Wiki Posts
Search

FRA FCT & FCL catering moves from Do&Co to Käfer [merged feedback]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
FRA FCT & FCL catering moves from Do&Co to Käfer [merged feedback]

Hello from our beloved FCT. I am flying in F (full fare F that is) from Frankfurt tonight to bid farewell to Do&Co and welcome Käfer as the new caterer.

For context: none of the staff will be fired and everyone has gotten a new contract.

My experience here is a complete and utter disaster:

Service tonight is at its worst ever with no one caring and everyone in a super bad mood. "Didn't you know? We are changing the caterer tonight".

The kitchen closed at 8pm here and there is a limited buffet left. Drinks are only available on a whatever is left basis.

Menus are not handed out - neither food nor drinks. "Didn't you know? We are changing the caterer tonight".

Asked to speak to the supervisor tonight (Mr. V for those who have been here before): Can we at least address the service shortcomings given that everyone will have a job tomorrow? "Didn't you know? We are changing the caterer tonight". And walks away, not addressing anything.

I understand that Carsten Spohr has zero regards for passengers or their well-being but this is so wrong on so many levels - heads should roll for this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Well it was fantastic last weekend, what a difference a week makes

They have needed a catering change there for a long time, far below MUC & ZRH standards & it’s the same airline group
Old Apr 30, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Originally Posted by SMK77
Hello from our beloved FCT. I am flying in F (full fare F that is) from Frankfurt tonight to bid farewell to Do&Co and welcome Käfer as the new caterer.

For context: none of the staff will be fired and everyone has gotten a new contract.

Service tonight is at its worst ever with no one caring and everyone in a super bad mood. "Didn't you know? We are changing the caterer tonight".

The kitchen closed at 8pm here and there is a limited buffet left. Drinks are only available on a whatever is left basis.

Menus are not handed out - neither food nor drinks. "Didn't you know? We are changing the caterer tonight".

Asked to speak to the supervisor tonight (Mr. V for those who have been here before): Can we at least address the service shortcomings given that everyone will have a job tomorrow? "Didn't you know? We are changing the caterer tonight". And walks away, not addressing anything.

I understand that Carsten Spohr has zero regards for passengers or their well-being but this is so wrong on so many levels - heads should roll for this.
Does indeed not sound great or professional. At the same time, changeovers are challenging, so sounds as if this was too much of a challenge for LH. Not sure I am surprised. Let‘s hope things go uphill from here, I am there very soon, will report.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I'll be there coming Saturday and hopefully by then the level is finally up to the standard of the FCL E in ZRH.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
subject to arriving into FRA on time, let's see what liunch on Thursday is like. Looking forward to it. Haven't bothered to eat at the FCT for years (not that I'm there *that* often) but very much planning to this time.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
Hope it will be sorted until tomorrow.
will let you know
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
It was fantastic 2 weeks ago with super friendly staff also, full fare F or otherwise.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I am flying in F (full fare F that is) from Frankfurt tonight to bid farewell to Do&Co and welcome Käfer as the new caterer.
Wait. Help me make sure I understand correctly…
You’ve paid a full F fare, just to farewell a very average catering company from an airline lounge, which everyone has been complaining about for years?
Old Apr 30, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vantage03
You’ve paid a full F fare, just to farewell a very average catering company from an airline lounge, which everyone has been complaining about for years?
Never understood the need for “some” to let everyone know that they have paid for F. As if they don’t dare redeem miles to fly F 🙄
Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:44 pm

Transition completed. There are some changes in terms of the design and food. Everyone seams to be be happy with changes. I see how much work was put into it to make it look fresh and new.
And there is also special Duck
chris63, MichielR, 8420PR and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
....For context: none of the staff will be fired and everyone has gotten a new contract.

The kitchen closed at 8pm here and there is a limited buffet left. Drinks are only available on a whatever is left basis.....

Asked to speak to the supervisor tonight (Mr. V for those who have been here before): Can we at least address the service shortcomings given that everyone will have a job tomorrow? "Didn't you know? We are changing the caterer tonight". And walks away, not addressing anything....
Disgusting. After poor service (not just last night) they should count themselves lucky to be taken over by the new contractor. LH should have serious words with Käfer or whatever they’re called about what is expected in future.
aquanine likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:20 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Patrickschmidt
Transition completed. There are some changes in terms of the design and food. Everyone seams to be be happy with changes. I see how much work was put into it to make it look fresh and new.
And there is also special Duck
Looking forward to reports about the new menu and drink list. Maybe we are all surprised by the effort.
Old May 1, 2023, 2:07 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by vantage03
That is all of FlyerTalk in one sentence
seanp7, totti, the810 and 8 others like this.
Old May 1, 2023, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Looking forward to reports about the new menu and drink list. Maybe we are all surprised by the effort.

Drink menu

The most important page for most I guess

Breakfast/lunch/dinner. Special section with kids menu as well

Old May 1, 2023, 3:13 am

I was told that they were working whole night to change everything and prepare for today.
I think they did a pretty decent job.
Small touches here and there.

Oh and the most important:

Jensens, seanp7, chris63 and 8 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.