‘t place the glass of water at the right place always. In most restaurants, they don‘t even know about the etiquette. Most restaurants are working with students and are happy already, if their staff is coming to work.

I‘ve been at the FCL of NH at HND and of SQ at SIN in the recent months. They are not aware of etiquettes as well. During my time with EY and EK, I got my water often placed on the upper left side as well. And they tried hard to look posh.

But I understand, that someone, who isn‘t used to visit good restaurants and isn‘t brought up on a cultivated level confuses the visit of an airport lounge with something high class. For some people it‘s high class already, if they drink their beer out of a glass or if they supersize their burger menu. It‘s about the etiquette on the bottle of champagne and not about etiquette of manners. You can‘t fly class.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by thbe
But I understand, that someone, who isn‘t used to visit good restaurants and isn‘t brought up on a cultivated level confuses the visit of an airport lounge with something high class. For some people it‘s high class already, if they drink their beer out of a glass or if they supersize their burger menu. It‘s about the etiquette on the bottle of champagne and not about etiquette of manners. You can‘t fly class.
Your condescension is completely misplaced here. It would be great to focus on the discussion and stop looking down on people with your superiority complex. Manners are something high class and judging by that you are not part of that circle.

The point of discussion was service level which is a question of training. Hotels and airlines regularly put a lot of emphasis on this.
Paella747, chris63, flospi and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I‘ve been at the FCL of NH at HND and of SQ at SIN in the recent months. They are not aware of etiquettes as well..
I strongly dispute that observation regarding Singapore Airlines. When you visit the Private Room of SQ in SIN (as direct comparison to the LH FCT), training and etiquette are top notch. I have never had to ask for a place set to be removed. It's just part of their service and training. For regulars, they know your preferences and constantly address you by name.
chris63 and the810 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
. For regulars, they know your preferences and constantly address you by name.
This was the case at FCT pre pandemic & is still like that at ZRH & MUC FCL with those Staff that came back to work

& Your absolutely right, none of these service failures being experienced at FCT would happen at SIN TPR, IME
SMK77 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It‘s about the etiquette on the bottle of champagne and not about etiquette of manners. You can‘t fly class.
Could not agree with you more, your proving your point.
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
So, for all the bashing here, would like to share a positive. It actually starts with a negative: was in the FCT with the family, a bit earlier than my usual last minute arrival, and was told the flight had a technical, resulting in rebooking and 8h total lounge time.
Staff was great (catering as well as LH) during all this wait. Bedrooms came in handy. The lounge was sort of busy when we arrived and emptied over the day. Was one of the (said) busiest days of the year, and granted the main terminal was packed including long queues at the first class check in, nothing of that was felt at the FCT. We had great food and great attention. So, while I would have much preferred to take the flight I had booked, I must say the experience was truly First Class (and I am picky). Left also a comment in the book, which staff appreciates if I read correctly between the lines. As for food, the loup de mer and the vegan option were very nice. Champagne was in good supply, we had some good tasting.
seanp7, chris63, vantage03 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jensens
So, for all the bashing here, would like to share a positive. It actually starts with a negative: was in the FCT with the family, a bit earlier than my usual last minute arrival, and was told the flight had a technical, resulting in rebooking and 8h total lounge time.
Staff was great (catering as well as LH) during all this wait. Bedrooms came in handy. The lounge was sort of busy when we arrived and emptied over the day. Was one of the (said) busiest days of the year, and granted the main terminal was packed including long queues at the first class check in, nothing of that was felt at the FCT. We had great food and great attention. So, while I would have much preferred to take the flight I had booked, I must say the experience was truly First Class (and I am picky). Left also a comment in the book, which staff appreciates if I read correctly between the lines. As for food, the loup de mer and the vegan option were very nice. Champagne was in good supply, we had some good tasting.
Bashing wont help anyone, personally i want the service & quality level you describe, certainly no better place to be than one of the LHG FCL during irrops
Jensens and BA850 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 1:52 am

Slightly surprised this week that one of the ladies in the FCT restaurant did not speak English. My German is limited, but I did get by. PA and bar staff were excellent, restaurant staff really struggled during rush hour with all tables occupied.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by view
Slightly surprised this week that one of the ladies in the FCT restaurant did not speak English. My German is limited, but I did get by. PA and bar staff were excellent, restaurant staff really struggled during rush hour with all tables occupied.
Indeed, reported in the other thread, change to Kaefer….
Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:25 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I have been twice in FRA in the last 5 days - one FCT and one FCL A. In a nutshell: the FCL lounges in FRA have lost its level. Kaefer may be a good service for Oktoberfest beer tents but definitely not first class. They had now months to fix it but seriously did not. The service crew is not experienced on this level (it is not quantity but quality). The food is standard (the cheese you can get in a discounter supermarket) and selection is nothing special anymore. I do not understand how LH can allowed this happen. May be Jens Ritter should not just fly with the crew but also visit lounges. FCL in MUC and ZRH is still very good but FRA is in the drain. I am not sure how long the contract with Kaefer is but it is sad that LH going so cheap on their homebase. To see some benchmark - JAL in Tokyo has a caviar serving on promotion at the moment.
SMK77, chris63, flospi and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Kaefer may be a good service for Oktoberfest beer tents but definitely not first class.
The Käfer tent is not really nice, only celebs showing off The restaurant in Prinzregentenstr. is definitely classy and worth a visit.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The Käfer tent is not really nice, only celebs showing off The restaurant in Prinzregentenstr. is definitely classy and worth a visit.
I have been there but sorry it is overpriced in what you get in my opinion. There are better places in Munich to spend time and money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.