Search

LOT Polish Denied Boarding in PEK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by blue2002

My bets, in order of probability:
1) Overzealous / rogue action by the airport agent, based on prejudice, not facts.
2) Perhaps a full flight in J and the agent wanting to "upgrade" a buddy of theirs.
Yes, my thoughts also
blue2002 and gojko88 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Point 2) it didn’t leave full in C.

I heard the SM has no say over this? Maybe some of the connected Polak’s can chip in.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Siu
Hi! I'm in the exact same situation. I booked a ticket for PEK - WAW - JFK with Lifemiles for my mom departing tomorrow, but received an email yesterday from a LOT representative in their Beijing office saying she would be denied boarding. Did you email Lifemiles or just give them a call? I tried to explain the entire thing to the agent in Lifemiles but they didn't understand why this could happen, and LOT side said they would only talk to Avianca, not me. Already had a plan B but feeling so frastruated trying to reach both sides and get an answer.
Do you know if the LOT side successfully connected with Avianca? Ideally LOT and Avianca sort this issue out themselves and are able to reinstate the miles. It sounds like some reps on both sides are at least aware of the issue. I'm emailing Avianca but they're saying "as Lot airline was going to operated the flight, Avianca can not offer a partial reimbursment."

To be clear - I asked for a full reimbursement, not partial. I'll call LOT and Avianca again tomorrow.

I fully recognize that there may be some sort of mileage fraud happening out there, but that's not my responsibility as a passenger. LOT's approach can't be to deny boarding to all passengers on award tickets without any sort of warning - especially when they are sending confirmation emails with valid ticket numbers. If the fraud is so bad, they shouldn't be issuing the tickets in the first place.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree, closing non-M&M inventory would stop this in its tracks if they don’t want the risk, but I don’t think anyone at LOT knows how to only
offer seats to M&M members 😂.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, it wouldn't stop the thousands of award tickets already issued for LOT flights ex PEK of which undoutbly a significant part has been obtained fraudulently and hence, invalid for travel.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thousands? 😭
Old Apr 13, 2023, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
of which undoutbly a significant part has been obtained fraudulently
I there something that you know that the rest of us don't?
Old Apr 13, 2023, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, it wouldn't stop the thousands of award tickets already issued for LOT flights ex PEK of which undoutbly a significant part has been obtained fraudulently and hence, invalid for travel.
Your claim of thousands of fraudulent tickets is from what source ?
hugolover, the810 and quakes15 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Read again! Thousands of award tickets have already been issued for the LOT flights ex PEK. A few/some/many of these have been fraudulently obtained (idk how many, i.e. if in the thousands or hundreds).
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Read again! Thousands of award tickets have already been issued for the LOT flights ex PEK. A few/some/many of these have been fraudulently obtained (idk how many, i.e. if in the thousands or hundreds).
source please
blue2002, chris63, TPJ and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blue2002
If we are to trust the OP: Neither AC/AP nor LO HQ had any fraud concerns regarding this booking. Everything indicates the decision was taken by either LO or servicing company agent at PEK based on local sensitivities / perception of widespread fraud. Pray tell, unless this reservation is actually flagged by the back office as fraudulent, what tools would the local airport agent have to - as you say - "convince" themselves the booking was fraudulent? None, I would suggest, as it is NOT their job to perform.

My bets, in order of probability:
1) Overzealous / rogue action by the airport agent, based on prejudice, not facts.
2) Perhaps a full flight in J and the agent wanting to "upgrade" a buddy of theirs.
Hi blue2002. I think you're mostly on point here. LOT Polish representative in Poland had no issues with the ticket (other posters who booked PEK to WAW stated the same). The local servicing company agent just refused to listen, even to LOT Polish (for reasons I don't know). If LOT Polish really did suspect fraud, then the ticket shouldn't have been issued or rescinded far in advance (I got a boarding pass but was taken away after I spoke to the local crew). I know most people commented on this thread (with the exception of the few that experienced the same ordeal as I did) wasn't there but the supervisor's behavior is just unprofessional. Their mind is made up (before I even said anything) and would not listen to anything I say. They went into the conversation with the mindset that they will not listen but just to inform me I'm not getting on that flight. They are judge, jury, and executioner; no explanation from me is needed at all.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:52 pm

It doesn‘t matter, how many fraudulent tickets are on LO flights ex PEK. The only questions is, if the TO had a valid ticket and if he was at the check-in in time.

The easiest way to get the USD 5k back (plus compensation) is a EU261 against LO.
moondog and chris63 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thbe
The easiest way to get the USD 5k back (plus compensation) is a EU261 against LO.
No for a PEK to JFK itinerary; neither origin or destination are within the scope of EU Reg 261 regardless that LOT is the carrier.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No for a PEK to JFK itinerary; neither origin or destination are within the scope of EU Reg 261 regardless that LOT is the carrier.
I disagree, due to the sector between WAW and FRA, which has to be covered by EC261, plus it's IDB, not a cancellation.
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are forgetting the WAW-FRA segment the OP was ticketed on Since when is FRA-WAW not in EU ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.